The OFFICIAL December 2014 - Christmas Magic

Quick question - My family and I want to book our trip soon, and are looking at staying 12/1/14-12/6/14. Can I book my room now, and then add free dining later when it is offered? Or do I have to wait for WDW to announce free dining and then book? Thanks!

Quick question - My family and I want to book our trip soon, and are looking at staying 12/1/14-12/6/14. Can I book my room now, and then add free dining later when it is offered? Or do I have to wait for WDW to announce free dining and then book? Thanks!

You can book now and add a promo later. Its fairly easy. Ive been doing it for years. The only thing that you want to be mindful of is that you ADR's will most likely become available before the promos come out, so if you dont have the dining plan some ADR's require you to pay upfront. What I think I'm going to do is just add the dining plan and hope I get a discount or free dining later.

So glad to see a Dec. 2014 Thread. Good to know there are others planning 400+days in advance for their WDW vacation.
My sister is the one who does most of the planning since she bought into DVC about 2 years ago.
We are so looking forward to sharing the Christmas Disney Experience with the other "Mouseketeers" in our family. Myself, Sis, Bro, SIL, 3 Nieces, 1 Nephew In Law and 3 Great Nephews (ages will be 5, 3, &15mo).
My sister & I went in 2009 after Thanksgiving and stayed a week with one of our nieces joining us. It was so wonderful that we wanted to share the Magic with the rest of our family.

Happy Planning to Everyone!:goodvibes

Thought I'd go ahead and bump this thread up to the top!

We stayed at Pop and we got to test Magicbands and FP+. I certainly hope by Dec 2014 they are still testing because we certainly got to enjoy the best of both worlds. The FP+ seeting for Illuminations and MSEP are perfect. I would highly recommend choosing those as one of your FP+ options. Front and center in front of the WS lagoon, and front in center in front of Cinderella's castle. Getting to ride several things several times thanks to the new system and old system was definitely a plus for us.

Kids had a blast, and we openend and closed both parks on both days. Hopefully we can hold off until December 2014!

With the FP+ seating for Illuminations were you using the dining plan for the dinner package?
Thanks.

With the FP+ seating for Illuminations were you using the dining plan for the dinner package?
Thanks.

Nope, we were part of the test group in September, and those were some of our FP+ selections. I dont think there is a dining option that gets you any type of preferreed seating for Illuminations. However, you can make a reservation at La Hacienda for about 1 Hr 15 Min before the show and let them know at check in that youd be willing towait for a seat. We did it once and it was awesome.

We usually go every 2 years. We just did a trip this past October but are really considering a 2014 December trip :)

I requested to join the fb group.

I just booked us December 21st-27th (possibly adding more days later) at CBR, its a surprise trip hoping i can keep the secret for a year. We are also going for a short trip in July but just a quick weekend, we haven't been in a few years so I'm pretty excited.

I just booked us December 21st-27th (possibly adding more days later) at CBR, its a surprise trip hoping i can keep the secret for a year. We are also going for a short trip in July but just a quick weekend, we haven't been in a few years so I'm pretty excited.

When I surprised my (then) girlfriend (now fiance) with a December 2010 trip to Disney, I knew I would burst holding a secret for so long. So I'd let a little bit out by giving riddles and hints inside cards (Valentine's Day, St. Pat's Day, 4th of July, etc...). I had some fun with it and I got to release a little pressure.

Thanks for doing a FB page.

I am also a big fan of the DDP. I like the convenience, but I always do my math first. Like last trip, we upgraded to the DxDP (3TS/CS meals 2 snacks per night). It just made sense for us. We saw 2 events that had a dining combo (Candlelight Processional and Fantasmic!) which cost 2 pts each and 1 signature meal (dinner at LC) which also cost 2 pts. If we stuck with the DDP, that would've been all our sit down meals. Not only that, but we actually saved about $200 each with the DxDP vs the DDP.

And at Christmas time, those snack points come in real handy. :thumbsup2

For those scared about the amount of food, remember, it's 3TS/CS meals per night of your stay. Not per day. So depending on your travel plans (when you arrive/depart), it could translate into 18 meals for a 7 day stay.

Just something to consider. Make sure you do your math. :teacher:

As reading through the posts I came across yours and found it very enlightening. We have done the DxDP in the past, but found we felt like we were eating all the time. After reading your comments I think I will have my sister ( who is the planner) re-think doing the DDP. We do enjoy having our meals pre-paid for.
Thanks again for your input.:thanks:

Joining in! We are booked Dec 2-9 2014 at POP for now! Might change it to add a few days or to POFQ. This is our first Christmas trip, and we are all sooo excited!

Not booked yet, have to wait for the 11 month window.....but planning on Nov. 30-Dec. 14....split stay at VWL and OKW.
It will be DGD's first trip :yay:

Joining in. We are planning on going sometime in early Dec 2014. I can't wait. I sent a request to join the FB group too.

Under a year now! Next milestone I guess will be dining ressies in June, and then we wait for discounts to be announced.

I hope everyone had a fun and safe Thanksgiving and are enjoying their Chanukah. And since Dec 1st has past, I thought I'd post this. The NORAD Santa site is up and running. For those that don't know about the site, on Christmas Eve, this site gives live updates tracking Santa's journey around the world. In previous years, they have even included videos of Santa travelling through cities like Tokyo, Sidney, Cairo, Paris, London and others. Until Christmas Eve, the site also has games, videos and stories.

I've been following this for a while, and it is a lot of fun for little ones. Especially on Christmas Eve. The site can be found HERE . Hope you enjoy.

PS: The more decorations I see around the neighborhood and in Boston, the MORE BDLsgal and myself are JONESING to get back to WDW next year. I really can't wait to see the tree and Santa's throne in the lobby of the POR.

Ho ho ho :santa:

Happy I found a group full of excited DISers!!

I am finally getting to plan my next Disney trip! We are looking a Dec 24-Jan 3, 2014!

We have been missing Disney since we moved away 2 years ago, before that we were passholders going all the time.

So excited to get my planning on!:love:

Following. Considering trip 1st week if Dec for 10th wedding anniv. Anyone know why the week is blacked out from BB offers? Was hoping to snag a RO discount when we are there with DS6 & DS2 in Feb

Sent from my iPhone using DisBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter