The OFFICIAL December 2014 - Christmas Magic

My planning is clicking away. Flights booked, hotels done, tickets check. Still need MVMCP tickets and rental car. Oh yes ADR and fast pass + reserv, which I can't do until 1 I'm within the 180 day window and 2 they post hours for all the parks! :cool1:

I've been reading TR to keep me going until December! :coffee:

I may need to start planning another vacation! :upsidedow

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. :beach:

All the park hours have been posted:
http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDWTravelAgent_December.pdf

Have fun with the rest of your planning! :woohoo:

I'm really struggling with whether or not to do a MVMCP. Mostly it comes down to cost. We did it last year and had a nice time. However, we only did one character meet (just weren't interested) and the kids don't care about the dance party. So if I am going for the parade and fireworks, I might as well wait until the end of the week, brave the crowds and see them when they become part of the standard Holiday schedule I think. It's an easy way to save $250 and I don't think anyone in our family will care. I just don't want to get there and feel like we're missing out. Anyone else not doing the party?

When do the fireworks become part of the regular holiday schedule? :confused3

We will probably do the party. May skip the Candlelight Processional. Not that I didn't love it, I did! I just don't think my husband or teen loved it as much as I did. Perhaps after I find out who will be reading I will change my mind or even go on my own, it's just so Christmasy. :santa:

I do think $250, is a big chunk of money and if your on the fence, it's a logical place to cut back?

We will probably do the party. May skip the Candlelight Processional. Not that I didn't love it, I did! I just don't think my husband or teen loved it as much as I did. Perhaps after I find out who will be reading I will change my mind or even go on my own, it's just so Christmasy. :santa:

I do think $250, is a big chunk of money and if your on the fence, it's a logical place to cut back?

They become part of the regular schedule after the party no longer happens. this year the last party is on the 19th so starting on the 20th they will have the christmas fireworks and parade for regular park guests to see.

I'm really struggling with whether or not to do a MVMCP. Mostly it comes down to cost. We did it last year and had a nice time. However, we only did one character meet (just weren't interested) and the kids don't care about the dance party. So if I am going for the parade and fireworks, I might as well wait until the end of the week, brave the crowds and see them when they become part of the standard Holiday schedule I think. It's an easy way to save $250 and I don't think anyone in our family will care. I just don't want to get there and feel like we're missing out. Anyone else not doing the party?

Same boat! My kids are teens now & don't really care about the characters or dance parties any more. We are only doing 2 park days - both at MK on NON-Party days this trip. Just couldn't justify the cost. We will see the decorations & that's good enough for us. We won't see the special fireworks, but we're perfectly okay with that!

Of course, in full disclosure, we've done ticketed party events in the past - when they were younger & cared about those things ..... so we've "been there, done that" sorta ;)

I've always justified MVMCP with the availability of exclusive merch and the fact it takes longer to walk my way through the rope lines for the rides, than it does waiting in line to get on it. In a couple of hours you can bang out all the E-ticket rides multiple times.

I will gladly pay for MVMCP to walk on all the rides. :thumbsup2

Does anyone know why HS is closing at 6 on Dec 10th?

I think we've finally got our plans together and ready to make ADRs next month! I had wanted the kids to do one of the pirate adventure cruises, but it just wasn't going to work out this time. Maybe when we go next May.

Fri 12/19 - Fly into MCO, arrive late (~11pm) & Stay at Hyatt in the airport

Sat 12/20 - Sleep in (hopefully!), rent car and head to WDW, check in at WL
- Lunch ADR - WCC (around noon)
- Swim, nap, hang out at resort, etc
- 4pm - head to DtD
- 6pm - Cirque du Soleil
- Dinner afterwards, something quick either at DtD or back at WL

Sun 12/21 - Magic Kingdom!!
- Schedule shows 8am EMH, may get moved up to 7am if past is a guide
- Will need something in the room to snack on for breakfast since nothing will be open yet, can get a CS snack in the park once stuff opens at 9
- Morning plan is FantasyLand, maybe a FP for A+E and 7DMT
- Lunch ADR- Plaza (may try to get FP for BoG and do that instead, not sure)
- Afternoon will be Adventureland/Frontierland/Libery Square
- Dinner ADR - Liberty Tree Tavern
- Evening will be Tomorrowland and Wishes
- Park is open until 1am, will stay until everyone crashes, lol!

Mon 12/22 - Resort Day
- Sleep in (well that never actually happens but one can hope)
- Lunch ADR- Olivia's (@ OKW - we ate dinner here once and DH has been having a fit to go back)
- Afternoon tea @ GF for DD and me (and maybe a manicure at the spa before)
- Dinner ADR - Artists Point - date night! Kids will go to Kid's Club at WL

Tue 12/23 - Kennedy Space Center
- Check out of WL and head to Titusville
- Tour booked at KSC @ 10am
- Afterwards, head to Naples, FL to spend Christmas with my family

Now I just have to decide what my FP strategy will be... do I book them all pretty early in the hopes that we can get more after they are gone, or do I play it safe and book our original ones for later in the afternoon when I know it will be busy??

I really should stop spending so much time thinking about this trip and pur more effort into planning our New York DC trip which is less than 4 weeks away, yikes!!!

I really should stop spending so much time thinking about this trip and pur more effort into planning our New York DC trip which is less than 4 weeks away, yikes!!!

Lol :rotfl2: if only we all could put more attention to other things other than Disney!!:thumbsup2

Maybe you could get there at the beginning of break while the Christmas stuff is going on, but before the big crowds hit - that would be perfect!

Unfortunately, it looks like all of our trips in the next few years will be around holidays, so no escaping the crowds for us. This year it was/is Spring Break and Christmas, and next year will most likely be Memorial Day and Thanksgiving. If my plans hold, 2016 would be Spring Break, 4th of July, and Christmas again. (We've decided that instead of one BIG trip every few years, we will just take short trips whenever we visit my family. Saves on airfare, and we went ahead last year and bought 10-day NE tickets w/ WPs, so we should be set for a while)

That's what I'm thinking, but I'm trying to figure out which trip would be most "worth" it for us. December makes the most sense, because then DH would have the last week and a half after the holidays to recoup, but its more expensive. If we do January, we could possibly stay at a higher level Deluxe resort for at least part of the time. If we do December, then it would have to be the Wilderness Lodge.
Right now, I'm toying with the idea of spending part of the trip at Shades of Green to help offset costs. We're renting a car anyways, so it wouldn't be a huge difficultly, but we would have to pack in a way that would fit in the trunk of a rental car.

We'll probably pass. I like to observe regular sleep schedules as much as possible, when we're at Disney, and I wouldn't want to spend the money unless we were staying until midnight.

I completely forgot about the processional!

Now I just have to decide what my FP strategy will be... do I book them all pretty early in the hopes that we can get more after they are gone, or do I play it safe and book our original ones for later in the afternoon when I know it will be busy??

Luckily, by the time we actually get to our FP windows, other people will have tested the various strategies, and we will be able to benefit from their wisdom.

Luckily, by the time we actually get to our FP windows, other people will have tested the various strategies, and we will be able to benefit from their wisdom.

That's what I'm hoping! Very curious to see what people are saying about 4th FP+ availability, especially during busy periods this summer.

Joining in... Looks like my dates are switched once again. Booked bounceback at AKL following a Magic cruise, will be at WDW Dec 14th - 21st. Just got back a few weeks ago and can't wait to start planning!!

Count us in! Just put our deposit down!

So, there are three of us (DH and DD and Me!). We arrive on 20 Dec and depart on 29 Dec (to go to DLR!!). We are all so excited! This is our second trip to WDW (last was in May 2005) and we are traveling from Australia to take in all the Christmasness. DD can't wait to go see the gingerbread houses!

~ AussieCaribou

Joining in... Looks like my dates are switched once again. Booked bounceback at AKL following a Magic cruise, will be at WDW Dec 14th - 21st. Just got back a few weeks ago and can't wait to start planning!!

Lucky, Magic cruise & WDW! Yay, what a great Christmas! :goodvibes

I will be going to WDW December 5 - 14, so I'll be thinking how lucky you are to be there and I'm heading home. :upsidedow

I'm already thinking of a hotel hop, Yacht Club for the Beach Club. That shall be my Disney chore this week! :rotfl:

Happy planning! :thumbsup2

Count us in! Just put our deposit down!

So, there are three of us (DH and DD and Me!). We arrive on 20 Dec and depart on 29 Dec (to go to DLR!!). We are all so excited! This is our second trip to WDW (last was in May 2005) and we are traveling from Australia to take in all the Christmasness. DD can't wait to go see the gingerbread houses!

~ AussieCaribou

All the way from Australia! So you will be at WDW Dec 20 - 29, then your flying to So Cal to Disneyland Resort? :santa:

Linda

For anyone going early December, the park hours are out on Disney's website! They go up to December 9th. Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter