*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

3 weeks from today, we'd be at the pool and then getting ready for our first MNSSHP. The only ADR we have that day is a Cape May breakfast.

Definitely kid friendly although as per Disney usual they started cheaping out on menu-used to have lots of smaller soft pretzels served on airplane hangar now it is one big pretzel, and who knows-may now not have the airplane at all. I love Jocks but it frustrates me they don't care to keep the same level of presentation they start with.
SaFe travels and hope the flight was uneventful!

One week from today will still have 3 days to go. 2 weeks from today I will be right back at work. Can't complain as this trip is a complete bonus!

The airplane sounds like it would have been a cute food display. My kids would have loved that.

I am so jealous. That's the band I want but it didn't show up until right after I ordered all the bands for my stays. lol I even tried to order it with the coupon that Disney sent me for sending me a gray magic band but it wouldn't let me use it towards that particular band. I was shocked when I saw it on a blog post a month later. I should have held out! lol But then someone else's would have been unavailable.

I did get the castle band though which is really nice in person.
I was glad that I had to wait, too, or I never would have been able to get the small world one. My husband wanted the pirates band and we never could get it. When the premium bands came out he decided to get the Americana band instead of the pirates and he is very happy with it. :)

Oooh, some of the merchandise that was supposed to be exclusive to the DL Haunted Mansion anniversary parties later this week is actually out in WDW today. Does anyone know if the new Haunted Mansion dress is at the Dress Shop or Emporium yet? So far we've only seen the sketch.

I have a $500 gift card and 5 $100 for kids and I have been using disney gift card site to merge them, but quickly delete them after. Have you had any issues with people hacking into your disney gift cards by leaving them in your account?
I only had the one card on the site that had any money on it. I totally forgot about it until I saw it there. I don't usually leave them on the site, either. However in this case, it was a good thing.

I have a $500 gift card and 5 $100 for kids and I have been using Disney gift card site to merge them, but quickly delete them after. Have you had any issues with people hacking into your Disney gift cards by leaving them in your account?
I've never read that happening on the Disney Gift Card Thread . Here are TWO things you can do provided you bring a blank gift card with you:
  1. Many actually keep the gift cards on the site for safe keeping AND bring a blank one with them during their stay. If you loose, misplace or it gets stolen you still have access to it online and would then transfer the money onto the blank card.
  2. Take a photo of the back of the cards. You still can transfer $$ to the blank one. Just make sure your phone has a password/fingerprint.

View attachment 423459

My wife is so happy! She thought these were gone when France changed the bakery into an ice cream shop! You can get them at Croque Monsier! We have an adr at Teppon Edo soon, but there was no stopping her!
I am so glad to see your post - we are headed that way in a little while and that is my favorite! We were in line for TT when the rain hit so we got our fast passes reinstated for later and came back to the resort to relax. All I keep laughing about is getting that dessert and my champagne tonight!

We're driving from NC so will be getting up around 4:00 a.m. Hoping to get there around 2:00 p.m. Also hoping that our room will be ready early so we can stop at Pop and unload everything. If not, The plan is to go to AK. I have FPs for Na'Vi for 2:50-3:50 and Dinosaur 4:00-5:00 then dinner at 6:15 at Hoop-Dee-Doo. This will be my second time their and the first time for my daughter and granddaughter. Will call it a night after dinner. The rest of our plans are:

Sunday - MK: 8:10 PPO breakfast at BoG then get in line to ride Mine Train before the rope drop crowd gets there; after Mine Train, head over to PP (hopefully wait won't be long, but that's going to depend on how long it takes us to ride Mine Train), then, over to Tomorrowland so my granddaughter can ride Space Mountain (DD and I don't like it), ride Buzz if wait not too long, but, if it is, we'll head over to Frontierland, have FPs for BTMRR 9:00-10:00, Splash 10:20-11:20 and HM 11:20-12:20, head back to Pop for a break (may eat before we leave MK or may wait until we get back to Pop). I have an AP and the girls have Park Hoppers on their tickets so I'm going to leave it up to them to decide whether to go back to MK after our break or go to a different Park.

Monday - Epcot: 9:00 appointment for my DD's Senior pictures!!!!, lunch at Coral Reef at 12:00, FPs for Living with the Land 1;35-2:35, SE 2:35-3:35, TT 3:35-4:35, girls will probably want to ride Mission:Space, no definite plans after we use our FPs other than Illuminations. Will grab something for supper in World Showcase.

Tuesday - AK: going to sleep in a bit this morning, FPs for KS 9:50-10:50, EE 10:50-11:50 and FoP 12:40-1:40, 11:45 lunch at Yak & Yeti, will probably head out for a break after riding FoP, may or may not come back to AK for the evening,, depends on what the girls want to do.

Wednesday - DHS EMM: hoping that we have a good morning in Toy Story Land before moving on (I had a not so great morning there on a solo trip in May), FPs for Rock n Roller Coaster 9:15-10:15, ToT 10:50-11:50 Star Tours 12:10-1:10, 11:35 lunch at Sci-Fi, back to Pop after Star Tours, may or may not come back for the evening

Thursday - sleep in - late AK arrival: FPs for Kali 3:20-4:20, EE 4:20-5:20 KS 7:15-8:15, will grab supper somewhere after EE, get in line for FoP as close to Park closing as we can get.

Friday - sleep in - MNSSHP: I haven't gotten any FPs for the 4:00-6:00 time frame. My granddaughter loves Jack Skellington so the meet n greet with Jack and Sally is top priority, not sure what time their meet n greet starts but I know they are one of the more popular meet n greets. Rest of the evening will be riding what we can then see the last parade, last fireworks and last Hocus Pocus show.

Saturday: long, sad drive home

Friday - sleep in - MNSSHP: I haven't gotten any FPs for the 4:00-6:00 time frame. My granddaughter loves Jack Skellington so the meet n greet with Jack and Sally is top priority, not sure what time their meet n greet starts but I know they are one of the more popular meet n greets. Rest of the evening will be riding what we can then see the last parade, last fireworks and last Hocus Pocus show.

Saturday: long, sad drive home

Sounds like a wonderful trip you have planned! Enjoy your vacation and maybe Ill see you at the MNSSHP Friday (with 30,000 other people :) )

Today was a good one, did all the rides at Epcot except Test Track and Mission Space, ate the "secret" passholder dessert at Sunshine Seasons (they didnt even ask to see my pass! Hint hint!), ate a great meal at Teppon Edo, watched Illuminations, then snuck onto the AoA bus because our Pop Century bus was full! We ate supper at AoA and although I absolutely love Pop Century, I have to admit that AoA has a better selection for food! After our late supper, I stopped by Everything Pop and got a Dole float! I'm on vacation and I'm going to eat like I'm on vacation! I'll burn off those extra pounds when I get home!

One thing I can say I don’t like during this trip - photo boxes at character meets ! In our group the 4 kids each did individual pictures after the group but because we were switching out it only captures the last girl on our account - so now have to contact or go to the photo stop at one of the parks to have the rest added on. Not very personable at all at the meets either. Although it did capture my DD getting a selfie from Kylo Ren...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter