• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~*~*~*~*The Official DECEMBER 2015 Thread*~*~*~*~

In preparation for making ADRs for our first park day, November 29th, I was also thinking about arranging for a cake at our dinner, it's my DD's 9th birthday :bday:. Hopefully at BOG but back up is WCC. Has anyone used one of the cake services before?:cake: Any reviews or pictures? Is there a website that I can check out their cakes? TIA!
Have you looked through the Cake Chatter thread yet? There are tons of pictures, pricing and reviews there.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/official-disney-cake-chatter-part-iv.3261922/page-105

Is anyone planning to decorate their window with Christmas/Holiday stuff. I was thinking of using window clings since they won't (hopefully) damage or leave any marks behind. Anyone used window clings at their room?
In my office we use window clings all the time, and I've never had one leave any kind of marks or residue. :thumbsup2

In preparation for making ADRs for our first park day, November 29th, I was also thinking about arranging for a cake at our dinner, it's my DD's 9th birthday :bday:. Hopefully at BOG but back up is WCC. Has anyone used one of the cake services before?:cake: Any reviews or pictures? Is there a website that I can check out their cakes? TIA!

Yes definitely check out the cake chatter thread that OP posted, it is awesome for info, especially the first post. I ordered a cake for my mom on our last trip and it was sooooo delicious! Had it delivered to chef mickeys for our dinner so it came from the contemporary bakery. I plan on ordering from them again for our next trip. I want to say it about $65 for this particular cake, but you can get all different sizes and prices. the inside was filled with chocolate mousse. You can't quite see it except for the heal but that is a white chocolate Cinderella's slipper filled with raspberry mouse and surrounded by red roses on top of the cake. I'm salivating now just looking at this picture of it................
IMG_3928.JPG

WDWAugust2009297.jpg

here is the cake I'm planning on getting my dd for her bday next trip, this was on the cake thread from another poster.

That's good to know! I haven't decorated my house windows in years, but I might do a trial run before our trip. haha

I had one leave a mark on a piece of furniture before, it was a white dresser. So be careful where you set them down. I've never seen one leave a mark or residue on a window though. They also make window markers for kids and those work great and come off easily, you could write a message with those. I've also seen people decorate windows with suction cups and Christmas lights, you can get the battery operated lights if you aren't sure where the nearest plug will be.

I had one leave a mark on a piece of furniture before, it was a white dresser. So be careful where you set them down. I've never seen one leave a mark or residue on a window though. They also make window markers for kids and those work great and come off easily, you could write a message with those. I've also seen people decorate windows with suction cups and Christmas lights, you can get the battery operated lights if you aren't sure where the nearest plug will be.
Thanks!

Is anyone planning to decorate their window with Christmas/Holiday stuff. I was thinking of using window clings since they won't (hopefully) damage or leave any marks behind. Anyone used window clings at their room?

I did find a sheet of window clings at a dollar store that was going out of business a month or so back. Other than that, I might keep my eyes open for a string of battery-powered lights and command hooks or something, but I don't intend to go overboard.

I did find a sheet of window clings at a dollar store that was going out of business a month or so back. Other than that, I might keep my eyes open for a string of battery-powered lights and command hooks or something, but I don't intend to go overboard.
Yeah I don't plan on anything too elebrate. Just a couple of window clings and maybe some tinsel garlands. I need space in my suitcase for souvenirs. :earboy2:

Have you looked through the Cake Chatter thread yet? There are tons of pictures, pricing and reviews there.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/official-disney-cake-chatter-part-iv.3261922/page-105

Yes definitely check out the cake chatter thread that OP posted, it is awesome for info, especially the first post. I ordered a cake for my mom on our last trip and it was sooooo delicious! Had it delivered to chef mickeys for our dinner so it came from the contemporary bakery. I plan on ordering from them again for our next trip. I want to say it about $65 for this particular cake, but you can get all different sizes and prices. the inside was filled with chocolate mousse. You can't quite see it except for the heal but that is a white chocolate Cinderella's slipper filled with raspberry mouse and surrounded by red roses on top of the cake. I'm salivating now just looking at this picture of it................
View attachment 100523

View attachment 100527

here is the cake I'm planning on getting my dd for her bday next trip, this was on the cake thread from another poster.

Thank you very much I will check that thread out! Those cakes look so yummy!

just in case your looking for flights,southwest is having a 72 hour sale DH found 83 one way wooohoo. cheaper than what we paid in April. American is also having a sale.Things are falling into place.

I have seen people use those commando hooks to decorate. I think there is a thread all about that subject.

Gosh darn Southwest Airlines....... thanks for having the sale ending on the 16th!!! Now, I'm leaving for WDW two days earlier than expected and now need to decide if I shave the two days off the end or just say "GO FOR IT"----------

Gosh darn Southwest Airlines....... thanks for having the sale ending on the 16th!!! Now, I'm leaving for WDW two days earlier than expected and now need to decide if I shave the two days off the end or just say "GO FOR IT"----------

Well, now, really, lol, you must know that we'll say GO FOR IT!! Look at that pixie dust just handed to you - great low sale fare and two extra vacation days! i think you should suck it up and just GO FOR IT!! I mean, when it"s handed to you like that, how can you not?! Its saying Merry Christmas and have a great trip! :goodvibes :santa:

Can you add us to the roll call? We're a family of 5 staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort December 15-22. Can't wait!! Thanks!
Amanda

I got 3 out of 6 ADRs I wanted. I'm really happy I was able to book my birthday lunch and dinner, but I still need BOG before MVMCP.

I just booked our trip at Coronado Springs Resort business class - a moderate's version of concierge level! My DH and 2 DDs and I will be there Dec 29 to Jan 6. Then they fly home and I will stay 1 night BY MYSELF (very excited about this for some reason!) and then my niece joins me Jan 7 for 3 nights at Pop Century and we will be running in the Disney Half Marathon EARLY Saturday morning! I turn 50 a week before we arrive and my niece turns 40 in October. Our first Disney Half Marathon and my family's 4th trip together. 5th for my youngest DD - we went with her dance school one extra time. And I went twice in the 70's. I'm a little nervous about the crowds between Christmas and New Years BUT since we've been several times, I think we can handle it. I'm an "expert" at making touring plans to get us in at rope drop and riding all the "required" rides.

Can't wait to read about everyone's plans. Who knows! I may venture out and make my first Pre-trip report! :)

we have changed resorts we are now booked at yacht club can you please update for us thank you!

My family and I will be visiting Disney Dec 6-12, originally we had booked the Boardwalk, but have since changed to the Beach Club, please make the change in the roll call.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter