• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The OFFICIAL December 2014 - Christmas Magic

Following. Considering trip 1st week if Dec for 10th wedding anniv. Anyone know why the week is blacked out from BB offers? Was hoping to snag a RO discount when we are there with DS6 & DS2 in Feb

Sent from my iPhone using DisBoards

What dates are we talking? I think the 1st week in December is not the "slow" time it used to be, so they have no incentive to offer any discounts yet. I do believe as the dates get closer we will see some discounts or free dining for that week. The second full week is suspected to be Pop Warner, but they may be coming that first week which would also explain why we have no BB offers.

I hope everyone's Christmas was all that it could be. Mine was great. Got spoiled by my and my fiance's families.

I do need a little help with something, though. As part of the Christmas tradition, I make a big pancake breakfast for my folks, my sister and SIL. And we eat while watching the Disney parade. While this was going on, we were getting calls from uncles from all over the country. And it seemed like they called just when there was a commercial for vacations/special deals. So we'd turn off the TV so my dad could hear.

My dilemma is that we turned the TV on just at the tail end of one commercial, and it included the dates that we were thinking of going. Can anyone tell me if there were some special offers for the 1st 1/2 of Dec 2014, or were those just templates for rates.

Thanks in advance.

PS: With my and BDLsgal's gifts combined, we racked up a total of $350 in Disney gift cards to help with the trip. Did anyone else receive gift cards to help with their vaca planning?

:santa: Signing in here and in Nov. Will be first trip with our then 4 year old granddaughter-final dates will depend on so many things.

Following! Planning our 2nd disney Christmas vacation!! Can I get the link to the FB PAGE? :) :love::cool1:

Just booked the first week of our trip this morning!!
Nov. 30-Dec 6 @ VWL :love:

I will book the second week when I get back from my cruise.....leave Sat. :woohoo:

Tentatively planning out next trip to the World for Dec 2014. Hoping to celebrate our newest additions first birthday on the 21st right before heading home. Nervous about the oldest being in high school and how that might impact our ability to pull him out of school. Ideally we'd go something like the 14th-21st/22nd. I'd like to stay at the CR for the ease of transport with a 1 & 4 year old, plus the oldest and I could run over to MK during nap time if desired. If not we'll probably stay at AoA for the extra space in a suite. Need to check out ADR dates so I know when I have to book by for dining! I'm so excited to hopefully have another trip on the books soon!

Joining in. Not official yet, but hoping to take ds in early December. I still need to work out a few bugs but really would love to go for the holiday. We have always gone in spring/summer so this would be a nice change.

Tentatively planning out next trip to the World for Dec 2014. Hoping to celebrate our newest additions first birthday on the 21st right before heading home. Nervous about the oldest being in high school and how that might impact our ability to pull him out of school. Ideally we'd go something like the 14th-21st/22nd. I'd like to stay at the CR for the ease of transport with a 1 & 4 year old, plus the oldest and I could run over to MK during nap time if desired. If not we'll probably stay at AoA for the extra space in a suite. Need to check out ADR dates so I know when I have to book by for dining! I'm so excited to hopefully have another trip on the books soon!

After doing some research it looks like if we do a Dec trip it will be a short one. With the oldest starting high school he'll have final exams the three days before Christmas break. So we may just leave as soon as he's done & do the 19th-22/22, depending on what the military discount is. Four nights is not enough, but if we really want to do a trip for baby's first birthday that's what it will have to be unless we go between Christmas & New Years. Ugh, the crowd levels are going to kill me!

Brother in law and to be Sister in law just got engaged. They aren't making it completely public yet until all the close friends and family know. But I do know they are planning a Disney Wedding either first or second week of December 2014. So I am joining in! It will be the 2nd Dec Disney Trip for my husband, me and our 3 boy (8, 6 and 2). So excited!

Hello from Norway!

We will be going to WDW on December 16th or 17th and stay for 6-7 days. Don`t know if I am allowed to write it here but after a week at WDW we will be moving over to Universal resort for a week. It is a long way to go from Norway to Florida, so we will try yo get the best from all parks.

We will stay at on of the monorail resorts as the Magic Kingdom is the park that we want to visit most. 3 kids: DD 15, DS 12 and DS 8. And DH of course.

I have just asked to be added to the facebook group.

Look forward to getting to know you all!!pixiedust:

Subbing! We just got back from a magical WDW trip and hubby wants to go back the first week in December 2014 :cool1:

Cross-posted from the main board.

I'm on the verge of booking a Dec 2014 trip. We had settled on the second week of December after considering the first week (following Thx) because crowds looked really low, lower than we've ever experienced and that sounded like a treat. I was just waiting until the 6th to make our DVC reservation.

Just got an email from the Touring Plans crowd tracker with updates for crowd estimates for those two weeks. The second week that we had settled on has gone up considerably. I know it's a long way off, but does anyone know why the predictions would have jumped up for that week? For the M-F of the second week of Dec 2014 (8th through 12th), they went from 5 1 2 1 1 to 5 2 4 5 6. The only thing I can think of is Pop Warner got scheduled, but this year's historical crowds and everything I've read don't suggest a crowd effect from Pop Warner.

Thinking about booking the first week after all and need to make a decision since my booking window is already open for that week. Thanks in advance for any opinions/thoughts on the matter!

Cross-posted from the main board.

I'm on the verge of booking a Dec 2014 trip. We had settled on the second week of December after considering the first week (following Thx) because crowds looked really low, lower than we've ever experienced and that sounded like a treat. I was just waiting until the 6th to make our DVC reservation.

Just got an email from the Touring Plans crowd tracker with updates for crowd estimates for those two weeks. The second week that we had settled on has gone up considerably. I know it's a long way off, but does anyone know why the predictions would have jumped up for that week? For the M-F of the second week of Dec 2014 (8th through 12th), they went from 5 1 2 1 1 to 5 2 4 5 6. The only thing I can think of is Pop Warner got scheduled, but this year's historical crowds and everything I've read don't suggest a crowd effect from Pop Warner.

Thinking about booking the first week after all and need to make a decision since my booking window is already open for that week. Thanks in advance for any opinions/thoughts on the matter!

It could be that with the short Turkey day-Christmas period again this yr, that may be parade taping week as well as Pop Warner.

I wish time would go faster! I booked for December 3-9 a month ago.

Money is so tight...but I'm going for it!

We changed our dates we will now be there Dec 26th-Jan 1st staying at POP

I just booked us December 21st-27th (possibly adding more days later) at CBR, its a surprise trip hoping i can keep the secret for a year. We are also going for a short trip in July but just a quick weekend, we haven't been in a few years so I'm pretty excited.

Anyone heard anything about a room only visa cardholders offer? Just checking - saw some posts on other boards fir some summer promos but no one knew exact dates

Sent from my iPhone using DisBoards

Joining in - we are going December 7th - 14th. Can't wait - this year can't go by fast enough. Haven't booked anything yet - waiting to see when deals come out, etc. If you reserve now and a great deal (% off room or Dining plan) comes available, can you switch to that? Would love some details as I have never booked for onsite stay before (always been offsite or at Swan/Dolphin).

I just booked POR for Christmas Week 2014!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I'm super excited! I've never been for Christmas because we always go in August. I'm jumping out of my skin with excitement!! :cool1::cool1:

Can I join?

I booked my first Christmas at Disney World trip 2 days ago!! Two weeks starting from 21st December at Art of Animation. I AM SOOO EXCITEDDDDD!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter