• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official DisDads Prayer and Praise Thread

Not sure what to say as I type this. I have been struggling the last few months. Due to old injuries and some new ones I have been in a lot of pain, severe pain. I have been getting injections in lower back which help some and now I injured my shoulder at work right after Thanksgiving. Workers Comp have been dragging their feet and I am waiting to see a Orthopedic Surgeon. As I read everyone's posts here on the Dis and on the face book site and seeing everyone having run with their friends and families I feel so inadequate. Really struggling right now and could use prayers for strength and peace.

Thanks for listing,
Kevin

Not sure what to say as I type this. I have been struggling the last few months. Due to old injuries and some new ones I have been in a lot of pain, severe pain. I have been getting injections in lower back which help some and now I injured my shoulder at work right after Thanksgiving. Workers Comp have been dragging their feet and I am waiting to see a Orthopedic Surgeon. As I read everyone's posts here on the Dis and on the face book site and seeing everyone having run with their friends and families I feel so inadequate. Really struggling right now and could use prayers for strength and peace.

Thanks for listing,
Kevin

Praying for your recovery Kevin.

Thanks for listing,
Kevin

Yeah, I know pain. Praying for speedy recovery and peace of mind Kevin!

Thanks for listing,
Kevin

Prayers for you Kevin. I'm there with you on injuries (arms, back, knee, foot), so I get it.

Thanks for listing,
Kevin

Prayers from me as well. I'm right there with you except for the WC and surgery part.

Thanks for listing,
Kevin
Positive thoughts, prayers and pixie dust sent your way - hang in there and no reason to feel down on yourself due to injuries.

Thanks for listing,
Kevin

Prayers for you to get better soon. Take care.

Thanks for listing,
Kevin

Praying for you Kevin. God bless.

Prayer request for my dad. He had a stroke Saturday night (during the UK game) and is in the hospital. He has recovered these past days, but still has major speech and mobility impairments. Even worse, the Drs still haven't found the source of the stroke and still have no plan.

Sorry to hear this Norm....praying for your Dad and hoping that his deficits improve more!

Prayer request for my dad. He had a stroke Saturday night (during the UK game) and is in the hospital. He has recovered these past days, but still has major speech and mobility impairments. Even worse, the Drs still haven't found the source of the stroke and still have no plan.

Sorry to hear this.
May he grow stronger and may it be more quickly.
And may the doctors experience that flash of brilliance their patent deserves.

Sorry to hear this Norm....praying for your Dad and hoping that his deficits improve more!

Praying for your Dad,Norm!

Sorry to hear this.
May he grow stronger and may it be more quickly.
And may the doctors experience that flash of brilliance their patent deserves.

Thanks guys. And, I'm not complaining about the care. We are at a hospital that specializes with stroke patients, and he is getting terrific care. They are testing his heart, Bp, cholesterol, etc. One of the potential source is that a vessel just may be old,collapsed, constricted, or whatever the Dr smart word they used but I can't remember. I don't want them to give up, but I just want to know the future plan of care.

Thanks guys. And, I'm not complaining about the care. We are at a hospital that specializes with stroke patients, and he is getting terrific care. They are testing his heart, Bp, cholesterol, etc. One of the potential source is that a vessel just may be old,collapsed, constricted, or whatever the Dr smart word they used but I can't remember. I don't want them to give up, but I just want to know the future plan of care.

Prayers for your Dad and family Norm. Hope they figure things out sooner rather than later.

Sorry to hear Norm. Hope they find the source quickly.

Prayers for your Dad and family Norm. Hope they figure things out sooner rather than later.

Prayers for your dad and your family as well Norm. God bless.

Thanks guys. He has been released home, but no one knows the cause.

It has been a confusing week and I'm still not sure which day it is. The good news is that my dad is now home. He made enough progress in his speech and is strong enough to use a walker to get up by himself and go to the bathroom. The bad news is that he has the type of dementia from the stroke where he can't get his hand to do what it is supposed to. So, feeding himself, holding the phone, and brushing his teeth are a challenge. Of course, he could just use his other hand, but that brings me to the worse news.

I'm not sure if it is just obstinance or what, but he and my mom refused both medications and procedures from the staff. My mom watches Dr. Oz or talks to a friend and then gets her medical wisdom on which procedures to use. And, my dad just goes along with her. One of the doctors wanted to give him a statin for cholesterol, but my mom used her ex-ray vision and determined 20 years ago that all statins caused muscle atrophy in my dad after his by-pass. They also had decided to halve his blood pressure medication because it was more effective at half a dose.

I think this expedited their release from the hospital, but I may be wrong. They have been set up with home health & different therapies, but I'm wondering if they will just end up refusing care. Rant over. Thanks for reading and thanks for your prayers.

Continued prayers that things improve for your dad and that your parents will find someone that they will listen to concerning his treatment and medications. Taking care of parents is harder than raising kids some days.

It has been a confusing week and I'm still not sure which day it is. The good news is that my dad is now home. He made enough progress in his speech and is strong enough to use a walker to get up by himself and go to the bathroom. The bad news is that he has the type of dementia from the stroke where he can't get his hand to do what it is supposed to. So, feeding himself, holding the phone, and brushing his teeth are a challenge. Of course, he could just use his other hand, but that brings me to the worse news.

I'm not sure if it is just obstinance or what, but he and my mom refused both medications and procedures from the staff. My mom watches Dr. Oz or talks to a friend and then gets her medical wisdom on which procedures to use. And, my dad just goes along with her. One of the doctors wanted to give him a statin for cholesterol, but my mom used her ex-ray vision and determined 20 years ago that all statins caused muscle atrophy in my dad after his by-pass. They also had decided to halve his blood pressure medication because it was more effective at half a dose.

I think this expedited their release from the hospital, but I may be wrong. They have been set up with home health & different therapies, but I'm wondering if they will just end up refusing care. Rant over. Thanks for reading and thanks for your prayers.

Continued prayers. Take care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter