The Official Fall/Fall Advantage 2010 Thread!

I just got accepted for Fall-attractions!!!
I'm SO excited.
Now that the wait is over I can relax a bit for the auditions!
Can't wait!

I just got an email about an hour ago now letting me know that I was accepted to Fall in Transportation. Yipee! I was really pulling for Attractions or Photopass, but I actually think transportation should be fun too.

congrats everyone who got in today! I'm getting nervous I want the audition over with so I know if I make it in or staying seasonal!

I interviewed on January 26th. Received Pending Status on February 9th. All hope seemed to be lost coming into March.. until today.....

I've been accepted for Quick Service Food and Beverage for Fall Advantage 2010! Woohoo!!! :) :banana:

Congrats Travis! I'm soooo excited for you! I knew you would get in.. some people were being jerks.. but we know how to deal with them, don't we? *cue Toy Story Sid music*

:rotfl:

I got in! I got in, in 5 days!!!!!! OMG! I think I won a record of shortness waiting.... I would like to add I was having the most horrible day, until I saw disney in my inbox! I got accepted as a lifeguard... Which the payrate screams disney sadily.... VERY sadily.... To think this is their going rate to save a life... :sad2:

I GOT IN!! I applied in January, this has taken forever!! OMG mOUSEKEEPING! its' not my first choice, but yesterday I was talking to my mom that I'd be happy having a career of making towel-animals! :rotfl: yay!!

but the thing is..i need someone's help on this. I applied in January. Got an email mid-February saying that my decision was pending, adn I took that as a rejection letter. I withdrew from my school term mid-February because of family/personal issues. Can I still do the CP, do you think? Will Disney know I didn't finish out this semester? I don't want to lie or anything :/ if I took a summer semester, would that count for Disney? gahh :confused3 I've never been happier than when I got that purple e-mail and I hope I can keep this happiness..

I GOT IN!! I applied in January, this has taken forever!! OMG mOUSEKEEPING! its' not my first choice, but yesterday I was talking to my mom that I'd be happy having a career of making towel-animals! :rotfl: yay!!

but the thing is..i need someone's help on this. I applied in January. Got an email mid-February saying that my decision was pending, adn I took that as a rejection letter. I withdrew from my school term mid-February because of family/personal issues. Can I still do the CP, do you think? Will Disney know I didn't finish out this semester? I don't want to lie or anything :/ if I took a summer semester, would that count for Disney? gahh :confused3 I've never been happier than when I got that purple e-mail and I hope I can keep this happiness..

I would call them and explain the situation - tell them you'd be willing to do summer classes. See what they say.

I would call them and explain the situation - tell them you'd be willing to do summer classes. See what they say.
thank you for the quick reply! What number do you recommend I call? (407) 828-1736? (I got that at the bottom of the email if I got the message by mistake-- but I don't want to call the wrong number or anything!)

Its .13 more then what the lowest rate was when my interviewer told me... Unless she was wrong there.... Thats why Im kinda in shock.... I thought it was too!

its just "disney rate" for CPS the full timers and part timers get paid a lot more but cuz this is looked at as an internship they pas us less as CPS..

like make more /hr now as a sesoanal CM then the heigts CP rate and people who are full time and part time make more them me and charecters used to be the 2nd heights paid the higest being quick sevice food (as they have most trouble finding people to apply in that area its seems).

But this is a role where it could involve doing rescue breathing.. aka... mouth to mouth... hmffff lol!:scared1:

I know people who are out of work right now who would be very happy with any sort of money. The rate I'll get paid for mousekeeping isn't that far above minimum wage, but I'll take it. Working for Disney is my dream job, and in this economy, people would fight you for this ~low paying~ job where you get to work at the most magical place on earth. mouth to mouth? that's saving someone's life. That would be an amazing feeling.

Really before you rampage... I was not complaining, more double taken at it.... Saving someone's life, done it... And I know all the legal issues that come along with it.. Like I said I worked at the Y life guarding... If you do CPR correctly you could break a rib, maybe a few... So your employer would be the one if a legal issue uprised to cover you but still, there's alot under getting someone out of the pool, using an AED, admin of oxygen and CPR... Not to mention while people are staring, because really everyone is rushing to save a life and clearing the area rarely happens. Right there is 3 of the 4 certifications it takes, add in first aid too... So that's what sparked my double take thinking this would be a higher paying role... Same as zero to hero said, I'm pretty sure this is a higher paying role... Considering you do your job properly and save someones life... There's no "price" you can name... But .13 cents for 4 trainings, that could be life impacting is what caused my double take. So mousekeeping, and towel animals.. I wont go there... For you to try to make it seem like Im not grateful for the role... But more that I know what it is.... Because I have done it, and I have saved a handful of peoples lives.... Mostly children. I wanted this role so I would have the chance to TRULY make someone's stay magical... But I do know what goes behind it to perform on this job. And sadly when the emergency hits... I've seen several lifeguards back out... So before you try to teach me a lesson, think before you speak... Because I didn't mean it as ungrateful, more to this is how disney views life saving trainings t an hourly role.

Really before you rampage... I was not complaining, more double taken at it.... Saving someone's life, done it... And I know all the legal issues that come along with it.. Like I said I worked at the Y life guarding... If you do CPR correctly you could break a rib, maybe a few... So your employer would be the one if a legal issue uprised to cover you but still, there's alot under getting someone out of the pool, using an AED, admin of oxygen and CPR... Not to mention while people are staring, because really everyone is rushing to save a life and clearing the area rarely happens. Right there is 3 of the 4 certifications it takes, add in first aid too... So that's what sparked my double take thinking this would be a higher paying role... Same as zero to hero said, I'm pretty sure this is a higher paying role... Considering you do your job properly and save someones life... There's no "price" you can name... But .13 cents for 4 trainings, that could be life impacting is what caused my double take. So mousekeeping, and towel animals.. I wont go there... For you to try to make it seem like Im not grateful for the role... But more that I know what it is.... Because I have done it, and I have saved a handful of peoples lives.... Mostly children. I wanted this role so I would have the chance to TRULY make someone's stay magical... But I do know what goes behind it to perform on this job. And sadly when the emergency hits... I've seen several lifeguards back out... So before you try to teach me a lesson, think before you speak... Because I didn't mean it as ungrateful, more to this is how disney views life saving trainings t an hourly role.

Look, if you want more money, then go try to get a job there as a lifeguard not on the College Program. This program is not to give you money. It is to give Disney people who know how to do jobs and do them well who are cheap labor. Most internships are not paid. This one is. It's about the experience.

Also - I am pretty sure you misquoted me. I was saying you are paid more than a lot of roles.

And you being so important?

I'm Attractions. If I press a wrong button, I can kill people. I get paid less than you do. Does that make me less important than you? No. Do I think I should get paid more? No.

Transportation. Don't know how much they get paid, but it's probably around the same as you, if not less. How frequently do you think they could crash buses? I bet they have more issues with guest safety than you will.

Oh, and before you make a snide comment, and then pretend you're not going to say anything, just don't say it. That's why you're typing. You have time to think about what you're saying, and go back and erase it. You don't say something, then stop mid-sentence, like you blurted something out and realized your mistake.

Mousekeeping is important. Especially in these days, with H1N1, not to mention any other hosts of viruses and bacteria that can be in hotel rooms. The joy and magic that a towel animal brings to a child on a daily basis is only a topper to the work that they have to do. It's back-breaking work, alone, and you have to keep everything neat and clean, otherwise people will complain, and then you get in trouble.

Everyone is important. Everyone's role is significant. No one should be demeaned because of their role.

wow.... I said I wouldn't go there, because its not in my knowledge to... Did I comment any other jobs? No... Did I say I want more money? No... My point of my reply.... Is before you point fingers at job you've never done.. Don't... Cause "unless you've walked a mile in someone else's shoes you don't know." Its more the fact .13 equals alot of training for a possible legal lawsuit if not trained right or not performed... For all jobs if you WANT TO GO INTO THAT...

And the snide comment... I know what I typed.

I just got accepted for Fall-attractions!!!
I'm SO excited.
Now that the wait is over I can relax a bit for the auditions!
Can't wait!

I just got an email about an hour ago now letting me know that I was accepted to Fall in Transportation. Yipee! I was really pulling for Attractions or Photopass, but I actually think transportation should be fun too.

I interviewed on January 26th. Received Pending Status on February 9th. All hope seemed to be lost coming into March.. until today.....

I've been accepted for Quick Service Food and Beverage for Fall Advantage 2010! Woohoo!!! :) :banana:

Congrats everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter