The Official DisDads Rant Thread

1st, I'm glad I have found this forum. I can post, but it's a little more anonomous(sp?) than facebook to rant.

2nd, The fb post I deleted. - "Know the best part of working 50 hours a week? Knowing in advance you have no hope for comp time at the end of it all."

3rd - Work isn't done at 5, it's done when it's done. And that's fine. But when 2 people get to leave at 4:00 for child care, and I have to stay until 6 to make up for them leaving early? That's not fair, especially since I have more children than them combined! Oh, but I'm not a "single mom" so that doesn't matter? Please... when I leave after 5, I'm on the clock with the babysitter ($5 every half-hour.) And what about the folks w/o kids? Why should they be expected to stay? They have lives, too.

4th - Even if I DID earn the comp time, there's no one around that can do my job, so I couldn't use it anyway. THAT is why I'm sitting on 13 PTO days with no hope of using them.

3rd - Work isn't done at 5, it's done when it's done. And that's fine. But when 2 people get to leave at 4:00 for child care, and I have to stay until 6 to make up for them leaving early? That's not fair, especially since I have more children than them combined! Oh, but I'm not a "single mom" so that doesn't matter? Please... when I leave after 5, I'm on the clock with the babysitter ($5 every half-hour.) And what about the folks w/o kids? Why should they be expected to stay? They have lives, too.

:thumbsup2 I can't post this on FB either (my DW would kill me or I'd be skewered on-line). Drives me nuts. Come in, do your job, go home. I don't care about your personal life...

Finally got where we could go ahead and get the heat pump replaced in that "vacation house" aka the house we couldn't sell and now that we are ready the cost went up $600.:headache: I just keep telling myself it could be worse. So many dads going through tougher things than I am.

Arrived at work this morning and found out that my workload is being reduced. This is not good news at all. I left my weekday job to be a SAHD while my wife went back to work because I knew I could work weekends and bring home money to help pay bills. Things were already not going according to plan when over the summer my weekends were cutback to just saturdays. September and October have been very tight, budget-wise, with me working only 5 days in each month. In November and December, I will only be working 5 days total!! Only because they are holidays.

And how did I find this out?? There was an email in my inbox announcing the hiring of a new staff employee and stating that his role would include weekends.

I wasn't even an afterthought... Nobody's reached out to me to explain how this would impact my schedule. I had to go look at the schedule for November to see that all the non-holiday shifts are filled, and my name isn't on any of them!

I always accepted this freelance role was unpredictable. But my frustration here is mostly that nobody has the decency to talk to me about it! I am not usually a ranter, but this has major consequences for my family's well-being... and that's pushing me over the edge. :headache:

I am waiting until tomorrow when I am a little more calm to email my boss. This man has repeatedly told me how I'm his go-to guy and how he always offers me these weekend shifts first. :mad:

I need more time than that to break this news to DW. I need a few more days to work up leads on replacing that income.

Arrived at work this morning and found out that my workload is being reduced. This is not good news at all. I left my weekday job to be a SAHD while my wife went back to work because I knew I could work weekends and bring home money to help pay bills. Things were already not going according to plan when over the summer my weekends were cutback to just saturdays. September and October have been very tight, budget-wise, with me working only 5 days in each month. In November and December, I will only be working 5 days total!! Only because they are holidays.

And how did I find this out?? There was an email in my inbox announcing the hiring of a new staff employee and stating that his role would include weekends.

I wasn't even an afterthought... Nobody's reached out to me to explain how this would impact my schedule. I had to go look at the schedule for November to see that all the non-holiday shifts are filled, and my name isn't on any of them!

I always accepted this freelance role was unpredictable. But my frustration here is mostly that nobody has the decency to talk to me about it! I am not usually a ranter, but this has major consequences for my family's well-being... and that's pushing me over the edge. :headache:

I am waiting until tomorrow when I am a little more calm to email my boss. This man has repeatedly told me how I'm his go-to guy and how he always offers me these weekend shifts first. :mad:

I need more time than that to break this news to DW. I need a few more days to work up leads on replacing that income.

Wow. I am sorry to hear this. I hope your boss means what he says and will work with you on this. I have a new boss and he says those catch phrases, so not sure where he stands yet. Good luck.

Wow that's a bummer. I'll be praying that things work out after you talk with your boss about it.

Flying to Arkansas for a meeting tomorrow and back on Thursday. The rant isn't about Arkansas even. :lmao: Just the aggravation of flying and two days of meetings. I'll spend more time traveling to and from the airport and waiting in the airports than I will in the air! All meetings should take place standing up as well. It would cut down on unnecessary meetings.

update on my previous rant:

emailed boss and inquired about how the new developments would impact me. His reply was more of the same boss-speak I've become accustomed to from him. But the proof is in the putting, and he finally made his offers to me for december. I did get offered 3 "regular" days of work in addition to the holidays I already signed on for. That news, plus two added days for november means that we'll be able to at least pay most of the bills through the end of the year.

More importantly, I've completely stopped having any faith in this man and his words or promises. I'll take what he offers because I have to... for now. In the meantime, I'm looking for more work elsewhere. I'm even considering taking on some work outside my field at this point.

update on my previous rant:

emailed boss and inquired about how the new developments would impact me. His reply was more of the same boss-speak I've become accustomed to from him. But the proof is in the putting, and he finally made his offers to me for december. I did get offered 3 "regular" days of work in addition to the holidays I already signed on for. That news, plus two added days for november means that we'll be able to at least pay most of the bills through the end of the year.

More importantly, I've completely stopped having any faith in this man and his words or promises. I'll take what he offers because I have to... for now. In the meantime, I'm looking for more work elsewhere. I'm even considering taking on some work outside my field at this point.

Sorry to hear that, James. I hope you can find something to stay afloat past the end of the year.

Today's topic...Braces!!!

OK DS11 has some ortho problems. about 2 years ago he developed an extra tooth (an extra Lateral Incisor) Which caused some crowding in the front...so we had 1 tooth extracted...and a set of braces to correct the issue...problem is that he still had some "baby" teeth so wee knew this was a temporary fix.

Needless to say...we reached the Maximum on the dental for Ortho with that round...well Round 2 comes around...and as luck would have it...we are on the same insurance... so Braces Round 2 is all on us. :mad:

$4100 :headache:

So I guess what I want to rant about is...WHY do Dental plans have LIFETIME Maximums on Ortho??? I mean they get away with people like me who had no need for ortho when I was a kid...DS 16 had only 2 months of InvisAlign...but that was only like $500 (Yes the crooked teeth gene comes from my wife's side...her dad's from up north...Michigan...bunch of crooked tooth...extra toothed mutants. :rolleyes1...)

What good is dental insurance...if they don't pay for anything...Lifetime Maximum...PEANUT BUTTER!!!

Peanut Butterin Beverly!!!

Stupid Metlife...Calling the Red Baron I'm puttin' a hit out on Snoopy. :lmao:

Sorry Nate. Any Insurance is a shell game. We have had the problems with home insurance and don't get me started with health insurance. They have all these big buildings and salaries and how did they get them? Yea, our premiums and denying care.

Today's topic...Braces!!!

OK DS11 has some ortho problems. about 2 years ago he developed an extra tooth (an extra Lateral Incisor) Which caused some crowding in the front...so we had 1 tooth extracted...and a set of braces to correct the issue...problem is that he still had some "baby" teeth so wee knew this was a temporary fix.

Needless to say...we reached the Maximum on the dental for Ortho with that round...well Round 2 comes around...and as luck would have it...we are on the same insurance... so Braces Round 2 is all on us. :mad:

$4100 :headache:

So I guess what I want to rant about is...WHY do Dental plans have LIFETIME Maximums on Ortho??? I mean they get away with people like me who had no need for ortho when I was a kid...DS 16 had only 2 months of InvisAlign...but that was only like $500 (Yes the crooked teeth gene comes from my wife's side...her dad's from up north...Michigan...bunch of crooked tooth...extra toothed mutants. :rolleyes1...)

What good is dental insurance...if they don't pay for anything...Lifetime Maximum...PEANUT BUTTER!!!

Peanut Butterin Beverly!!!

Stupid Metlife...Calling the Red Baron I'm puttin' a hit out on Snoopy. :lmao:

Don't tax the job creators. Oops.
We don't need regulations. Oops.
Greed is the problem. Shoild we start on Occupy Nashville movement?

Lifetime maximum?? ugh. I better get out the magnifying glass and check the fine print on our insurance.

sorry to hear that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter