• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

jerseygal said:
How are the Night Vision Goggles at AKV?:confused3
Never have done that!
Want to do that in Dec! :santa:

We did the night vision goggles for the first time this past June at Kidani. You stand out on that deck that is right off the lobby. I was very impressed at the quality of the goggles, we could see very well. It was pretty buggy that night so we didn't stay for long but it was pretty cool. I think they had around 8 pair of goggles so gave 1 per family. When we left there were others waiting to use them.

We did the night vision goggles for the first time this past June at Kidani. You stand out on that deck that is right off the lobby. I was very impressed at the quality of the goggles, we could see very well. It was pretty buggy that night so we didn't stay for long but it was pretty cool. I think they had around 8 pair of goggles so gave 1 per family. When we left there were others waiting to use them.

THANKS!:yay:

9C24C044-4DBF-4220-AD8B-EA5F3F3A7830_zpstf49ljdp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Trying again!

AlohaAnnie said:
They are free for DVC, your magic band will get you in to the laundry room for DVC members. I have used both laundry rooms. There are 2 washers in each room and 6 dryers.

The Kidani laundry room is located on the lobby level facing the back toward savanna on your right.

The Jambo laundry room is on the 5th floor, when you get off the elevator turn toward the bridge (to the right) the hallway will veer off to the right and it is just around the corner.

Non-DVC will have to bring quarters and use different laundry facilities intended for them at Jambo.

Good Luck! :)

Thanks for this info. First time using magic bands so now I know location of laundry room and magic band will open door. Stupid question I know but this will be the first time using the laundry room. How does DVC allow free use of laundry rooms versus non member? Just curious trying to understand ins and outs of magic bands. TIA!

Your band is activated to open the door when staying there. I had trouble with my band being activated, last trip, so I know it works. Glad I tried to do laundry prior to going to a park. It was a previously used band, easy fix.

Sur said:
Your band is activated to open the door when staying there. I had trouble with my band being activated, last trip, so I know it works. Glad I tried to do laundry prior to going to a park. It was a previously used band, easy fix.

Thanks...Can't WAIT!

Hi! I just rented points for my parents to stay here for a few days. What room requests should I put in? Close to lobby? Close to bus depot? I hear it is pretty spread out.

Thanks!

If you booked them a savanna view room i would request lower floor. You can see the aninals better IMO

We had 4th floor last time and it was a little high. We booked 3rd floor this time, that's a great view!

Hi! I just rented points for my parents to stay here for a few days. What room requests should I put in? Close to lobby? Close to bus depot? I hear it is pretty spread out.

Thanks!

Do not request lower floor. Jambo DVC rooms are on only the fifth, and for concierge the sixth, floor. Thus, making a floor request is pointless.

You don't say whether you have standard or savanna view. Most standard view rooms at Jambo overlook the pool and none of those are very far from the lobby. thus, if you request pool view, you need not make any other request. There is a small number of standard view rooms that actually have savanna view because they were savanna view rooms now converted to standard. If you were to get one of those, you could end up with a long walk to lobby, pool and bus stop.But you might want one of those to have savanna view. And you might request along Kudo Trail for a chance to get one.

If you have savanna view, you frankly should accept that you could have a room some distance from the lobby and do not request close to lobby or bus stop. The reason is that the savanna view rooms closest to the lobby (and bus stop) do not have the best of savanna views. Being away from the lobby is better. There are a lot of rooms throughout the building with good savanna views. Our preference and usual request at Jambo is overlooking Arusha savanna, the one in the middle of the building, and along Zebra Trail (the right side of the U-shaped building). That side puts you closer to the pool than the other side of the building and most of the rooms face west to avoid blinding sun coming in during the morning.

Do not request lower floor. Jambo DVC rooms are on only the fifth, and for concierge the sixth, floor. Thus, making a floor request is pointless.

You don't say whether you have standard or savanna view. Most standard view rooms at Jambo overlook the pool and none of those are very far from the lobby. thus, if you request pool view, you need not make any other request. There is a small number of standard view rooms that actually have savanna view because they were savanna view rooms now converted to standard. If you were to get one of those, you could end up with a long walk to lobby, pool and bus stop.But you might want one of those to have savanna view. And you might request along Kudo Trail for a chance to get one.

If you have savanna view, you frankly should accept that you could have a room some distance from the lobby and do not request close to lobby or bus stop. The reason is that the savanna view rooms closest to the lobby (and bus stop) do not have the best of savanna views. Being away from the lobby is better. There are a lot of rooms throughout the building with good savanna views. Our preference and usual request at Jambo is overlooking Arusha savanna, the one in the middle of the building, and along Zebra Trail (the right side of the U-shaped building). That side puts you closer to the pool than the other side of the building and most of the rooms face west to avoid blinding sun coming in during the morning.

Thanks - we do have a savanna view so I'll rake your recommendation and request Arusha view.

What type of washing powder can you use in the washing machine (liquid or tablets). We have children with sensitive skin so can't use what they leave.

What type of washing powder can you use in the washing machine (liquid or tablets). We have children with sensitive skin so can't use what they leave.

They are normal washer machines (non HFE), just the stackable version so a bit smaller. Just bring whatever you use from home and it will work fine.

They are normal washer machines (non HFE), just the stackable version so a bit smaller. Just bring whatever you use from home and it will work fine.

Thank you for the reply. We are coming from the UK and I have read that some machines only work with tablets.

Thank you for the reply. We are coming from the UK and I have read that some machines only work with tablets.
Hi we take the
Liquid tabs with us and have no issues. The tablets im sure will be fine. We are also from uk . We also take comfort.

There are two savannas correct? I know one has giraffe and the other doesn't. Can someone please clarify? I would like to add it to me room request. Thanks!

There are two savannas correct? I know one has giraffe and the other doesn't. Can someone please clarify? I would like to add it to me room request. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter