*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

The tips I have, first, clean the magic bands good. I did mine with soap and water, then dried them, then wiped them down with a lint free cloth and rubbing alcohol. Dried them again, thoroughly, and then applied the decals. When handling the decals, try to handle them just by the edges, not touching the adhesive bits any more than absolutely necessary. Get them lined up as straight as possible, then use a hair dryer to help soften them, and work the wrinkles out of them.
Where did you buy your MB covers? I have been buying mine from MagicYourBand and they go on fairly wrinkle free. In fact, I just ordered three more covers this weekend. My husband and I each got one of the Premium MagicBands but I really like the vinyl covers much more than thepremium ones. The colors on the vinyl covers are stronger and the covers look great.

By the way, I checked the Disney site and there were some new premium band designs that I hadn't seen before, like the Small World, the Fab Five, a Goofy band, the Genie from Aladdin, and a few others. I am stalking the site for the Pirates band for my husband but I might just get a solid color for my new vinyl covers. :)

I'm super jealous of everyone's long trips! ;)

Our basic plans:

15th:

Arriving at MCO around 10:30 am, ME to Sports to check in and then head to MK
FP+ Haunted Mansion, BTMR, SDMT
HEA and then back to the resort to sleep

16th:

RD at AK
FP+ Safari, EE, and FoP

17th:

RD at HS
FP+ TSMM, RnR, ToT
Maybe hop to MK if we have everything done we want to do by 7 ish

18th:

RD at MK
FP+ Peter Pan, BTMR, SDMT (can you tell our faves)
Lunch ADR at BOG
Maybe hop to Epcot to wander and see IllumiNations one more time

19th:

Check out
RD at Epcot
FP+ Soarin', Character Spot, and Mission Space
Back to Sports to catch ME to MCO
Flight leaves at 5:30 ish.

I feel bad about shorting our time at Epcot, but MK is the favorite of my dd and I so two days, new stuff at HS and AK. We do have hoppers this time so we might make use of those.

We will be there 8/27 through 9/2! Booked in January with free dining. Should we skip Hollywood Studios or try to go during the extra early morning magic hours (6am to 9am)? We typically go in August to avoid the heavy crowds. Anyone else struggling with the decision to skip Galaxy’s Edge and Hollywood Studios all together?

:confused3
If I were going during that time, I definitely wouldn’t skip HS. I’d try to do the early morning hours, but my kids are older. I’d probably feel differently if I were travelling with younger children.

Where did you buy your MB covers? I have been buying mine from MagicYourBand and they go on fairly wrinkle free. In fact, I just ordered three more covers this weekend. My husband and I each got one of the Premium MagicBands but I really like the vinyl covers much more than thepremium ones. The colors on the vinyl covers are stronger and the covers look great.

By the way, I checked the Disney site and there were some new premium band designs that I hadn't seen before, like the Small World, the Fab Five, a Goofy band, the Genie from Aladdin, and a few others. I am stalking the site for the Pirates band for my husband but I might just get a solid color for my new vinyl covers. :)
I bought them on etsy from shopemilyg Her directions for how to put them on are fantastic.

I get mine from Magic Your Band. I didn't have a lot of trouble with wrinkling, but any time you try to put a flat decal on a curved surface, there will be some degree of wrinkling, and I know from working with vinyl on cars that a bit of heat from a hair dryer works wonders, so that was the first thing that came to mind for me.

Might as well join the trip plan sharing:

16 - Get into MCO around 230pm, check into Beach Club, Dinner (Supper) Beaches & Cream
17 - Bfast Ale & Compass, Stormalong Bay, DHS at night
18 - MK including lunch at the Plaza and the little man's first haircut
19 - Cape May Bfast, Stormalong Bay, Art Smith Dinner
20 - Epcot
21 - Stormalong Bay, Epcot, MK
22 - Stormalong Bay, Date Night (Yachtsman or Flying Fish) then Epcot or DHS and then the boardwalk
23 - AK with Tusker House Bfast
24 - Epcot, Lunch at Via Napoli, leaving MCO around 7pm

Yes in the store. I bought mine a couple of weeks ago, regular price, $1.99 (I got the minis)

Have you opened it? I am hoping it was an isolated thing; but I picked one up at the Dick's closest to my house. We have cooling towels for our trip; but my son has a soccer camp this week and I did not want to use one of our Disney ones. I picked this up and was going to wet it and toss it into his bag. When I opened it, it was folded tight and stuck together. When I tried to unfold it, it ripped. Sincerely hoping these weren't duds they marked down. I have never had any issue with Dick's and as a soccer mom I shop there a lot.

Just a head's up you might want to open it before your trip if you haven't already.

It's so wild to me that there will be MNSSHP in mid-August! Sadly we will be leaving before the first one..but that's so fun if you're able to do it!

Here's our plans! This was a last minute trip (booked less than a month out), so we aren't sure of what we are doing totally yet, which is so out of character for me!

Travel- August 1st- August 2nd
August 2nd- Arrive and check in at POP! Buy refillable mugs and then hit the parks! We will be at MK during the morning and afternoon. Not sure of our night plans yet!
August 3rd- Sleep in a LITTLE, and then off to DHS! So disappointed with the new FP+ selection and how difficult it is to get TOT FP+ due to the maintenance. Maybe back to MK for dinner this night! Still unsure!
August 4th- EPCOT morning!
August 5th- MK morning and then After Hours event at AK! Probably head back to the room to swim!
August 6th- DHS
August 7th- EPCOT and Jiko dinner
August 8th- AK
August 9th- AK and check out day :(

I know I will be tweaking this as this week goes on!

Haven’t been on in a while, but we are getting super excited here!! Just received our magic bands and I’m happy to have my Darth Vader! My DH saw Tim Tracker’s video on CS tower and now he wants to upgrade to the tower! (LOL). Unfortunately I checked and No availability so we will stick with our regular room in ranches or cabana or casitas wherever Disney assigns us. Trip is paid off and discounted gift cards for sit down meals have been purchased!
Packing has begun! Oh and thanks to the reservation finder we finally have our story book dining!

Have you opened it? I am hoping it was an isolated thing; but I picked one up at the Dick's closest to my house. We have cooling towels for our trip; but my son has a soccer camp this week and I did not want to use one of our Disney ones. I picked this up and was going to wet it and toss it into his bag. When I opened it, it was folded tight and stuck together. When I tried to unfold it, it ripped. Sincerely hoping these weren't duds they marked down. I have never had any issue with Dick's and as a soccer mom I shop there a lot.

Just a head's up you might want to open it before your trip if you haven't already.

Thanks for the heads up, no I havent opened them, but will be doing that tonight!!

Looks like the skyliner is opening September 29th. I guess its possible for soft opening and tests during august but for the most part I assume we will not get a chance here in august-ville

That makes me so sad. I was really hoping to use or try out the Skyliner while we were down there. Oh well. Now we need another trip!

Unfortunately, it looks like Beaches and Cream is going to under refurb starting early August. I had read that they'll be setting up an alternate ice cream location somewhere nearby, but it won't have the full menu of Beaches and Cream.
Actually - they postponed the refurb until the end of the month. I was able to snag a reservation for my trip a few weeks ago when they opened some spots.

I am looking at all the room views at POP, and figuring out which room/building to request through TouringPlans. I am so excited! I love all the research :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter