*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

3 weeks to go. I received my ME tags today from the travel agent so they were mailed out from Disney over a week ago. Still haven’t ordered our magic bands. Impossible to get our second or third choice. Extremely disappointed in how this is being handled.

The AP SWGE preview will be on one of our planned DHS days. Should I change and do a different park?

The AP SWGE preview will be on one of our planned DHS days. Should I change and do a different park?

That's our dilemma now, too. We're gonna keep our plans, but ugh, we were frustrated with the news.

That's our dilemma now, too. We're gonna keep our plans, but ugh, we were frustrated with the news.

I think we will keep our plans but watch and see what the crowds are like the first day and switch if needed. But that is the only day we have a SDD FP as well as 50’s for lunch. Ugh is right. LOL

Single digit dance day!!! But of course nothing ever goes as planned so adding on to school shopping this weekend and packing, looks like I may be adding car shopping in! Not something I planned on right before vacation. And I pretty much have to be packed by next Tuesday because Wednesday is my DD's crazy dance night with extra time added on for what she's missing while we are gone then Thursday the 1st I'm working 1/2 day until DH picks me up to head to the airport!!!

Sorry you have that surprise car shopping to do. I have spent much of the last week with my engine torn apart, fixing it, and driving my mothers car. It has been a long week lol.

Add me! 15th-22nd staying at Pop for the first time. Can't wait to set my eyes on the castle again!

You've been added to the Roll Call. Hope you have a great trip!

Long time lurker but want to join the August party! We will be at Pop 17th -24th. It will be just me and Mr. Hubs. We haven't been since 2011 and never in August. Can't wait!

You've been added to the Roll Call. Hope you have a magical trip with the Mr Hubs!

I’m not sure the SWGE previews will have an affect on crowds in the rest of HS but you could try to see if pandora previews changed things at AK those days back when. In fact it could be possible that AP’s would skip HS on their non reservation days/times. I personally wouldn’t move too much around because of it unless your plans are already pretty flexible. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't worry about the AP preview crowds. There is a limited number of people for each preview and they will be concentrating on the new Star Wars area. It is a low crowd time of year. We did the Pandora AP preview and I don't think it affected the rest of the park. The previews will be several hours apart so you won't see a huge mass of people hitting the park entrance at one time.

We were hoping that we would be able to attend the AP previews but we arrive on Aug 24th and the previews end Aug 21st. :( But we will be there for opening day and maybe we will be able to get into SWGE before we go home on Aug 31st.

26 days for us!! An FYI for SW fliers I just checked our flights and our return flight went down in price. I just got back 2500 points.
Recently ours had doubled in price but now they are down some more but still nt as low as what I paid. Makes me glad I purchased as early as I did.

The trick is to have 14 major projects you have to finish before you leave, that way your last three weeks are constant running around like a chicken with your head cut off, trying to get everything done before you go.

Amen to that! I am trying to no get overwhelmed getting everything done. But at least the time is flying by right now.

26 days for us!! An FYI for SW fliers I just checked our flights and our return flight went down in price. I just got back 2500 points.

Sweet, I just checked and our return flight dropped 2500 points too! Does anyone know if you can retain your early bird check in if I rebook? It's the same flight, but I don't think it's worth the points if I have to rebuy early bird.

Single digit dance day!!! But of course nothing ever goes as planned so adding on to school shopping this weekend and packing, looks like I may be adding car shopping in! Not something I planned on right before vacation. And I pretty much have to be packed by next Tuesday because Wednesday is my DD's crazy dance night with extra time added on for what she's missing while we are gone then Thursday the 1st I'm working 1/2 day until DH picks me up to head to the airport!!!

Seems like there is all kinds of mayhem just before our Disney trips. A few days ago DH was rear ended in the SUV we are taking to Disney. Thankfully no one was hurt, but now car repairs will have to be addressed before we leave. UGH! Car shopping is a stressful process just before your vacation, I wish you well.

Seems like there is all kinds of mayhem just before our Disney trips. A few days ago DH was rear ended in the SUV we are taking to Disney. Thankfully no one was hurt, but now car repairs will have to be addressed before we leave. UGH! Car shopping is a stressful process just before your vacation, I wish you well.

UGH! I hate that for y'all. I'm glad no one was hurt. A couple of years ago we were going skiing/snowboarding for spring break and two days before we were suppose to leave someone sideswiped me all down my driver side. It was bad enough I had to climb out the passenger side of the car to get out because my door was all smashed in. It was so frustrating having to hurry and get a rental car because most companies were already booked solid with it being spring break.

Are you flying out of Boston? We are on the N.shore and found flights to be more expensive than normal. I waited awhile before booking them and booked them each one way.
Also from MA...we live on the south shore and noticed Boston prices were high. Luckily we are close enough to Providence and the prices were cheap. Plus I just love the ease of flying out of TF green.

Took the plunge and booked us for the Fireworks Dessert party (Plaza Garden Viewing). Since my mom is coming and given how it's gone the last couple of years waiting for the show, I decided to try this. My son is 9 and I'm the tallest between my daughter, my mom and me at 5'5". Hoping this makes things much easier.

In 2017, I got us a spot and since the kids were old enough, I went to get food. The plan was to sit on the sidewalk and eat to pass the time. I was the 4th person in line to order but ended up waiting almost 40 minutes just to order because the person in front of me had an allergy in her group. It took over 30 minutes for the manager to come to the cashier to note the allergy. I get it that's the policy; but it should not take that long for the manager to come over. By the time I got back and found the kids, they were making everyone stand up.

Last year, I got smart and used the app to order ahead. Ordered while we were in line for our last ride on IASW (one of our favorites). Walked in and the food was ready. We ate in the restaurant and had plenty of time to still get a spot. For some reason they made everyone stand up an hour prior to the show. By the time we saw the show and got on our resort bus, our feet were literally burning. Doing a lot of walking is one thing; but just standing in one spot like that was torture. We did get to witness a marriage proposal which was sweet.

So this year, I'm treating us and our feet to the dessert party. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Also decided not to add a day to our tickets so I switched our Crystal Palace breakfast to a Cape Maye Breakfast on departure day.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter