The Official Fall/Fall Advantage 2010 Thread!

Just got my acceptance for fall advantage BBB!
Going to the Boston auditions too!

And still waiting/hoping for a PI!
princess:

okay so I'm a bit confused. I applied for Disney and had my phone interview this morning, I was told it would be 3-4 weeks before I got a response as to if I was accepted or not... I'm seeing everyone post about auditions. Was I supposed to get one to continue into the program instead of waiting? or is that for something extra? I just wanna make sure I did everything right, I'm stressing so bad about the wait D: I really wanna know if I got accepted! lol

hi guys, im applying for the fall (im not sure if i want to ask for fall advantage yet or not, i have until tomorrow to decide at my phone interview)
im hoping i get accepted so i get to meet and hang out with some of you!
:goodvibes
im excited and freaking out nervous at the same time. lol

I'm not a CP, but my cousin had his phone interview on 2/26, and I am sooooo excited for him to find out if he gets in! He wants this more than he has ever wanted anything in his life, and I am nervous for him.

He's leaving on vacation for a week (Disney Cruise) tomorrow, and was hoping to know before then so he didn't have to spend his trip wondering about it.

I have been following this thread for him...does it seem to anyone else like there is a pattern to getting accepted? Like a whole bunch of people will post that they were accepted all at once, and then like a week will go by and no one posts at all. Do they send the acceptances out in batches? Seems like people have been finding out in two weeks or less, and he'll be at 2 weeks tomorrow.

Hey everyone! Im usually on the W.I.S.H. dis forum.... But since I just got off the phone for my fall2010 cp interview I figured I'd post a quick hey! So is everyone whose getting accepted getting their first choices? or what is it looking like? I wanted character performer, but when I found out there is no chance at performing in parades I said no thanks.... So right now I request BBB for my first and LG for my 2nd.... Any advice?

Hey everyone! Im usually on the W.I.S.H. dis forum.... But since I just got off the phone for my fall2010 cp interview I figured I'd post a quick hey! So is everyone whose getting accepted getting their first choices? or what is it looking like? I wanted character performer, but when I found out there is no chance at performing in parades I said no thanks.... So right now I request BBB for my first and LG for my 2nd.... Any advice?

Who told you there was no chance? There is! It depends on how good a dancer you are, but there definitely have been people who do it. I don't know how many, but the only Entertainment CP I know personally was in parades.

Or did you just mean there was "slim to no chance," and not straight out "no chance?"

I just got off the phone w/ the interview lady. And wanted to make sure it'd be worth me going to to audition for. Since I only wanted to be a parade or show dancer. And she said to be considered NOW for a parade performer you need to now be in the guild/equity group to be considered as a performer/dancer (idk when this was enforced but it may be new....???). She said its not worth the time of training for the CP. And I asked "I dont want to be rude and double question you... But I live an hour away, lets say I took a seasonal position after the cp would that change the situation? Or is it flat out a no for what I want out of the audition and being in the cp?" She said no she strongly recommends me against it. First if you make the audition its character only for cp now... Also if I did qualify even as an advanced dancer it'd be for a fur character. If I was a good choice for face cp still does fur 80% of the time. Idk did not like the sounds of it, and personally I'm not gonna sweat it too much myself. Idk how accurate she could have been (I've gotten alot of bad information from everywhere in disney to be honest), but she said I wouldn't waste my time if I were you. And I told her I've done dance for years and danced on company levels for 7 years, and have gone away for intensives all over. And really I'm going more for the experience rather then the self accomplishment of making parade performer... When I transfer to UCF I can work pt as a performer... Idk I thought about to do the audition just to see, and see if she was wrong. But didn't want to get stuck with something I don't want to be doing. Cause when I asked, she said if I made the audition I would lose my prior job offer.

some lg advice im not or was never a lg at disney sooo iduno who trains them or how they run everything but i was a lg at another theme park in Ca. here are just some tips that might help especially if you are trained and audited by ellis.
-always have water sunglasses and your whistle
-start swimming when you get it soo you are ready for the test cause you have to swim laps get a brick and tread.
-be ready for anything and everything
but ya theres alot more. but just have fun being a lg is fun! but its alot of work!

Thanks for the tips, im already a swim instructor and lifeguard I do it for the Y near my house over the summer.... Do you hold the brick AND tread for 2 min?!

just so you know you where give bad info, Equity performers don't do parades.. they don't dance on the ground ever.. everyone that is on the ground, ie parades, the high school musical show, hoe down ect are all character performers and CPs can be trained in them, its not garenteed to any perfromer but if you are a dancer you have a very good chance in general but you do have to do fur as well. The contract with Equity says they wont perfrom on the ground as dancers ever, so thats wrong info.

To be a stage show dancer you do have to be equity but thats like The castel show and Beauty and the Beast.

I just got off the phone w/ the interview lady. And wanted to make sure it'd be worth me going to to audition for. Since I only wanted to be a parade or show dancer. And she said to be considered NOW for a parade performer you need to now be in the guild/equity group to be considered as a performer/dancer (idk when this was enforced but it may be new....???). She said its not worth the time of training for the CP. And I asked "I dont want to be rude and double question you... But I live an hour away, lets say I took a seasonal position after the cp would that change the situation? Or is it flat out a no for what I want out of the audition and being in the cp?" She said no she strongly recommends me against it. First if you make the audition its character only for cp now... Also if I did qualify even as an advanced dancer it'd be for a fur character. If I was a good choice for face cp still does fur 80% of the time. Idk did not like the sounds of it, and personally I'm not gonna sweat it too much myself. Idk how accurate she could have been (I've gotten alot of bad information from everywhere in disney to be honest), but she said I wouldn't waste my time if I were you. And I told her I've done dance for years and danced on company levels for 7 years, and have gone away for intensives all over. And really I'm going more for the experience rather then the self accomplishment of making parade performer... When I transfer to UCF I can work pt as a performer... Idk I thought about to do the audition just to see, and see if she was wrong. But didn't want to get stuck with something I don't want to be doing. Cause when I asked, she said if I made the audition I would lose my prior job offer.

That last part isn't true either, as far as I know. I was under the impression that you have the option to pick one or the other - you can reject your Character Performer role. At least, that's how I interpreted it. I don't know if anyone ever has actually done that, but I heard you get your decision email, and have one to two weeks to accept or decline.

It is true though, you will most likely be doing fur. Depends how tall you are - parade movers (dancers) are usually taller - Pluto height, I believe.

And I am pretty sure it's really difficult to get hours as a PT Entertainment - a lot of people are doing the CP just because it's the only way to get enough hours as a character.

If it's something you want to do, you might as well try out. I don't know if there's a place to write down that you only want to do parades - or if you can even say that and they'll take it into account. It's all color-coded though, so if you do well enough, you'll be coded to do parades.

That last part isn't true either, as far as I know. I was under the impression that you have the option to pick one or the other - you can reject your Character Performer role. At least, that's how I interpreted it. I don't know if anyone ever has actually done that, but I heard you get your decision email, and have one to two weeks to accept or decline.

It is true though, you will most likely be doing fur. Depends how tall you are - parade movers (dancers) are usually taller - Pluto height, I believe.

And I am pretty sure it's really difficult to get hours as a PT Entertainment - a lot of people are doing the CP just because it's the only way to get enough hours as a character.

If it's something you want to do, you might as well try out. I don't know if there's a place to write down that you only want to do parades - or if you can even say that and they'll take it into account. It's all color-coded though, so if you do well enough, you'll be coded to do parades.

you cant only do perades or only do face you have to do fur to do both

ughhhhh! I knew it didn't sound right, cause I can not sing for the life of me! I'm also the average height of 5'07 si my chances for characters are slim, I was going for just dancer... So any ideas on how to contact the lady back and request an audition now.... ughhh!

you cant only do perades or only do face you have to do fur to do both

Oo, I totally didn't even think of that - parades alone isn't going to give you 30 hours at all, is it? My bad. I blame my lack of sleep... :rolleyes1 and not my failure at thinking things through...

And Princess BMoney - just call back WDW Recruiting and tell them you want to go to an audition. Or email them. The audition times, etc. are listed on disneyauditions.com or the College Program site, if you hadn't already picked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter