• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *official and early* April 2009-Anyone?

We're going April 9-17. I feel as though it's going to be here before I know it, and I am so behind in planning. It's so strange not having the 180 day window for dining, but I called and made ressie's this morning. Other than that . . . there's so much to do. Good luck to everyone w/their planning.

We're staying at CSR April 20-27 and I'm getting ready to make a character meal res (I think). I'm still on the fence about a dining plan since we aren't big eaters. I still need to crunch some numbers I guess.

Totally thrilled to be going though!

We are going April 26th~May3rd!!!We are staying at Pop!!It is our first Disney trip!!!!I am so excited!!!!

Booked flight from Toronto, have the condo booked and paid.

Still to do;

Get park passes, make dinner res at Chef Mickeys, Order cake from same.

There's probably more to do, but I have to think about it... lol.

I'm a little sad at the fact that we were suppose to be at Disney today but I am happy that we are able to stay at GF in April ;)

We are down to a bit less than 3 months! But while it seems somewhat close, with the *&@# weather we are having here I hope I can make it. Weather people say we will get 4-5 inches, we get 12, they say we will get 1-2 inches, we get 6. Enough already! Can't wait for April.

Since our kids have been in school we have always gone in April. Have no memories of bug problems.

I hear ya about the weather this winter! Enough with multiple snow storms per week!! All right already with the snow!!

Anyways how are the crowds at WDW in April?

hello, everyone! we're officially going!! yay! just booked w/disney this afternoon!! can't wait! so excited, i don't know how i'd sleep tonight!! :flower:

We just booked the 4/3 deal...that's why we're going earlier than later. Plus it's Spring Break and I'm sure will be busy but that's what you expect :) Besides we'll be there!!!! :)

I hear ya about the weather this winter! Enough with multiple snow storms per week!! All right already with the snow!!

Anyways how are the crowds at WDW in April?

We always go during the kids school break, third week in April. Some years this lines up with easter, some years it does not. But I actually have never noticed much of a difference. It is very crowded no matter whether it is the same time as easter or not. One good thing about being the same as easter is that the parks are open longer. Since this year it will be after easter, the parks are not going to be open as long. But it doesn't matter, we have always had a good time. We take advantage of the morning EMH at most of the parks, get there 15 minutes or so before the opening. We get a lot done in that first hour which makes the rest of the day very managable. We also always buy park hoppers, so we can leave the EMH park if it gets too crowded. The weather is always great, especially after getting through our winter. We can't wait to get there and get out of this cold and snow. Just heard the weather, Sunday will be back to highs in the teens. Yuck.

We are booked for April 25-May 3. Our kids first trip. Had to reschedule to accomodate Space Mountain reopening on 5/1. Hopefully, it will open on time otherwise, DH will never forgive me. :thumbsup2 We are staying offsite. The the 4/3 deal didn't work for us as we have five people.

Haven't bought WDW or Seaworld tickets. Can't seem to find many deals so see no rush on that. Post if anyone finds deals. I found a small deal on Seaworld at Southwest.com with Rapids rewards discount but it's pretty small compared to Seaworld site.

Jenny

We always go during the kids school break, third week in April. Some years this lines up with easter, some years it does not. But I actually have never noticed much of a difference. It is very crowded no matter whether it is the same time as easter or not. One good thing about being the same as easter is that the parks are open longer. Since this year it will be after easter, the parks are not going to be open as long. But it doesn't matter, we have always had a good time. We take advantage of the morning EMH at most of the parks, get there 15 minutes or so before the opening. We get a lot done in that first hour which makes the rest of the day very managable. We also always buy park hoppers, so we can leave the EMH park if it gets too crowded. The weather is always great, especially after getting through our winter. We can't wait to get there and get out of this cold and snow. Just heard the weather, Sunday will be back to highs in the teens. Yuck.

I looked at the EMH's and schedules...Most of the time MK closes pretty late as does DHS. And like you said, the early morning EMH's help as do the late ones too. But to me, I don't really mind the crowds so much, just the experience of being there is enough for me.

We are booked for April 25-May 3. Our kids first trip. Had to reschedule to accomodate Space Mountain reopening on 5/1. Hopefully, it will open on time otherwise, DH will never forgive me. :thumbsup2 We are staying offsite. The the 4/3 deal didn't work for us as we have five people.

Haven't bought WDW or Seaworld tickets. Can't seem to find many deals so see no rush on that. Post if anyone finds deals. I found a small deal on Seaworld at Southwest.com with Rapids rewards discount but it's pretty small compared to Seaworld site.

Jenny

But the 4/3 deal is buy four nights, get three nights free...which includes park tickets and for an additional fee, you get park hoppers instead of just one park a day tickets.

I'm excited to learn SM is opening 5/1 cuz we're there 4/25 - 5/2 ... so yay!! we'll get to go on it!! That's always been one of my favorites esp. if you're lucky enough to get the first seat in the first car.

Have you checked out the Mousesavers/Undercover Tourist prices for WDW tickets? It's a little cheaper than the price at the gates. I believe you have to purchase through the special link in the newsletter, which comes out the 15th of every month. I still have the January one, if you're interested, PM me and I'll PM you the link.

But the 4/3 deal is buy four nights, get three nights free...which includes park tickets and for an additional fee, you get park hoppers instead of just one park a day tickets.

I'm excited to learn SM is opening 5/1 cuz we're there 4/25 - 5/2 ... so yay!! we'll get to go on it!! That's always been one of my favorites esp. if you're lucky enough to get the first seat in the first car.

Have you checked out the Mousesavers/Undercover Tourist prices for WDW tickets? It's a little cheaper than the price at the gates. I believe you have to purchase through the special link in the newsletter, which comes out the 15th of every month. I still have the January one, if you're interested, PM me and I'll PM you the link.

Where did you see Space Mountain is re-opening 5/1? Because what I read it's closing on 4/19 and will be closed until LATE 2009...last night I made my ADR's and I asked the CM--she said it would be closed until LATE 2009...then again :)

Where did you see Space Mountain is re-opening 5/1? Because what I read it's closing on 4/19 and will be closed until LATE 2009...last night I made my ADR's and I asked the CM--she said it would be closed until LATE 2009...then again :)

That is exactly what I had heard too. Space Mountain is closing 4/19 and will not reopen till late 2009.
This is posted on All Ears and was also on here on the Disboards. We are going to be there in early April so DD will get one last ride before the rehab.

That is exactly what I had heard too. Space Mountain is closing 4/19 and will not reopen till late 2009.
This is posted on All Ears and was also on here on the Disboards. We are going to be there in early April so DD will get one last ride before the rehab.

That's the other reason why we're going before it closes for refurb...I knew if we waited until June I'd be SAD!!! Space Mountain is a personal favorite of mine--it may not be much of a coaster, but still a classic.

I thought it was late 2009 as well, but on page 9, "The Luckiest" posted that they rescheduled their trip to accomodate SM reopening on 5-1. :confused3 I hope it's opening on 5-1!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter