• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The OFFICIAL December 2014 - Christmas Magic

I know which park we'll be at, we're 60 days out, and it won't let me make any FP+ selections beyond 30 days from now. What I think is that even though I am always a big planner, this FP+ is making this "vacation" seem like a lot of work and stress. I started trying to get BOG at 180 days but we'll only be there 4 days this time and I couldn't get any. Now I can't even get FP to work. This the first Disney World trip I have ever been stressed about, and it's our 20th trip. I absolutely hate this FP+ baloney.

Sorry for your troubles, I feel for you. Hope they get this smoothed out quickly. :badpc:

Sorry for your troubles, I feel for you. Hope they get this smoothed out quickly. :badpc:

It finally started working an hour later...did some searching here on the boards and apparently it happens every night, then clears up. I really hope they get all the glitches out soon. I can't even imagine being a first timer and trying to figure all this out! But I did get my evening Soarin' FP, I needed a later one since we don't get in until afternoon, and I was pretty sure stand by times would be really long by the time we finally get to Epcot. :thumbsup2

It finally started working an hour later...did some searching here on the boards and apparently it happens every night, then clears up. I really hope they get all the glitches out soon. I can't even imagine being a first timer and trying to figure all this out! But I did get my evening Soarin' FP, I needed a later one since we don't get in until afternoon, and I was pretty sure stand by times would be really long by the time we finally get to Epcot. :thumbsup2

Yeah....I have a friend who is planning on going next week. It was a last minute decision, and she hasn't been in over 10 years. I told her she could come over this week and I could give her some tips, but I don't think they have their tickets yet, so they'll probably be stuck getting FP+ the day of. Not a big deal in most cases, because she's pregnant and they're taking their 3 year old who can't ride a lot either, but they'll probably miss out on the mine train.

Spent a little more than 30 minutes on line at 6 am and made ADRs for nine days Dec 20-29. Got everything we wanted within 15 minutes of the times we planned. That included several BoG times to choose from and no issues on 12/25 either. Now just have to wait for CP to open for one more reservation!

Spent a little more than 30 minutes on line at 6 am and made ADRs for nine days Dec 20-29. Got everything we wanted within 15 minutes of the times we planned. That included several BoG times to choose from and no issues on 12/25 either. Now just have to wait for CP to open for one more reservation!

Ican only hope it goes that smooth for me. I have always booked but never really got as particular as I have this time. Kids are getting older and not wanting the whole Disney experience as often as they did in the past-so Iknow this will be one of the last all out trips. I sat down again this morning and have it all planned out we have 3 nights of free DDP(4 days) so hoping to get the most $ reservations first and then oop the cheaper ones(I don't like to use my credits on pizza. as much as I would love a dinner BOG, it isn't a must-now lunch there is! Kids have all expressed what to get and we are down to Chef Mickey(DDP), Garden Grill(DDP), ?(DDP), Via Napoli(oop), 50's Primetime(oop) QSat dtd on the last day-unless I add a day to our passes-I still may do that:) so with the one day questionable-we are thinking Coral Reef or BOG(dinner if possible) or Sci Fi. any recommendations would be great.

I may be wrong, but I think Via Napoli is super expensive. I haven't eaten there so I can't speak from personal experience. But, that might be one of the places you want to eat on the DDP.

I may be wrong, but I think Via Napoli is super expensive. I haven't eaten there so I can't speak from personal experience. But, that might be one of the places you want to eat on the DDP.

we usually order a pizza @$38 and maybe on appetizer, I think we usually walk out of there spending @$100. we are not big soda drinkers and tend to drink water so that is a savings there-and when using our credits, they usually get milk.

Just tagging on the end here! Hiya :D

We arrive Nov 30th and will be staying 19 nights. 5 at the YC and the other 14 in a villa. Just my hubby and I!

Xx

it took less than 10 mins. I wrote up a post in my PTR, but here is the outcome:

Teppan Edo, 1900 Park Fare (bfast), Biergarten, Wave, BOG and Tusker House.

I also scored a wishes dessert party (they opened today) and my youngest DDs BBB appointment in MK:cool1:

Just waiting on the candelight processional package now...:surfweb:

I hate to say it, but unless you arrange special as in paid viewing you need to find a spot and sit there for 60 - 90 min in advance. It may not be super crowded on Nov 7th, but I would still hold my spot at least 1 hour in advance. Talk to a few CM's to find out where is a good place to view. Love fireworks! pixiedust:

Thank you! Good to know and waiting for 90 minutes is fine with me as long as I'm planning that out. Thanks again!;)

Ican only hope it goes that smooth for me. I have always booked but never really got as particular as I have this time. Kids are getting older and not wanting the whole Disney experience as often as they did in the past-so Iknow this will be one of the last all out trips. I sat down again this morning and have it all planned out we have 3 nights of free DDP(4 days) so hoping to get the most $ reservations first and then oop the cheaper ones(I don't like to use my credits on pizza. as much as I would love a dinner BOG, it isn't a must-now lunch there is! Kids have all expressed what to get and we are down to Chef Mickey(DDP), Garden Grill(DDP), ?(DDP), Via Napoli(oop), 50's Primetime(oop) QSat dtd on the last day-unless I add a day to our passes-I still may do that:) so with the one day questionable-we are thinking Coral Reef or BOG(dinner if possible) or Sci Fi. any recommendations would be great.

How about Kona, I've read quite a few very positive reviews. :stir:

I'd probably go for the BOG ADR just to see if I could get it. It wins for the experience. I didn't love the food at any of the 3 places you're considering. Then my second choice would be Sci Fi. I think people who actually eat burgers like the food well enough, and the experience is fun, especially if you haven't done it before. It's the only place we've eaten at twice, because DH loves it.
Coral Reef didn't thrill me food-wise or atmosphere. I can eat next to a fish tank in a lot of places. Obviously, Disney's is bigger, but we didn't get seated close enough to really experience it. It wouldn't be anywhere near my first choice at Epcot anymore.

Cost-wise, I think they're probably all about equal. BOG may be a bit more expensive and Sci Fi a little less.

It can be, but I think using the dining plan actually inflates the cost quite a bit, because everyone ends up getting their own pizza rather than getting one to share, and maybe an appetizer to flesh it out a bit. If you go in planning to order something other than pizza, then it's a better value on the dining plan.

What is the Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom Game and how do I get the cards?

Thank you all for the kind welcome - and a big thanks for the great tip about the EPCOT Storytellers! Even MORE excited to see everything!

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is a game, similar to Magic the Gathering, whereby you use cards to play a game inside the MK to defeat villains. It was first implemented in 2012, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not so good with explaining, so here are some links to help:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/sorcerers/

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Sorcerers_of_the_Magic_Kingdom

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/articles/basics-sorcerers-magic-kingdom

http://sotmkblog.com/

We tried it for free when we were at WDW in 2012 and were immediately hooked. You can get free cards from either the main street firehouse or a location in Adventureland, and you can buy booster packs in the Emporium on Main Street. They hand out special cards if you attend the MNSSHP or MVMCP.

Or...you can be a dork like me and buy what you don't have on ebay and not tell your hubby how much you spent! LOL

People do a lot of card trading and there's a pretty good internet community willing to share strategies, etc. There's even stuff on the DIS boards about it! ;)

It's a great game, and something we enjoy very much. Heck, we're spending an additional day in MK just to play this game. If you just wanna try it, you can do it for free, so no risk. Just make sure you pop by the firehouse when you get to the MK and pick up your packet of cards. Follow the map and enjoy!

I just booked a 12/24 CP ADR with a printed confirmation that says
Holidays Around the World Candlelight Processional!!!!
On 12/21 and 12/24. Only two restaurants show availability-- Teppon Edo
And San Angelo. Had not read or heard anything about ADR opening up
But they are there!:santa:

I just booked a 12/24 CP ADR with a printed confirmation that says Holidays Around the World Candlelight Processional!!!! On 12/21 and 12/24. Only two restaurants show availability-- Teppon Edo And San Angelo. Had not read or heard anything about ADR opening up But they are there!:santa:
Did you make your reservations online or by phone? I looked online and didn't see anything yet.

Search for your day like you normally would. If nothing is there, type "candlelight processional" into the search box in the upper right corner. That opened times for every one of the package restaurants for me ( I booked for December 20th)

Search for your day like you normally would. If nothing is there, type "candlelight processional" into the search box in the upper right corner. That opened times for every one of the package restaurants for me ( I booked for December 20th)
I tried your advice, but none actually show as candlelight processional. They are just regular dining reservations. What would distinguish them as a CP ressie?

Go to dining reservations. Click Dining Event under Dining Experience. Put your date and party size in there and click Find a Table. If nothing shows up, refresh the screen. I was able to get a CP reservation at Chefs de France.

Go to dining reservations. Click Dining Event under Dining Experience. Put your date and party size in there and click Find a Table. If nothing shows up, refresh the screen. I was able to get a CP reservation at Chefs de France.
Just tried using your guidance and it shows "no times available" for my date (12/4). Tried refreshing and still nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter