The Official Fall/Fall Advantage 2010 Thread!

Thanks for the tips, im already a swim instructor and lifeguard I do it for the Y near my house over the summer.... Do you hold the brick AND tread for 2 min?!

First you have a swim test which is only 500 meters i think. Most people cant even do this becuase they think its a race and tired out becuase 500 meters is further than most people think it is. Then there are stupid things like touch the bottom of the pool or hold breath for 30 seconds. Most people fail the no hands swim test. It is easier than the brick test. You hold your hands and arms above the water for 2 min while swimming. If your arms touch the water then you fail and they will only give you one chance. I was a lifeguard at blizzard beach and loved it

I just had my phone interview, i feel like it went very well!

the woman said i'd hear back in 3-4 weeks.
(i told her i preferred fall advantage, and attractions, merch, or photopass)
so now begins the waiting game for my purple folder... ^_^

just so you know you where give bad info, Equity performers don't do parades.. they don't dance on the ground ever.. everyone that is on the ground, ie parades, the high school musical show, hoe down ect are all character performers and CPs can be trained in them, its not garenteed to any perfromer but if you are a dancer you have a very good chance in general but you do have to do fur as well. The contract with Equity says they wont perfrom on the ground as dancers ever, so thats wrong info.

Actually, that's not true. There are Equity Green Army Men in BPB, and there are 4 Equity performers in HSM. And there are also Equity in MJJP at AK (and those are just off the top of my head).

So0o0o... I'm going to try to sum this all up as quick as I can... I called back today.... And deff was given false information all the way around.... And to do parades I'd have to be fur/face as well. To make the hours deff fur would be involved. But I figured w/e go just to go... IF I get a job I want before, awesome.... Then I just not try my best or reject it. But I wouldn't know if Igot parades until AFTER arriving. The lady said to be a parade performer I'd be re-evaluated, to see if my dancing is strong enough as a parade dancer or mover..... So good thing I did hear back from you, so I got this fixed right away... So off to auditions March 31st for me! I really am excited to see what they are.... I guess I'll have to just wait and see.....

Actually, that's not true. There are Equity Green Army Men in BPB, and there are 4 Equity performers in HSM. And there are also Equity in MJJP at AK (and those are just off the top of my head).

The green army men, the drummers in MJJP and the 3 performers on HSM aren't dancing on the ground. They are on singer or speaking contracts. The rule is no equity performers DANCE on the street, because its bad for you, so they let characters do it.

so your right I said they don't do parades, but I then said they don't dance on the ground and we are talking about dancing for parades. And all of the dancers in the shows/paredes I said are us... which is what was being talked about...

Its also why the Lion King dancers are Charecters except the people on the plat form becasue they are dacning on the ground..

So0o0o... I'm going to try to sum this all up as quick as I can... I called back today.... And deff was given false information all the way around.... And to do parades I'd have to be fur/face as well. To make the hours deff fur would be involved. But I figured w/e go just to go... IF I get a job I want before, awesome.... Then I just not try my best or reject it. But I wouldn't know if Igot parades until AFTER arriving. The lady said to be a parade performer I'd be re-evaluated, to see if my dancing is strong enough as a parade dancer or mover..... So good thing I did hear back from you, so I got this fixed right away... So off to auditions March 31st for me! I really am excited to see what they are.... I guess I'll have to just wait and see.....

you might not have to be reevaluated.. my last CP I was trained in parade the week after I was trained in fur.. that doesn't happen all the time but it might just show up on your schedule even if you don't go dance again for them :) Break a leg! hopfully we'll both get in!

are you gonna be at the orlando audition? I'm not going to wear my character heels....1 pair is really worn out, and the other I have as tap shoes... So I may wear my jazz shoes, but Im more comfortable w/ my canvas ballet slippers, cause the elastic stretches under the arch of my foot... And is better for the mylarn flooring...

are you gonna be at the orlando audition? I'm not going to wear my character heels....1 pair is really worn out, and the other I have as tap shoes... So I may wear my jazz shoes, but Im more comfortable w/ my canvas ballet slippers, cause the elastic stretches under the arch of my foot... And is better for the mylarn flooring...

no I live in NYC so I'm going to the one in Boston. I'm just seasonal now and just fly down to FL to work once and a while, though hopefully as I said I'll get to be a CP agin and get full time house for the semester. I'm going to wear my jazz shoes or Jazz Sneakers, I lie the shoes better my sneaks are kind of crappy at this point. Deff wear the ballet shoes that thats why feels beter for you, they doen't really care as long as you can dance in them :) but Break a leg!

Hello all!!! =)

I'm so happy I found this. Its been so long since I've been on here. I just finished my interview a few minutes ago. I'm not sure of how i did though. =(
I got a little to nervous during the most important question of why I wanted to be there. I think i rambled and didn't finish an entire sentence. Worst time ever to be so jumpy and overly passionate. Not to mention I was called an hour earlier than expected and was caught way off guard.

Anywho.

I'm majoring in Hospitality and was hoping to be apart of hotel service. Anyone else aiming for a role in that area during fall advantage?

Hi everyone!!! WE ARE DOING THE DISNEY HAPPY DANCE!!

My daughter is soooo excited that she got Photopass which was her first choice!! we are really surprised too because we know how competitive it is!! She had almost a 7 week wait! She only got a thank you for interviewing email and nothing else until she called about 3wks ago and they told her she was pending and than thursday she called and they said that "You should be getting something for YOUR fall advantage program"!! So we thought that was good news and sure enough got her folder yesterday!!

Can anyone tell me what shoes she will need for photopass? I know they tell everyone to wait until they get there but I really want her to be able to break them in!!

Also, What grocery stores are close to the apartments? I want to get her some gift cards so she won't have to worry about spending her money!!

Do the apartments have pots/pans? Irons? what small appliances do they have? Should we bring curtains and shower curtains?

Any other suggestions would be great!!

Thanks everyone!!!

Congrats to your daughter!!!

Publix and Wal-Mart are going to be the closest grocery stores to property that are reasonable. I know you can get Publix gift cards online.

As far as shoes, hopefully someone already in the role can answer that, but I think it might depend on her location.

When she accepts, there is a list of what is in the apartment. I know there is a toaster, microwave, fridge/freezer, stove.... Pots and pans are listed. If she is a coffee drinker, there isn't a coffee pot listed. There is a shower curtain, but I've seen on a lot of the youtuble vlogs that people bring Disney ones :D

Hi everyone!!! WE ARE DOING THE DISNEY HAPPY DANCE!!

My daughter is soooo excited that she got Photopass which was her first choice!! we are really surprised too because we know how competitive it is!! She had almost a 7 week wait! She only got a thank you for interviewing email and nothing else until she called about 3wks ago and they told her she was pending and than thursday she called and they said that "You should be getting something for YOUR fall advantage program"!! So we thought that was good news and sure enough got her folder yesterday!!

Can anyone tell me what shoes she will need for photopass? I know they tell everyone to wait until they get there but I really want her to be able to break them in!!

Also, What grocery stores are close to the apartments? I want to get her some gift cards so she won't have to worry about spending her money!!

Do the apartments have pots/pans? Irons? what small appliances do they have? Should we bring curtains and shower curtains?

Any other suggestions would be great!!

Thanks everyone!!!

Photo pass needs ALL black sneakers they can't have any color on them at all not trim or anything they have to be all back all around.

It has a shower/regular curtins and pots and pans plates and bowls I think a can opener. we had to bring our own iorn and board.. you also need to bring your own tuperwear if thats something you use.. I don't drink coffee so I don't recall if there was a coffee maker or not lol. I totaly recomned a laundre bag or hamper the closed and has a sholder strap it makes it sooo much easier on landrey day!
You can check out vacumes from the main office. you need a TV, but if she can find roomates you can talk about that, but at least when I was there they didn't pervide the tv or wireless routers it was all plug in we had to bring those on our own, IDK if that has changed in the lat 3 years but thats how it was when I was there last time.

Thanks all I can think of right now

well I got accepted for QSFB for Disneyland! :D

Now i'm debating if I want to accept or not, do you guys think the acceptance fee is worth it honestly? :confused3 I didn't even put QSFB as a choice....

and I see that is says no pets, anyone have any clue if fish are included in that? lol. I only have a very very small 20 gallon tank :3

also, how are they with visitors? I dunno if I can handle being away from my fiance for 6 months....

well I got accepted for QSFB for Disneyland! :D

Now i'm debating if I want to accept or not, do you guys think the acceptance fee is worth it honestly? :confused3 I didn't even put QSFB as a choice....

and I see that is says no pets, anyone have any clue if fish are included in that? lol. I only have a very very small 20 gallon tank :3

also, how are they with visitors? I dunno if I can handle being away from my fiance for 6 months....

I know doe WDW not even fish are aloud and all guest have to be out by 1am.. I also have heard DL cost a lot more for the entrance fee then WDW does.. but I think people have really liked the program there..

yea, its over $850 to start up :( I'm just worried about my fish, its not like just anyone can care for them... these are carnivirous beasts! lol. but literally, I have 2 salt-water eels, a few clown fish, and some other salties that require attention and feedings on a daily basis...

i wish the guest thing was a bit more open to couples.... I'm gonna have to figure out of I think its worth it.. anyone have any experience with QFSB and what all is required? or what am I gonna need in DLR for housing wise?

I'm doing WDW and my finance is staying here at home. We both know that for my career (I'm a hospitality management major) it's a great thing to do. I'll be squeezing in wedding planning since we're getting married next May :)

Photo pass needs ALL black sneakers they can't have any color on them at all not trim or anything they have to be all back all around.

This is right, except that it has to be all white, not black. But there can't be trim or obvious logos or anything like that.

This is right, except that it has to be all white, not black. But there can't be trim or obvious logos or anything like that.

oh is that new? lol I thought I strared at black shoes for hours on end lol but maybe its juet looking there black screes so much lol sry

oh is that new? lol I thought I strared at black shoes for hours on end lol but maybe its juet looking there black screes so much lol sry

No problem, haha. I totally thought it was black too, and then saw a picture, and was like "wait... those are white. really?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter