~*~*~*~*The Official DECEMBER 2015 Thread*~*~*~*~

Now I want to do the Christmas party.......:/
I thought long and hard about doing the Christmas party and ended up deciding against it.

From what I understand, everything they do during the party is available for free during the day at some point (except maybe the "free" cookies and hot chocolate). It basically sounded like the only bonus was lower crowd levels. I'm already going during a "lower" crowd level time, and couldn't justify the extra expense.

On top of that, I'm not certain DD will be able to hack a late night, enough to make it worth the extra admission cost, and I couldn't really fit it in with the dining plans I had.

Now, if we ever go during halloween time, MNSSHP would be a lot harder to turn down. :)

I thought long and hard about doing the Christmas party and ended up deciding against it.

From what I understand, everything they do during the party is available for free during the day at some point (except maybe the "free" cookies and hot chocolate). It basically sounded like the only bonus was lower crowd levels. I'm already going during a "lower" crowd level time, and couldn't justify the extra expense.

On top of that, I'm not certain DD will be able to hack a late night, enough to make it worth the extra admission cost, and I couldn't really fit it in with the dining plans I had.

Now, if we ever go during halloween time, MNSSHP would be a lot harder to turn down. :)
There are also quite a few special characters out on party nights, that you can't meet during regular park hours. Didn't know if that appeals to your family or helps to justify the cost, but the characters were our main priority at MNSSHP last year and they were some of the best M&Gs we've ever had! Lower crowds were nice, too, but we tried not to use up too much party time doing things we could do during the day. However, if Hallowishes and the Boo to You parade were available during "normal" hours during the week of Hallowen or something, it would definitely be more difficult to justify the extra cost of the party.

It's the chAracters that have me. Jack is a must and I hope beyond belief that we can see him! And the dwarfs. And the fake snow on Main Street. And.... I'm sold on the whole thing.

It's the chAracters that have me. Jack is a must and I hope beyond belief that we can see him! And the dwarfs. And the fake snow on Main Street. And.... I'm sold on the whole thing.
True, characters aren't that big of a draw for me, so if that were a priority, it definitely changes the "value" of the party. :)

December 6-12, AoA!

We went this past December and my DD (will be 3 in March) literally could not handle the joy. Best week of my life. I can't wait for this year's trip!

We are checking in on the possibly the last night. the 18th. Hmmm
We did MNSSHP on our arrival day last year and loved it! A great way to jump start our trip without wasting a park ticket on a half day. Plus, you can enter MK at 4 pm with your party ticket and ride a few rides or grab dinner before the party officially starts. Just expect that this party will be a sell-out.

We enjoyed starting the Disney leg of our November trip this last year with the Christmas party - good way to sneak in another park day, but we also qualified to get military discounted tickets for the party, so that helped justify the cost, an couldn't add a day to our military salute tickets either. FWIW, we liked the party and the parade, but not sure it was that exciting... but I will say that that xmas parade at night is different than during the day - it takes the place of the afternoon parade during christmas week, not the nighttime parade.

Just booked Dec 3-8 at the Poly! It's our first stay there and our first December trip since spending Christmas there in 2011. Now for the agonizing 9 month wait!

We're heading down Dec 19th to the 30th. It will be me, dh, and 2 dd. One of our girls will be turning 3, and the other will be a tad bit under 1. We will be staying at CBR, which is my fav. Mod.

Not looking forward to the incredibly busy crowds but since my husband is a teacher no way around it. I will have to look up tips on beating crowds.

We did MNSSHP on our arrival day last year and loved it! A great way to jump start our trip without wasting a park ticket on a half day. Plus, you can enter MK at 4 pm with your party ticket and ride a few rides or grab dinner before the party officially starts. Just expect that this party will be a sell-out.

That is what I am afraid of . :/

That is what I am afraid of . :/
Don't be. We did 2 sold out parties last year, and the only place we noticed a crowd was on Main Street around parade/fireworks time. Otherwise, the park seemed empty. We had very little waits for the rides, and met most special characters with under a 30 minute wait. Remember that even a sold out party is far less attendance than a regular, crowded day.

DH & I just booked AOA Little Mermaid room for December 5-12!! My Ariel LOVING daughter is going to go bananas!! :banana: DH said that he knows how sad I am without a countdown and now we have one again!!!! :lovestruc We've been the first week of December before and love it!!! I absolutely can't wait!!! Will be following this thread closely!!

DH & I just booked AOA Little Mermaid room for December 5-12!! My Ariel LOVING daughter is going to go bananas!! :banana: DH said that he knows how sad I am without a countdown and now we have one again!!!! :lovestruc We've been the first week of December before and love it!!! I absolutely can't wait!!! Will be following this thread closely!!

:welcome:

I hear everyone loud and clear on the long countdown...we never plan a trip this far out, and I can't believe I am actually excited about dropping down to under 300 days!

289 to go for me!
It's frustrating to have to wait until at least May to "really" firm things up, though. IF everything works as it did last year, they'll announce free dining in very early May, I'll adjust my booking as needed, and then when Southwest releases it's schedule on May 14, I can hop to it and book our flights. Keeping my fingers crossed that all of it works out smoooooooothly. :)

Anyone have a good idea when we should expect news on special offers from disney for December?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter