• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** The Official August 2016 Thread! ***

But your new reservation on the 24th and 25th is just a room only reservation. Isn't it? You don't actually need to change your ticket requirement. You could keep your ticket requirement intact on your second reservation. You just need to drop two days from your hotel reservation on your old reservation, but not the tickets. You can access the tickets early on the 24th or 25th from the second reservation. No? Sorry. I'm just trying to find a way to help you save a few bucks. :)
Please don't apologize !! I appreciate your responses more than you know!! Ok so let me see if I'm understanding correctly... If I drop the two first days of my trip off my existing reservation.. Then I can book a room only reservation for those two nights WITH the discount applied? Does it need to be a package w tickets for the discount? Would I have to switch rooms? ( probably)Thank you so much.. Your more helpful than the CM I spoke to lol .she didn't suggest this option to me . I'm sorry I'm just so confused on what to do ... Everything was all set and now it's all up in the air again ... Thanks again

Please don't apologize !! I appreciate your responses more than you know!! Ok so let me see if I'm understanding correctly... If I drop the two first days of my trip off my existing reservation.. Then I can book a room only reservation for those two nights WITH the discount applied? Does it need to be a package w tickets for the discount? Would I have to switch rooms? ( probably)Thank you so much.. Your more helpful than the CM I spoke to lol .she didn't suggest this option to me . I'm sorry I'm just so confused on what to do ... Everything was all set and now it's all up in the air again ... Thanks again

I don't think the first two days need to be a package. I think you can get the discount on the room only, but you'd have to forgo the fancy magicbands because that's part of the package with tickets (I think). There is a possibility that you may have to switch rooms, but they can link the two reservations together, which I believe gives you a better chance of staying in the same room, but you would still need to check in at the front desk on the 26th for your second reservation. I'm not sure if that becomes more of a hassle for you then it's worth. If you did go that route, I don't think your ticket prices would change since you're not making a change to your tickets. Again, I could be wrong.
Good luck! :)

I don't think the first two days need to be a package. I think you can get the discount on the room only, but you'd have to forgo the fancy magicbands because that's part of the package with tickets (I think). There is a possibility that you may have to switch rooms, but they can link the two reservations together, which I believe gives you a better chance of staying in the same room, but you would still need to check in at the front desk on the 26th for your second reservation. I'm not sure if that becomes more of a hassle for you then it's worth. If you did go that route, I don't think your ticket prices would change since you're not making a change to your tickets. Again, I could be wrong.

That's the thing.. It does become a hassle... No matter how much planning you do..no matter how far ahead of time you do things... ( bc its normal to plan your dinner 6 months in advance ) It doesn't matter... Im at Disneys mercy... Waiting on their next move patiently every step of the way...weather it be dining or FP or park hours or ROL or discounts ..they can do whatever, whenever they want and flip my well planned vacation on its tail at any moment .. always turns into a hassle... Sorry I'm frustrated and grumpy

That's the thing.. It does become a hassle... No matter how much planning you do..no matter how far ahead of time you do things... ( bc its normal to plan your dinner 6 months in advance ) It doesn't matter... Im at Disneys mercy... Waiting on their next move patiently every step of the way...weather it be dining or FP or park hours or ROL or discounts ..they can do whatever, whenever they want and flip my well planned vacation on its tail at any moment .. always turns into a hassle... Sorry I'm frustrated and grumpy
Don't worry. I totally understand your frustration.

I sure hope so. It may be my last hope.
I'm hoping for something too, I called to try and apply the summer discount and it figures, our room is not included, if I switch to the rooms at our resort that are included it would cost $500 more :( I booked knowing that I may have to pay full price but I was hoping to be able to at least upgrade without having to pay more.

Ok, deal is sealed and we are officially booked for August 23-30! Staying at the Polynesian resort. I know its going to be hot as heck, but I've been during this time before so will come prepared! What do ya'll figure some of the most important things are to do the parks in the heat? Obviously hydration! Any other ideas? We plan on bringing the cooling towels, misters, portable fans...This will also be the first time I haven't used the double stroller in a while! My oldest is 8, and we brought one last year for her and my now 5 year old. She complains a LOT, so this should be interesting. Still bringing a single for my Son, though.

Ok, deal is sealed and we are officially booked for August 23-30! Staying at the Polynesian resort. I know its going to be hot as heck, but I've been during this time before so will come prepared! What do ya'll figure some of the most important things are to do the parks in the heat? Obviously hydration! Any other ideas? We plan on bringing the cooling towels, misters, portable fans...This will also be the first time I haven't used the double stroller in a while! My oldest is 8, and we brought one last year for her and my now 5 year old. She complains a LOT, so this should be interesting. Still bringing a single for my Son, though.
We do a TS lunch to escape the hottest part of the day.

We are big fans of midday breaks - for all of our sanity! We try for RD mornings most days and then going back to the park for dinner and nighttime stuff. We rarely stay very late with DD5 but we find that works best to avoid the 1-3pm time frame - those are the worst hours! I'd rather be in the pool!

We are big fans of midday breaks - for all of our sanity! We try for RD mornings most days and then going back to the park for dinner and nighttime stuff. We rarely stay very late with DD5 but we find that works best to avoid the 1-3pm time frame - those are the worst hours! I'd rather be in the pool!

Do you park hop or stick with 1 park per day?? I'm torn on what to do this time. We enjoy park hopping usually, but with the heat and such, I'm not sure it's a wise decision this time around.

We do tend to park hop - but not every day - sometimes the plans call for it and sometimes they don't! With our midday breaks it doesn't seem to matter if we go back to the same park we did in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter