*~~~The Official April 2014 Thread~~~*

Hi Everyone!

My Mom and I are making our 19th annual Mother-Daughter pilgrimage 4/5-4/12 at CBR. Just two old ladies acting like kids - eating whatever we want, doing whatever we want, and having a blast doing it!!:cool1:

Hi everyone!

Super excited to be joining this thread. My husband and I just booked a trip for the end of April last night! We will be staying at POR Riverside from 4/28-5/4.

Going a little crazy trying to decide where I want to be when so I can make a few ADR's.

Popping in to say HELLO!!!!!.. coming over from the April 2013 board! I just posted this on that FB page but ill introduce myself here too!!
My name is Dana- we have been taking a family trip to Disney in april for the 9 years! Last april we had decided it would be our last trip for a few years bc we need to start doing other things with our yearly income tax check.
Wellll...its that time of year again and I have the itch big time, Plus we took the kids to Disney on ice last week and my youngest was amazed!!!

So I am starting to work on my hubby. I have a serious case to plead about 2014 actually being our last year!
So- there are some huge factors for our family that will change our Disney price drastically once next year rolls around.
For starters my oldest is currently 9- which in Disney terms means his last year paying as a child. Once he turns 10 hes an adult price as far as Disney goes.
Next my youngest is 2- which means next year he has to pay for EVERYTHING. this is his last year as a freebie.
Also- once the baby is in the "count" then we can no longer get a standard room at a value resort. Right now we put him in a pack n play and just the reg room with 2 beds- once he is counted- as a famly of 5 we are not able to get the standard room.
SOOOOOOOO- I went non disneys site and calculated the prices for us to take a trip this year vs next year and it is almost DOUBLE the price.
For us to go this year for 8 nights/9 days with dining plan, park passes and airfare it would be around 4900....for the same exact trip with my kids ages next year it comes out to over 8000!!!!

So all in all basically once next year rolls around there is no way Disney will be our yearly trip anymore- we could never afford a nearly 10,000 trip yearly.

So- sound good? think I can talk hubby into it?? I am going to try very hard ad I hope to be joining you guys very soon!!!:):)

WE always plan our trips last minute sop this isn't unusual for us. We always wait till income tax comes then book last minute.

Looking fwd to talking to all of you!!:)

popping in to make a resort change! we will be staying at Pop Century now instead of All Stars Music! :cool1::woohoo:

Hi everyone!

Super excited to be joining this thread. My husband and I just booked a trip for the end of April last night! We will be staying at POR Riverside from 4/28-5/4.

Going a little crazy trying to decide where I want to be when so I can make a few ADR's.

My kids, mom and I will be at POR 4/26-5/4!

Happily joining this thread :cool1:

Staying at the BCV in April! Never been during this time so we're excited to give it a try! :yay:

Stay at Coranado Springs April 26-30! Group of 8 of us, this will be our first time to go in April! We usually go in March but were wanting warmer weather just hoping the crowds aren't bad!

Stay at Coranado Springs April 26-30! Group of 8 of us, this will be our first time to go in April! We usually go in March but were wanting warmer weather just hoping the crowds aren't bad!

We're thinking of Coronado Springs as well, looking to try something different. Has anyone stayed here before?

We're headed down Apr 23-28, based on the least expensive flights out of our closest airport. Nothing is set in stone yet. We were supposed to go visit hub's best friend in Washington State but that isn't panning out. I, the bona fide Disney nut, was trying to talk dh and dd out of Disney in April (I know, I believe I bonked my head somewhere somehow)...I just wanted to do something different. However, here is dh's sound reasoning for Disney: He doesn't have to drive. At all. Nada. Zip. He is a truck driver. :laughing:

So, I'm checking out ADR's and finding tons available, and slinging together plans. I'm staring to get excited....I just worry about dd missing school, but it's only 1 day. It'll all be ok.

:woohoo:

Staying at the GF the week before Easter 4/12-4/19.

I will attending a cardiology conference for 3 of those days until 12pm. I admit to not being a huge Disney fan (compared to to others) but love Disney movies and thought it was time to take my 11 yo daughter for her first WDW experience. I was never too keen on spending thousands of dollars on a vacation but I get a conference rate discount on rooms and I will get comp'd through my work for the room and conference.

Anyone else attending this conference this week?

75 days to go. Getting excited. Looking to book airfare. It' running about $1700 for 3 from the Bay Area. Yikes!

75 days to go. Getting excited. Looking to book airfare. It' running about $1700 for 3 from the Bay Area. Yikes!

I just this morning found airfare at $1000 for 3 of us out of BOS...I've been searching relentlessly for weeks....I figure this is the best I'm going to get, with the most reasonable arrival and departure times. I'm not a fan of arriving at midnight and/or leaving before dawn lol.

Hello everyone and welcome to all the new April Dis'ers! I'm going to jump on and update the list on page 1 tomorrow. I had intended to do it last weekend but my daughter and I both came down with bronchitis! The weekend was a total wash needless to say.

Don't forget to check out the facebook group too! Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/211124869054601/

We'll be at CR from 3/31-4/5!

Yay! It's out first time staying on the monorail...super excited! 1 of my sons fav restaurants is chef mickeys so he'll be so excited to be staying in the same resort as chef mickeys! Are you staying in the tower? We are staying in the tower with the theme park view. I have an 8 month old as well as my 7 yr old so minimal walking in the hotel is a major plus lol

I'll be there with a wedding (my best friend is getting married in the wedding pavilion!) from 4/1 to 4/7. Super excited!! ~(^∇^)~

Yay! It's out first time staying on the monorail...super excited! 1 of my sons fav restaurants is chef mickeys so he'll be so excited to be staying in the same resort as chef mickeys! Are you staying in the tower? We are staying in the tower with the theme park view. I have an 8 month old as well as my 7 yr old so minimal walking in the hotel is a major plus lol

Nope, we're in the Garden Wing. IT's a stretch for $$ so we had to go with economical! (relatively speaking)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter