~*~*~*~*The Official DECEMBER 2015 Thread*~*~*~*~

My son will be turning five the week of our trip on December 2. SO I'm trying to decide if we should travel the first or the second of December? If we travel on the second I will make it a surprise when we get to the airport. But the arrival day is so busy I, I kinda want to be at MK for his birthday. As I write this I think I like arriving on the first. Waking up at Disney on his birthday, character meal, his favorite rides, fireworks to end the night. What Would You Do? I'll also take any ideas for birthday fun.
I second the idea of waking up in Disney ON his bday. My kids are always so wiped out on our travel days, I try to keep arrival day very low key. If you are able to secure a pre-rope drop ADR at Crystal Palace, you will be able to get some great pics of the birthday boy in an empty park. Also, if you tell them it's his birthday when you make your reservation, they will have confetti on the table and a signed birthday card from Pooh and friends. If he's more of a Fab 5 guy, Chef Mickey at the Contemporary is just a quick walk or monorail ride from the MK and would be another great meal option.

If your son is into pirates, The Pirates League at MK is great fun - he'll get a pirate makeover and a new pirate name, plus photos and a bit of "treasure" when he's done. They also do a pirate parade later in the day for all kids who received makeovers earlier that day. We scheduled our appointment right after breakfast so the kids could be pirates all day long. :)

To end the day, the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise is amazing. You get snacks and a meet and greet with Captain Hook and Mr Smee, then board a small boat for a private viewing of Wishes from the lagoon. And there's a special guest waiting for you when you return to the dock as well (Peter Pan). The boat leaves from the Contemporary about an hour and a half before the start of Wishes.

If you prefer to be in the park for the fireworks, the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party would be another great option....you get desserts and reserved viewing for Wishes. The view is slightly off center, but there's something to be said about not having to fight for a spot on Main Street. Plus, Tink flies right over your head here!!

Reservations for all of these are highly recommended and can be made 180 days in advance. Have fun whatever you decide to do to celebrate!!!

I second the idea of waking up in Disney ON his bday. My kids are always so wiped out on our travel days, I try to keep arrival day very low key. If you are able to secure a pre-rope drop ADR at Crystal Palace, you will be able to get some great pics of the birthday boy in an empty park. Also, if you tell them it's his birthday when you make your reservation, they will have confetti on the table and a signed birthday card from Pooh and friends. If he's more of a Fab 5 guy, Chef Mickey at the Contemporary is just a quick walk or monorail ride from the MK and would be another great meal option.

If your son is into pirates, The Pirates League at MK is great fun - he'll get a pirate makeover and a new pirate name, plus photos and a bit of "treasure" when he's done. They also do a pirate parade later in the day for all kids who received makeovers earlier that day. We scheduled our appointment right after breakfast so the kids could be pirates all day long. :)

To end the day, the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise is amazing. You get snacks and a meet and greet with Captain Hook and Mr Smee, then board a small boat for a private viewing of Wishes from the lagoon. And there's a special guest waiting for you when you return to the dock as well (Peter Pan). The boat leaves from the Contemporary about an hour and a half before the start of Wishes.

If you prefer to be in the park for the fireworks, the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party would be another great option....you get desserts and reserved viewing for Wishes. The view is slightly off center, but there's something to be said about not having to fight for a spot on Main Street. Plus, Tink flies right over your head here!!

Reservations for all of these are highly recommended and can be made 180 days in advance. Have fun whatever you decide to do to celebrate!!!

Thank you fro reminding me about the pirates league, I have two boys and by the time this trip rolls around they will both be old enough for all the pirate fun Disney has to offer, as you can tell from my user name we are a pirate family pirate:

We have experienced the fire works from the Tomorrowland terrace view and I have to be honest yes it was convenient not being down on main street but it was not my favorite view of the fire works. Seeing Tink fly right over you was fun.

So much to plan out, so much to work out!!

Please add us! December 13-20 Boardwalk Villas.

We are in for December 2015! Our kids asked us a couple of weeks ago if we can go to Disney next year for Christmas. We warned them that it will mean a very very very light year under the tree but they seemed to get it and said let's do it! We were initially thinking mod level but my parents have decided to come with us for the first part of the trip so we decided to add Universal to see Harry Potter World. We went last November for the first time and fell in love with the whole place so we are super excited!

We are already booked -- 12/12 and 12/13 at Universal and then moving to Disney on 12/14. Staying at POP and checking out 12/20. My DD will turn 11 on the 19th and we were originally going to check out that day but who wants to leave Disney on their birthday! LOL!

Hoping free dining or the stay and play discount come out but going either way!

This is exactly what we are doing too: staying at Cabana beach resort 12/12, spending 12/13 at both universal parks! So excited.

Please add us to the list for probable dates of Dec 13th-18th at an undecided resort. I usually book 500 days out, so this will be a "short" planning period. :rotfl:

Thanks! :)
Hooray! I have you added to the Roll Call now!!! Let me know when you're ready for me to update it with your resort! :goodvibes

We are excited to announce that we have finally decided on our dates for 2015!!! :dance3: November 28th - December 5th! We are traveling with a large group - my family (minus DD15), my parents and my sister with her 3 DDs for a total of 10 people. Oh, plus my sister's dog, :dogdance: so that means we have to stay off property. We will also be celebrating my now DD8's 9th birthday :dumbo: on the 29th as well as my DS1 first ever visit! :simba:

2014 has been full of medical issues for our family, which we hope are now behind us pixiedust: and we are sooo looking forward to this vacation!
Congratulations, and welcome to the thread! :cutie:

We'll be there December 13-18, Resort still undecided!
Grats! Let me know when you decide, I'll update the Roll Call! :thumbsup2

Please add us! December 13-20 Boardwalk Villas.
Done and done! Welcome to the December 2015 planning party! :banana:

I hope I don't get in trouble for this, please delete if its not allowed.
I read a rumor (one source, not confirmed) that the new frozen ride in epcot would have soft openings in December. Anyone else hear this? I sure hope it's true!

I read a rumor (one source, not confirmed) that the new frozen ride in epcot would have soft openings in December. Anyone else hear this? I sure hope it's true!

I have not heard any thing but it would be nice to experience it so soon.

If it's about December 2015, it's totally allowed! :thumbsup2

Maaaaaan, I hadn't heard that! But how COOL would that be if it ends up being true? I would so totally love to check it out! After my Dec 2015 trip, I won't be able to get back to WDW until late October 2017. By then, the Frozen ride will be old news! It would be great to catch it in soft opening next year, if our wish comes true! :goodvibes

My youngest is a HUGE Anna & Elsa / Frozen fan!!! :banana:

She would LOVE it! :love:

Us too! Booked for the 28th-3rd at the POP, but I think I may look at Art of Animation.

This is my first time in December and my first time for New Years.

I will definitely need your advice on what is a must see!

Its me, DH (34) and my DD (will be 7) and DS (will be 3, almost 4)

They're going to freak when we surprise them on Christmas Day!

Actually booked on New Years Eve! I felt like it just wasn't exciting enough! We watched the MK life feed for the fireworks!! EEK!!!!!!

Us too! Booked for the 28th-3rd at the POP, but I think I may look at Art of Animation.

This is my first time in December and my first time for New Years.

I will definitely need your advice on what is a must see!

Its me, DH (34) and my DD (will be 7) and DS (will be 3, almost 4)

They're going to freak when we surprise them on Christmas Day!
What a fun surprise! Got you added to the Roll Call! :thumbsup2

We had a slight change in plans but it worked out! Originally had Dec 13-22 and due to work commitments we've moved to Dec 3-12 which ended up also saving us some money (woot!). Still at BC and excited to start counting down!

We had a slight change in plans but it worked out! Originally had Dec 13-22 and due to work commitments we've moved to Dec 3-12 which ended up also saving us some money (woot!). Still at BC and excited to start counting down!
It'll be less crowded then, too! :thumbsup2

I am a little sad that the hat will be removed soon. I LOVE Sorceror Mickey and the Hat was one of my favorite Icons. :wizard:

Booked and received confirmation number - soooo excited!

It will be me, DH (his first trip), and our two kids, who will be ages 6 and 4. It will be DD's 4th birthday during the trip, actually, and will be both kids first tirps :-).

November 30 - Dec 7th at the Polynesian!

Anyone else planning a trip to the American Girl store?

We are...

Do they have special Disney stuff at that one?!

My first instinct is YES! we will have to work that in. But AG and Disney all in the same Christmas season? I don't think my wallet could handle it. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter