• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The OFFICIAL December 2014 - Christmas Magic

I'm sure the camping there would be better than your run of the mill campground, Disney has a way of doing everything right. :thumbsup2

I paid $400.00 to fly LAX to MCO, which is actually fairly reasonable. I paid $1,200.00 last March to fly to Kauai! And it's the same distance as MCO! :furious:

Well it sounds like everything will work out for your family. I'm glad cause in my opinion there is no better place to spend Christmas than WDW! :santa:

I'm sure the camping there would be better than your run of the mill campground, Disney has a way of doing everything right. :thumbsup2

I paid $400.00 to fly LAX to MCO, which is actually fairly reasonable. I paid $1,200.00 last March to fly to Kauai! And it's the same distance as MCO! :furious:

Well it sounds like everything will work out for your family. I'm glad cause in my opinion there is no better place to spend Christmas than WDW! :santa:

Who are you flying with and is that $400 one way or round trip? I'm always looking for the best prices. I paid $436 round trip pp from Long Beach (LGB) to MCO on JetBlue and I thought I had gotten an excellent deal since I just happened (without knowing) to book it the day they extended their schedule to include December. I just checked and those same flights are $800 rt pp. :scared1:

Who are you flying with and is that $400 one way or round trip? I'm always looking for the best prices. I paid $436 round trip pp from Long Beach (LGB) to MCO on JetBlue and I thought I had gotten an excellent deal since I just happened (without knowing) to book it the day they extended their schedule to include December. I just checked and those same flights are $800 rt pp. :scared1:

I'm flying Virgin America. I just checked and United is showing $408.00 rt, LAX - MCO. Perhaps it's due to my travel dates, 12/05 - 12/14, I don't know. :confused3

Going Dec. 13-19 and was looking at the park hours.....is it just me or do the parks seem to close earlier during these dates then normal? We always go in the summer time when MK is sometimes open until 1am and I see nothing like that during our dates. Also, we got tickets for MVMCP and I was curious about the times for that, cant seem to find a start and end time....must be looking in the wrong places lol.

Going Dec. 13-19 and was looking at the park hours.....is it just me or do the parks seem to close earlier during these dates then normal? We always go in the summer time when MK is sometimes open until 1am and I see nothing like that during our dates. Also, we got tickets for MVMCP and I was curious about the times for that, cant seem to find a start and end time....must be looking in the wrong places lol.

They might add to the hours towards the end of your trip. Park hours are short in early December though, because it's less crowded than summer. Generally, the more crowded the parks, the longer the hours. I don't think December gets really crowded until the weekend before Christmas, after schools let out for holiday break.

MVMCP is from 7:00-midnight but you can get in at 4:00 using your park ticket.

We are insane, but just booked Dec. 23-29 at the All Star Sports. Christmas at Disney World? I don't know what I'm thinking...at least we've been enough times that we don't mind just taking it easy, lol.

We are insane, but just booked Dec. 23-29 at the All Star Sports. Christmas at Disney World? I don't know what I'm thinking...at least we've been enough times that we don't mind just taking it easy, lol.

Well you have the right attitude! :goodvibes

That sounds amazing!! I would love to do a WDW trip over Christmas. I finally had the magic of a white Christmas at home in North Texas and would love to be at WDW on Christmas Day.

They might add to the hours towards the end of your trip. Park hours are short in early December though, because it's less crowded than summer. Generally, the more crowded the parks, the longer the hours. I don't think December gets really crowded until the weekend before Christmas, after schools let out for holiday break.

MVMCP is from 7:00-midnight but you can get in at 4:00 using your park ticket.

Thanks!!!! Also, can anyone tell me how I should pack? I know it's Florida but I figure it will still probably be too cool for shorts. I guess I just need to keep watching the weather to see what things look like the closer it gets to December....

Thanks!!!! Also, can anyone tell me how I should pack? I know it's Florida but I figure it will still probably be too cool for shorts. I guess I just need to keep watching the weather to see what things look like the closer it gets to December....

Your best bet, hold off on packing until you are in range of the 10 day forecast.

When we went down in Dec 2010, we were in sweatshirts. But then, when we went down in Dec 2012, I had to pack extra t-shirts cuz I was sweating through them. Granted, I'm from MA and according to your avatar, you're from TX, so our adaptability to climates may be different. Which brings me back to, wait until the 10 day forecast.

Definitely wait until there is a forecast, December can be almost anything! In 2008, we were there right before Christmas - one day at SeaWorld we were all freezing and bundled up in pants and sweatshirts, the very next day at MK we were sweating in tanks.

I general, it tends to be pleasant during the day and cooler at night... But lots of room for variation depending on the particular fronts moving through at the time.

:banana: Last week I booked a magical trip to Disney for my family of 7 for All Star Sports from Dec. 21-26th! This is the the first trip the kids will see the Christmas decorations and first time dh and I will have ever gone on Christmas day or week. We are so excited!

So I had booked a Wishes dessert party for our 2nd night of our trip.....except I made a boo boo and did not check the dates for MVMCP and the night I booked is a party night, which means we cant use our wishes dessert party tickets becasue we do not have tickets for MVMCP until our last night of the trip (and I really want to go to MVMCP the last night of our trip so switfching party nights will not work). Every other night of our trip is sold out of Wishes dessert party tickets. The entire reason for the wishes tickets was to suprise my Mom and Sister as their Christmas gift. I now need a new idea for their gift instead of a Wishes dessert party. I really want to entire family to be able to participate (adults and we have a 4 year old). Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

So I had booked a Wishes dessert party for our 2nd night of our trip.....except I made a boo boo and did not check the dates for MVMCP and the night I booked is a party night, which means we cant use our wishes dessert party tickets becasue we do not have tickets for MVMCP until our last night of the trip (and I really want to go to MVMCP the last night of our trip so switfching party nights will not work). Every other night of our trip is sold out of Wishes dessert party tickets. The entire reason for the wishes tickets was to suprise my Mom and Sister as their Christmas gift. I now need a new idea for their gift instead of a Wishes dessert party. I really want to entire family to be able to participate (adults and we have a 4 year old). Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

How about the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ssert-party-celebrates-sweet-tastes-at-epcot/

Wooohoo! We just booked for December 21-28th! First time going to WDW over Christmas. I'm excited and scared at the same time. :)
I'm just keeping my awareness that it's going to be super crowded and just plan to enjoy the holiday spirit and festivities, rather than try to ride every attraction.

Can't wait!

Wooohoo! We just booked for December 21-28th! First time going to WDW over Christmas. I'm excited and scared at the same time. :) I'm just keeping my awareness that it's going to be super crowded and just plan to enjoy the holiday spirit and festivities, rather than try to ride every attraction. Can't wait!

Welcome! I'm going the 20-26. Where are you staying? This is our second trip at Christmas, so much fun!

Happy to find this group! I am a total newbie to the boards but not Disney! We are taking my 4 year old for her 2nd visit to the Kingdom Dec 12-18th! It's been quite awhile since I've been at Christmas and I am especially looking forward to seeing her experience all of the lights and decorations! We're staying CBR due to her love if Pirates, anyone else????

We will be going for a 2-day mini stay at the beginning of Dec. I wanted to go close to Christmas but hopefully when it will be less crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter