• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official April 2010 car rental thread

Just canceled my Alamo reservation for 4/9-4/17 for a compact- $293 and re-booked through the Alamo email link for a mid-size (upgraded to a standard w/ coupon code) for $234 :cool1:

I found BCD Code X474200 with Budget over on Flyertalk that people are using. Looks like it comes from Travelocity. You can also use Coupon MUGZ009 for $30.00 off and total with discount reflected upon checkout for minivan is $323.55.

Thank you! I just booked a Mini Van for 2 weeks April 25 - May 9th for $582.41! :cool1: That's saving me $100 from what I had booked!

It's one of those ecoupons so you don't need any paper copy. Just signup for Fastbreak with Budget so you just go directly to car lot for pickup and all you need to do is show driver's licence on way out. They never ask for Costco membership based I my previous rentals. Alamo never ask for it either.

https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/profile/fastbreak.ex

I found a copy of the actual coupon that goes with code MUGZ009 on line. It expired on 12/31/09, and the terms and conditions specifically say it excludes minivans, passenger vans, and specialty vehicles. It is possible they are actually taking it, but I think this may be a big YMMV. I checked the Costco website and it looks like a new coupon code has replaced it - MUGZ029. But the coupon says right on it that it must be used in conjunction with the Costco corporate discount code.

I strictly rent from Budget and love them, but I have never had good luck with coupons. I always enter them into my reservation but they never get taken off at the Fastbreak kiosk unless I bring it to their attention, and show them the actual coupon. I have given up on the car upgrade coupons as I am always told they have no upgrades to give me. The x474200 code gives me a decent rate on a minivan. I may count my blessings and not push it to try and use the coupon code as well.

The rates are so high! I just booked Fl Tours in a stretch and will keep the reservation unless the rental rates drop by $$$. When I used the codes posted, the lowest rate quote that I received for a minivan was $407.00. I can get the limo roundtrip and take cabs everyday for less than that amount.

I found a copy of the actual coupon that goes with code MUGZ009 on line. It expired on 12/31/09, and the terms and conditions specifically say it excludes minivans, passenger vans, and specialty vehicles. It is possible they are actually taking it, but I think this may be a big YMMV. I checked the Costco website and it looks like a new coupon code has replaced it - MUGZ029. But the coupon says right on it that it must be used in conjunction with the Costco corporate discount code.

I strictly rent from Budget and love them, but I have never had good luck with coupons. I always enter them into my reservation but they never get taken off at the Fastbreak kiosk unless I bring it to their attention, and show them the actual coupon. I have given up on the car upgrade coupons as I am always told they have no upgrades to give me. The x474200 code gives me a decent rate on a minivan. I may count my blessings and not push it to try and use the coupon code as well.

Good point on the coupon and never noticed fine print. It's strange that the budget website would allow you to use it with minivan. Most other rental companies would give you a message. I found another coupon for $25.00 from Rentalmomma codes.

http://www.budgetcarrental.com/budget/coupons/25offwkly.html?BCD=X793200&CPN=MUWZ023&logo=1

Good point on the coupon and never noticed fine print. It's strange that the budget website would allow you to use it with minivan. Most other rental companies would give you a message. I found another coupon for $25.00 from Rentalmomma codes.

http://www.budgetcarrental.com/budget/coupons/25offwkly.html?BCD=X793200&CPN=MUWZ023&logo=1

If it is expired, I am surprised the website allows you to apply it at all. Although, I have applied coupons to my reservations at Budget every time, but the worker doesnt even acknowledge them until I show a print out of the coupon and ask them to be applied when picking up the car. It really doesnt do anything to apply it to my reservation ahead of time. I still love Budget though. I always have the smoothest rental experiences with them. (hope I didnt just jinx myself).

Thanks. I am going to switch to this coupon to be safe. From what I can tell there is nothing to print. Is that correct?

I would be interested to hear if people have experience applying coupons to their Budget reservations and dont have to show any sort of coupon when they rent. This has not been the case for me, but I wonder if others have had better luck. Also, are people successful using a coupon that is supposed to be used in conjunction with a BCD # that you have not used for this reservation (i.e. discount from one corp but coupon from another).

I got a minivan at Enterprise for 8 days with a code from Car & Driver, via the Mousesavers site, for $547. The code is for general use anbd is XVC1006. The pin is CAR. No ID needed at check-in.

I got it over a week ago so I hope it is still active. All other sites were oer $1,100 for the same dates.:scared1:

The travelocity code brought my minivan rental down to $409 at Budget for 8 days but I will not use it at this point because I don't know who it is intended for or if ID is needed. I keep googling it but only come up with the information that it's from travelocity.

I'm still hoping for a $199/week special.

We booked our car through Expedia and got a Great Deal. from April 10th to April 17th for only$181.00

I just got a rate of 378.00 for 10 days for a mini van through my Sam's club membership. The rental is through National. My rental starts April 23.

I'm still trying to figure out the Emerald Club... but I"m pretty happy with the rate for the mini van. It is more than we have ever paid before but it looks like that is the way it will be for most things.

Last year we had a one way rental (drive out of Florida deal) for 164.00 for 12 days. We drove home and enjoyed the car all week for cheap)

I just got a rate of 378.00 for 10 days for a mini van through my Sam's club membership. The rental is through National. My rental starts April 23.

I'm still trying to figure out the Emerald Club... but I"m pretty happy with the rate for the mini van. It is more than we have ever paid before but it looks like that is the way it will be for most things.

Last year we had a one way rental (drive out of Florida deal) for 164.00 for 12 days. We drove home and enjoyed the car all week for cheap)

We prefer National and have an emerald club and Sam's membership. Did you go on the Sam's site to get the code?

I booked right on the Sam's Club site. It did all the work for me. So I don't have a code so to speak as it was booked on the Club site.

Seems rates are cheaper the longer you rent. I got a pretty good rate:

This is a guranteed FULL size because we are Executive Aisle members:

Used $40 e-coupon ND1881JDK (pick up by the end of April 2010)

(2) Time & Distance ($142.89/Week) $285.78
Discount Coupon Accepted ($40.00)
Contract ID 5007160
Inclusive Rate Items
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
Unlimited Miles Included

Subtotal $245.78

TOTAL: $338

However, if I try for a 1 week rental (for my daughter who arrives later, the base amount doubles)

I got a midsize from Dollar directly on their website for 165.85 plus taxes etc for a total of 226.61 for Tuesday April 13- Sunday April 18th.

The best I have found so far. Hoping it will be big enough for my family of 4 and our luggage.... (Ford Fusion or similar)

Seems rates are cheaper the longer you rent. I got a pretty good rate:

This is a guranteed FULL size because we are Executive Aisle members:

Used $40 e-coupon ND1881JDK (pick up by the end of April 2010)

(2) Time & Distance ($142.89/Week) $285.78
Discount Coupon Accepted ($40.00)
Contract ID 5007160
Inclusive Rate Items
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
Unlimited Miles Included

Subtotal $245.78

TOTAL: $338

However, if I try for a 1 week rental (for my daughter who arrives later, the base amount doubles)

Yes, it's double for me too as is the quote from Sam's Club. I'm doing a 10 day rental. I guess I'll be holding out longer for a special.

I got a midsize from Dollar directly on their website for 165.85 plus taxes etc for a total of 226.61 for Tuesday April 13- Sunday April 18th.

The best I have found so far. Hoping it will be big enough for my family of 4 and our luggage.... (Ford Fusion or similar)

Using Costco Code 7014627 with Alamo and Coupon for 1 free day AF4499SDY the total for midsize is $191.41 or full size $233.09. It also includes free additional driver. Don't worry if you don't have a membership since they never ask. Checkout using Kiosk and paper coupon not required. Go to garage and pick ull size car and on exit all you show is driver's licence.

Using Costco Code 7014627 with Alamo and Coupon for 1 free day AF4499SDY the total for midsize is $191.41 or full size $233.09. It also includes free additional driver. Don't worry if you don't have a membership since they never ask. Checkout using Kiosk and paper coupon not required. Go to garage and pick ull size car and on exit all you show is driver's licence.

I lowered our previous rental by $5 :goodvibes with these codes $207 for a compact for 10 days. It has come down about $30 since I started looking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter