• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

We are staying in 1BR std view kidani. It will be me, dd13 and ds10. We've never stayed in std view at kidani. What should we expect as a view? The kids chose AKL over OKW and SSR. Kids opted for std view to save points for another trip but I keep second guessing choice to not get savannah view. Any advice on room requests? Thanks

We are staying in 1BR std view kidani. It will be me, dd13 and ds10. We've never stayed in std view at kidani. What should we expect as a view? The kids chose AKL over OKW and SSR. Kids opted for std view to save points for another trip but I keep second guessing choice to not get savannah view. Any advice on room requests? Thanks

We've been spoiled by the savanna view rooms, and now are to the point that if we don't have one we know what we're missing. However, having stayed in a standard room -once- I have to say that our main entrance view was not bad at all. We were more focused on the sky and garden right in front of the room (2nd floor) than the coming and going of cars and ME buses. I just missed the zebra and giraffe.

I don't think I'd have liked a room higher up. If I were you I'd request low floor, close to lobby.

We are trying to get into Kidani or Jambo the first week of December.

Does anyone know if the odds are better waitlisting a 2BR or GV? I suspect 2BR since there are a lot more. How about lock-off vs. dedicated? My guess is lock-off.

I realize sometimes it is luck of the draw, but I'm trying to go with the best odds. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Waitlist 2BR, preferably savanna view which has about 76% of all rooms. You can have two wait lists so suggest you do one for a dedicated 2BR at Kidani (chances for dedicated are better than lock-off because with lock-off you are competing on the wait list with everyone looking for a studio or 1BR and not just a 2BR) and one for a lock-off at either Kidani or Jambo (Jambo has only lock-offs).If you really want a grand villa you might consider waitlisting a 2BR dedicated at Kidani and a GV at Kidani (it has more GVs than Jambo)

Waitlist 2BR, preferably savanna view which has about 76% of all rooms. You can have two wait lists so suggest you do one for a dedicated 2BR at Kidani (chances for dedicated are better than lock-off because with lock-off you are competing on the wait list with everyone looking for a studio or 1BR and not just a 2BR) and one for a lock-off at either Kidani or Jambo (Jambo has only lock-offs).If you really want a grand villa you might consider waitlisting a 2BR dedicated at Kidani and a GV at Kidani (it has more GVs than Jambo)

Thank you!!! Better odds is more important to me than GV vs. 2BR, so it sounds like waitlist for a dedicated 2BR Kidani and a lockoff 2BR Kidani. Thanks again for the advice, especially on the dedicated strategy.

Single digit dance for us today! This will be our first trip as owners and staying at our home resort !

1971DBday said:
Single digit dance for us today! This will be our first trip as owners and staying at our home resort !

Us too! Single digits for us today and this is our first trip as owners at AKV as well. See you there!!!

How many value 2BRs are there at AKV? I am an owner and plan to book 4 nights for Aug 2015 and will book right at 11 months out. What should be my plan of attack? I am also booking 4 nights at BVW in a 2BR- standard view (also owner there). Dates will be Aug 5-9 (AKV) and Aug 9-13 (BWV). Should I walk and how do I do that?

ETA: IF we did savannah view, would Jambo or Kidani be better...had Kidani savannah view before and it was nice but mostly big horned type fellas is all that came close to our balcony.

How many value 2BRs are there at AKV? I am an owner and plan to book 4 nights for Aug 2015 and will book right at 11 months out. What should be my plan of attack? I am also booking 4 nights at BVW in a 2BR- standard view (also owner there). Dates will be Aug 5-9 (AKV) and Aug 9-13 (BWV). Should I walk and how do I do that?

ETA: IF we did savannah view, would Jambo or Kidani be better...had Kidani savannah view before and it was nice but mostly big horned type fellas is all that came close to our balcony.

I think a BW standard view would be much harder to get than any AKL except the value and club rooms. Assuming you have home contracts at both with enough points (do you??), at 11 months out, you could book the BW room from Aug 5-12, next day call to add Aug 13, and then call to switch the Aug 5-9 days to AKV. I think that would work.

Regarding your Savanna question, if you've already done Kidani, you might want to try Jambo just for something different. We plan to alternate. Keep in mind you lose the extra bathroom in the 1BR portion at Jambo, if that is important.
Enjoy!

I think a BW standard view would be much harder to get than any AKL except the value and club rooms. Assuming you have home contracts at both with enough points (do you??), at 11 months out, you could book the BW room from Aug 5-12, next day call to add Aug 13, and then call to switch the Aug 5-9 days to AKV. I think that would work.

Regarding your Savanna question, if you've already done Kidani, you might want to try Jambo just for something different. We plan to alternate. Keep in mind you lose the extra bathroom in the 1BR portion at Jambo, if that is important.
Enjoy!
Thanks!
Well, we will have 4 teens with us so I think that extra bathroom is probably the way to go...so savannah view at Kidani will be best (and I don't have to stress about being able to grab that). I only have enough BWV and AKV points to book 4 nights at each.

Im sure this has been asked on here, so I apologize ahead:duck:

We will be arriving at Orl. Sanford airport around 5:15pm, short trip so we will have bags in hand, no waiting for baggage, get a rental car, and head down 417 to AKL. I know there is a super walmart along the way not far off 417 we have been to before, but wondering if there is a grocery store or similar closer to AKL.

I saw on a map a super target off 192 just past AKL but the map cuts off so it doesnt show where it truly is. We est. we will be arriving at AKL by 6:30 with a FP at Seven Dwarves Mine ride from 7-8pm(the latest possible time avail.)that we would really like to make if we can.

So, any advice on a close place to grab a few groceries?

I saw on a map a super target off 192 just past AKL but the map cuts off so it doesnt show where it truly is. We est. we will be arriving at AKL by 6:30 with a FP at Seven Dwarves Mine ride from 7-8pm(the latest possible time avail.)that we would really like to make if we can.

The Super Target is very easy to get to~ we have gone from AKL to Target several times. There's a back entrance onto Disney property. Map it from the airport to Target, then to AKL.. Target is at 3200 Rolling Oaks Blvd. Kissimmee. My GPS says it's 3.8 miles, 10 minutes.

The Super Target is very easy to get to~ we have gone from AKL to Target several times. There's a back entrance onto Disney property. Map it from the airport to Target, then to AKL.. Target is at 3200 Rolling Oaks Blvd. Kissimmee. My GPS says it's 3.8 miles, 10 minutes.

There is also a Publix across the road from Target. If you look at google maps and zoom out you'll see if a walkway existed (it does not) it would be a rather easy walk to either, straight out from the Jambo parking lot. Disney keeps the resort isolated by making us take the long way around and out through the lights (fine by me!)

Just received an email about checkin and being able to bypass the front desk. I know this is in a testing stage but wasn't sure if this was new to AKV:

You've completed your Disney Resort hotel online check-in service.

And now, for a limited time, you may be able to skip the online check-in area at the front desk when you arrive.

Since your all-in-one MagicBand has been shipped to your home and is also your Disney Resort room key, you may head straight to your room or even the Parks (if you linked Theme Park admission to your MagicBands). It's a quick and easy way to start the magic the moment you arrive!

Simply complete your online check-in with:
• Your estimated Resort arrival and departure times
• A credit card you want to use for incidentals and other charges
• Your mobile phone number and/or email address
Don't forget to opt in for message alerts so we can text or email you on the day of your arrival with your room number. Our Bell Services team will be ready to assist you with your luggage upon arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter