*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Alright, fully packed and ready to go! Going to sleep in about 4 hours to wake up around 4am, then off to the airport! Flight leaves at 6:30 and stops in Minneapolis for about an hour, then lands in Orlando around 1:30pm. This time tomorrow we should hopefully be at Pop Century and close to heading over to MK! Supper at LTT at 7:10 and then 7dmt at 8:25! Can't wait!

Have a safe journey and a magical vacation! Enjoy all your wonderful plans an dont forget us little people still waiting! I want to live vicariously through you for a few days!

We are here right now. Crowds weren't terrible at MK. We rode PoC standby with a 30 minute wait and then used our fastpassws. We are at Le Celier now and have a fastpass for Soarin'

Thanks for the real time updates! Keep them coming if you can! MMMmmm.. Le Cellier. Im jealous!

My boys aren't going on this trip, and I'm worried that they are going to feel bad after I go with their sister. They've said all along that they are fine with it, but I wonder how they'll feel when I actually go and they don't.

If they are anything like mine, they really wont care. Mine started losing interest in their teens. Im thinking it was because their sister came along and I started including princess meals/meets etc.. in our schedule! But, they were also into sports year round, on school teams, city teams, AAU teams etc... They would be lost at Disney if they couldnt carry some kind of call around!! :rotfl2: They have since both graduated from college. I begged them to come on this trip as its a big birthday for me and I always celebrate birthdays with family, but they said no :( My oldest said maybe net yearhe would go for Star Wars only. Ill take it!

Only 8 days of work until we're off on our honeymoon! Anyone have any tips for getting through the workday :crazy2:. I don't know how I'll make it!!

I pretend work. I have all my excel files up like Im working, but Im really making spreadsheets of my dining ressies, park hours, crowd predictions & daily plans :) Ive added filters, Vlookups and pivot tables :) !!!

We leave next Friday so this week and next week will mostly be spent in my classroom setting things up. We'll be away for 2 weeks and then school will start! I'm hoping to get most of my classroom finished up so I'm not stressed at all about that while on vacation. Suitcases finally came out of the attic yesterday and starting to sort through all of our purchases to make sure we are good to go for the trip! Can't believe we are getting to crunch time now!!!

We have been having a great trip ! Yesterday was absolutely amazing as my dad was chosen as the Veteran of the Day at Magic Kingdom and was part of the Flag retreat. He was so proud and I was so happy to be here with my kids and DH to be with him. I think my mom and I may have shed a few tears. He has 4 out of 5 grandkids on this trip so that made it even more special too. What an honor!!

We have been having a great trip ! Yesterday was absolutely amazing as my dad was chosen as the Veteran of the Day at Magic Kingdom and was part of the Flag retreat. He was so proud and I was so happy to be here with my kids and DH to be with him. I think my mom and I may have shed a few tears. He has 4 out of 5 grandkids on this trip so that made it even more special too. What an honor!!

That is so wonderful! Im glad you are having a great time, but its all downhill from here. Nothing could top that! ❤❤ Sending him a big salute :)

Last day before our trip. No work for me today, but plenty of errands / odds and ends to get done today. By this time tomorrow, we should be in the air on our way.

And, for the Monday edition of one week from today: One week from right now, we will be on our way to Epcot. Two weeks from right now, we will be on our way to MK for the last day of our vacation.

Thank him and your family for your service.

We leave next Friday so this week and next week will mostly be spent in my classroom setting things up. We'll be away for 2 weeks and then school will start! I'm hoping to get most of my classroom finished up so I'm not stressed at all about that while on vacation.
I'm trying to finish classroom setup by this Friday even though I don't leave until the 15th. I want as much done as possible, including printing our first day packets, before I go.

Oh, I need to finish this week since the state auditor will be using my classroom to work next week. My room has a/c and is next door to the business manager's office so I'm always booted out that week.

Wow so much for me to catch up on. We hired a babysitter for the first time ever this weekend and went out. We've always had our parents watch the kids but it's not very often.

My husband does all of his own packing. He always has done it. He usually packs twice as many shirts as he needs but I don't interfere. ;)
My husband does all his own clothes shopping, too. He likes to shop more than I do. :)
We have a standard view room booked at the Beach Club and we have drop down options. I don't think there is any consistent rules for the options that resorts offer. And they frequently change, too. :)

My husband does his packing and my son's packing. Like your husband, he enjoys shopping more than me. He loves going to stores like Marshalls and TJ Maxx so he can route through the racks to find good deals on high end athletic wear for my son. I hate routing through racks like that. So he buys most of my son's clothing and all of his own. He's famous for over packing clothing and he usually forgets stuff like a toothbrush or PJs. So I always check to make sure he packed that stuff for my son.

I also have a Garden View booked at the BC and it only gave me a couple choices like upper level or near lobby/transportation. For our one night at WL, it gave me no options for our standard room. And for the one night at AS Movies in a preferred it gave me building options, floors, lobby, etc. You never know what you're going to get for choices.

I think Nomad and Jock's are tied for us! Geyser Point & Territory Lounge aren't far behind :goodvibes
Yes pretty sure we do miss you by just a day unfortunately, I do hope you get to see Su-Lynn! We're hoping to catch up with them on the 19th :thumbsup2

I haven't been to any of the lounges you mentioned. I think Jock's might be adult only so I won't be going there anytime soon. But this trip I told DH that we need to stop at Geyser Point for at least a drink. Your drinks always look good from there and I'm dying to try one (or two, or 3). I would like to eat lunch there too but that depends how long we stay in the parks on our WL check in day.

How's the walk-up availability at Storybook Dining at Artist Point? My DH is only with me for 2 days on this trip, and since he's a big Grumpy fan, I really want to do this meal. However, the only time that really works for us is 4 pm on Saturday the 17th. No availability right now, and I've got the touringplans ADR finder going, but has anyone had any luck just walking up and asking for a table? It's only the two of us... *crosses fingers*

Someone probably answered but a walk-up would be near impossible at this restaurant. I did setup a dining finder and was able to get a reservation there recently. Maybe one will pop up for you too.

We’ve been at Universal the past 3 days and while I enjoy walking around the parks and I’ve got no complaints, it’s just not Disney.

We haven't gone to Universal yet. I'm afraid we'll feel like you but I do want to go and see all the HP stuff.

Im super excited....last night I read that there will be a DescenDance at Disney Springs nightly from 7:30 - 10:30 :) Our first night in FL we are having supper at Raglan Rd and it will be perfect timing to watch this stage show after supper. My DD is a big fan (Has already watched D3 twice since Friday and invited a friend over tonight to watch again!)

It's over before we get there. DD6 loves Descendants so I'm hoping they extend it. I didn't tell her about it. We had a D3 watch party at our house on Friday. I think RR will be the perfect ADR before a dance party. DD will be in a dancing mood.

Luckily my DD (last child) is going into 10th. Only 3 more years until we have mid Dec - mid Jan to go and a week in March and Mid May thru Mid August! I love college breaks!

7 more years until I can go any time I want :) And even better, Ill probably be in a scooter by then and I wont even have to walk the parks !!!!!!!

I'm jealous that you only have 3 years until you get more vacation date options. We are struggling with picking dates. My son misses 5 practices between our August trip and his weekend trip to the Little League World Series. That's for his fall ball travel team. We don't know what they'll both miss for soccer but their dad is a coach so it shouldn't be too much. Luckily the travel baseball team we signed with is very understanding of family vacations and other sports schedules especially during the fall season. Last fall, he was asked to join a different organization but they wanted us to commit to a certain amount or practices, games, and not play any other sports. We declined them. My son was only 8 and we felt it was way too early for him to be involved in something so serious. His team now works much better for us.

Decided to scope out additional luggage at the last minute. I love my spinners. We have the carry on and the really big ones. I wanted a medium because we have Owner's Locker and a washer/dryer. I ended up with a steal at Macy's Samsonite 25" $300 for $99 ONE day sale. The sale clerks were super surprised themselves.

Great deal! We bought spinners at Christmas and we'll be using them for the first time this trip.

Magic bands are done with super sparkle skins from etsy. 10 days and counting. View attachment 422835

So pretty!

So, summer before last, I managed to get myself fully run over by a scooter. Little old lady driving it, completely not her fault. I stepped funny on my foot, lost my balance, and stepped right out in front of her. Nothing should could do about it, nothing I could do about it, just was what it was. When I caught my balance and composure, I turned to her, and I could tell by the look on her face she was expecting me to be angry. Instead, I apologized for cutting her off, told her I knew there was nothing she could do about it, was completely my fault. I think she was about in tears. I could completely tell she really felt bad for hitting me.

It must be really hard to drive one of the scooters in a crowd like that. I know pushing a stroller was rough. I try to be aware of my surroundings but there have been times where I accidentally cut someone off.

We are here right now. Crowds weren't terrible at MK. We rode PoC standby with a 30 minute wait and then used our fastpassws. We are at Le Celier now and have a fastpass for Soarin'

Sounds like you are feeling better. Enjoy your trip.

I pretend work. I have all my excel files up like Im working, but Im really making spreadsheets of my dining ressies, park hours, crowd predictions & daily plans

I am right there with you. I have so much work to do but just can't get motivated to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter