• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *Official* February 2011 Thread - Happy Dance Time...The Park Hours Are Out!

Dumb question alert!

Where do you put the ME luggage tags on your suitcase? Do you put them on the top handle or the side handle? When I say top handle, I mean the handle that would be at the top (duh!) when your suitcase is upright.

ONE DAY CLOSER!!!!!!!

Thanks!

I put our tags on the top handle, the one that the airline puts their tags on also.

Woo hoo Stephanie, one week for us too!! :banana: :cool1: :yay:

At home today... Entire region is iced over, and most freeways and overpasses are closed. My only way to work is over the HUGE bridge that goes over the Houston Ship Channel, so here I am. We're used to driving in floods -- not ice!! Even the emergency vehicles trying to go to the aid of accidents are getting in accidents themselves. It's ugly.

But it means a 3-day weekend for me, and a chance to finish packing! Going to try and plan out our next week's worth of outfits, so I can hopefully pack what we don't need. Tyler Dean's in standardized dress for school, so I should be able to get his stuff packed, at least.

Hoping this ice melts a bit by later -- my dog has a vet appt. this evening to get her bordatella vaccine and it needs to be within a week of boarding to be most effective. Stupid crazy weather!! Go away! lol

I'm not too worried about the forecast for next week... It has changed so ridiculously much from day to day, I'm sure it'll change a bunch more. At least, that's what I'm telling myself, because I want those 80's GONE from the forecast. :thumbsup2

Hope everyone has a good day!

Woo hoo Stephanie, one week for us too!! :banana: :cool1: :yay:

At home today... Entire region is iced over, and most freeways and overpasses are closed. My only way to work is over the HUGE bridge that goes over the Houston Ship Channel, so here I am. We're used to driving in floods -- not ice!! Even the emergency vehicles trying to go to the aid of accidents are getting in accidents themselves. It's ugly.

But it means a 3-day weekend for me, and a chance to finish packing! Going to try and plan out our next week's worth of outfits, so I can hopefully pack what we don't need. Tyler Dean's in standardized dress for school, so I should be able to get his stuff packed, at least.

Hoping this ice melts a bit by later -- my dog has a vet appt. this evening to get her bordatella vaccine and it needs to be within a week of boarding to be most effective. Stupid crazy weather!! Go away! lol

I'm not too worried about the forecast for next week... It has changed so ridiculously much from day to day, I'm sure it'll change a bunch more. At least, that's what I'm telling myself, because I want those 80's GONE from the forecast. :thumbsup2

Hope everyone has a good day!

7 days!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Ice is definately bad!! I'd rather have 20" of snow than ice!! :rotfl2: My kids are finally back to school today after 2 snow days. The roads have finally been plowed enough to venture out which is good, I have been cooped up in this house since Tuesday, gotta get out today and get some things done.

As for the weather, we want the 80's!!!!!!!! The warmer the better!!!!!!! But I'll take what I can get. Like I said before 60's and some rain is better than the blizzard and arctic temps we have here. I see single digits in our temps when we leave next week, I hope this won't be a problem getting out of here next Friday. Ack.....:eek:

I can finally see all but one day of weather for the week we are in Orlando.

The one day that there is "rain" is our AK day. I think the gods are conspiring to make sure I do not like that park. In July we lasted about 4 hours in AK, before I totally overheated and almost had a meltdown. I swear, they have NO airconditioning in that park. I have to go into it with and open mind and a pancho. Atleast its supposed to be 81 and raining.. that might not be too bad.

Aside from a few small errands this weekend (new perscription sunglasses, and new shoe inserts) I am as ready as I can be. Now i just have to wait which is the hardest part. We have almost all the packing done, just cant pull out the suitcase till next Saturday, or the dogs will freak out.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!

The one day that there is "rain" is our AK day. I think the gods are conspiring to make sure I do not like that park. In July we lasted about 4 hours in AK, before I totally overheated and almost had a meltdown. I swear, they have NO airconditioning in that park. I have to go into it with and open mind and a pancho. Atleast its supposed to be 81 and raining.. that might not be too bad.

I truly dislike that park. The layout is horrible, and I swear they pipe in heat from Africa for realism. The two times we gave it a try were both in February, and it was still ridiculously hot. And given that every world-class zoo nowadays is exactly like AK (meaning open-concept and no cages), I refuse to give up any more Epcot time to just not be wowed there. But that's just my own opinion. :)

Gina - We have 3 epcot days. The AK day, we have the Wishes Dessert Party, so we had not planned a full day there. I would like to try Dinosaur, as we didnt last time. I do not hold out high hopes that the park will impress.
I figure if its just a icky as last time, we are off to MK for the day. :rotfl:

I'm a little bummed about the cold weather in Orlando, but there is no rain forcasted yet for our trip and I hope it stays that way! I'd much rather cold and dry! Even 45 isn't quite jacket weather for me, but 30 is!

Now what's all this about confirming ADRs? Is this necessary? My TA made most of my ADRs so I don't know if I can check them online?

Now what's all this about confirming ADRs? Is this necessary? My TA made most of my ADRs so I don't know if I can check them online?

You can check them on the WDW website. you can log in and plug in your confo numbers and the reservation should come right up.

I know you all will have a slight heart attack when you read this, but other than Valentine's Day, I have no plan of what park on what day, or schedule of any kind. :scared1:

Everyone alright? :rotfl2:

I am a planner, I have my park times, crowd calendar, what parks to avoid, showtimes and what-not but the problem is this is my in-laws trip, their idea, their money, and they are NOT planners, but I have called a family meeting tonight to explain how everything works (this is their first time staying on property) I am not even sure they have been to all 4 parks, but hopefully we can make some sort of outline. :wizard: Wish me luck! :wizard:

I know you all will have a slight heart attack when you read this, but other than Valentine's Day, I have no plan of what park on what day, or schedule of any kind. :scared1:

Everyone alright? :rotfl2:

:faint:

I am a planner, I have my park times, crowd calendar, what parks to avoid, showtimes and what-not but the problem is this is my in-laws trip, their idea, their money, and they are NOT planners, but I have called a family meeting tonight to explain how everything works (this is their first time staying on property) I am not even sure they have been to all 4 parks, but hopefully we can make some sort of outline. :wizard: Wish me luck! :wizard:

It definitely wouldn't work for me, but I know how it is to try and go with non-planners. At least the crowd numbers look good for next week, and if you can at least get them out of bed and at the parks early, you should be just fine. Have you packed your police whistle and bullhorn yet? :thumbsup2

I don't have any definitive plans, but I do have a general idea of what I want to hit when. Mostly for MK because there is so much to do there. All the other parks have just a few rides that are appropriate for DD, if DH wants to ride the other ones alone then I'll leave it up to him to figure it out :rotfl:

For our first MK day, we have a 9:30am ADR at CP. We will be there at rope drop and race to Dumbo to ride, grab a FP for Winnie the Pooh, eat breakfast then go do Toontown (last day of Toontown) and do Fantasyland after. The next day we will do the rest of Fantasyland, Tomorrowland and POTC. At some point DH will get a FP for Splash Mountain and BTMRR and he will return after DD goes to bed (MK open until 11pm)

Packing this weekend!! And I'm leaving my winter coat in Canada!!!! I will bring 1 hoodie and 1 fleece for layering. Same with DD plus 2 additional fall jackets (one fleece lined and one windbreaker)

:faint:

It definitely wouldn't work for me, but I know how it is to try and go with non-planners. At least the crowd numbers look good for next week, and if you can at least get them out of bed and at the parks early, you should be just fine. Have you packed your police whistle and bullhorn yet? :thumbsup2

Out of bed and to the parks early? :rotfl2: Yeah, I don't see that happening. Maybe my MIL and FIL but the SIL and her 3 kids, I'm guessing NOT! They are late to bed and late to rise. We couldn't be further apart on the parenting spectrum. I'm hoping they will be cool with meeting us at the park when they can. We all went about 4 years ago, stayed off site, they were at the park at 3pm and left before the fireworks. OMG! The horror!!!! :scared1:

:banana:I told DH that this trip, we are rope drop people.

Last time, we were at the parks till 11/12 almost every night, since it was summer, so, we never made a rope drop. I am hoping with most parks closing by 9 while we are out there it will make it easier.

Should be picking up my new sunglasses (perscription) tomorrow morning. New insterts for my shoes (darn feet) and new long johns tomorrow. With those three items, I am now ready to pack. :banana:

Question for wdwislife or anyone else who can help:

This is my first time at WDW if Feb. Being chilly in my neck of the woods right now, I am at a loss for what type of clothes to pack for our trip. We will be there the week of 2/20. Shorts? flipflops? capris? Jeans? I just don't know.

Question for wdwislife or anyone else who can help:

This is my first time at WDW if Feb. Being chilly in my neck of the woods right now, I am at a loss for what type of clothes to pack for our trip. We will be there the week of 2/20. Shorts? flipflops? capris? Jeans? I just don't know.

We're from NH so I'm used to cold weather but I'm still planning to bring a little bit of everything. We'll be there 2/24 - 3/6 so I'm expecting highs to range between 60-80 and lows down as far as the 40s. We will also have a washer & dryer in our villa so I'm sure I'll be washing clothes.

I was there in January and saw a little bit of everything. There were two nights that got into the mid to low 40s and we were bundled up with fleece jackets, scarves & gloves.

This was Saturday 1/22 (I'm front with gold tiara):
Photo0120FourBySix.jpg

(Reported high 60, low 43... People were wrapped in blankets & bathrobes all over Magic Kingdom!)

My plan is to wear cold weather clothes on travel day and take the fleece jackets along, rather than leave them in the car at the airport, and pack one other pair of pants along with capris & shorts. I'll be packing layering clothes, light weight long sleeve t-shirts, short sleeve t-shirts & a second sweatshirt. Unless the weather forecast is showing all 80s the day before we leave, I want to prepare for the worst.

Sorry if that doesn't help too much... I'd suggest a little of everything (from bathing suits to gloves) & clothes that you can layer.

Hello All!:cool1:

Been reading the posts on this forum for a while but just registered. We arrive in Disney on Tuesday the 8th and are staying at the Hawthorn Suites. Coming from Scotland so hope the weather will be a bit better than ours at the moment - 80mph gales and driving rain :woohoo:

Being Scottish we are hardy souls so have packed mostley shports and tshirts for us - me DH, DS1 (12) and DS2 (9) We are hoping it will be about 70.

We have ordered our passes - Real Deal so hope to visit all the Disney Parks, Universal ones and Seaworld and Typhoon Laggon. We havent really made plans for which order or what to do when we get there, but after reading how organised you all are I am really starting to panic - hence the reason I am posting at 3.30am :worship:

We have Bed and Breakfast at the Hawthorn and car hire booked and are staying for 14 nights - Looking for any tips , hints or handy information.

I notice a few posters talking of the PhotoPass and am now debating whether to get one before we go or not - what do you think if any of you have used it before. We take loads of pictures normally and want a lot of the four of us together.

Thanks all for taking the time to read.

:grouphug:

We leave in 21 days we have added quick service to our package we will be there feb 27th to march 5th. 5 day tix to park any suggestions of where to eat with toddlers? thanks

::MinnieMo (me) :hmghost: (DH) :sulley: (DS) :smickey: (DS)
:mickeyjum (DS) :tinker: (DD)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter