***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

7 days from right about now, we will be staying at Kidani for our first stay ever at AKL. Studio Savannah view, we are excited as our home resort is Beach Club so looking forward to a new atmosphere.

Do not forget to sit by the fire pit outside in the savanah off the loby at night. Who needs fireworks lol.

Had my first AKV stay and it was great!

I had a standard studio view of a parking lot and basketball courts. Not a great view, but my fault for late planning. The room was clean and I loved the decor.

I was only there for 3 days so there was no way I could pack in all the resort had to offer. I tried the continental breakfast one morning due to time constraints. They had bagels, muffins, danish, cereal, juices, coffee, and tea.

One of the highlights of the trip was the evening presentation in the viewing room off the lobby. I learned so much about south Africa and saw an amazing slide show presentation. The guides that work at the hotel (and AKL) were very interesting and amazing to talk too. They answered any questions we had. It was truly a great evening. I would highly suggest attending the presentation one evening.

I didn't eat at Sanaa this time. Had my mother with me and wasnt sure if she would like the food.

All in all it is a wondeful resort and I am happy that it is my home!!!:cloud9:

Thank you for your report! I also recommend the evening talk by a cast member.:thumbsup2 I've learned a lot, and the CMs are so personable! I'm glad you had such a nice time. I have eaten at Sanaa, and didn't enjoy it as much as others here. It's mentioned that spicy doesn't mean "hot" but that's the way it came across to me. I'm glad I tried it, though.

Thank you for your report! I also recommend the evening talk by a cast member.:thumbsup2 I've learned a lot, and the CMs are so personable! I'm glad you had such a nice time. I have eaten at Sanaa, and didn't enjoy it as much as others here. It's mentioned that spicy doesn't mean "hot" but that's the way it came across to me. I'm glad I tried it, though.

I agree! The CM's were just fantastic at the resort!!! I enjoy meeting folks from other countries because it is just so interesting to learn about their culture and remind us how wonderful we have it in America! One of the CM's is an actual safari guide in South Africa so who knows, maybe one day I will be able to go on his tours!

I will probably try Sanaa at some point but I do get nervous about trying new foods as my stomach doesn't always like to be daring ;)

We just booked a 7 night stay in March (10th - 17th) for 9 of us (4 adults & 5 Kids 8 yrs. and under) at Kidani Village. First time at Kidani...DH and I were at AKL once just after it opened. Looking forward to learning about the special things about AKV.

Brand new AKV owner here! Just booked our first AKV vacation at Jambo House for July 2012! I'm so excited to stay there! :mickeyjum

Brand new AKV owner here! Just booked our first AKV vacation at Jambo House for July 2012! I'm so excited to stay there! :mickeyjum

Congrats! and WELCOME HOME! You're going to love it. I'm tossing around changing our May trip to July too - Love it in the summer.

Have you stayed at AKL/V before?

Congrats! and WELCOME HOME! You're going to love it. I'm tossing around changing our May trip to July too - Love it in the summer.

Have you stayed at AKL/V before?

Nope, we have only been to Disney once and LOVED the whole place. We went on the DVC tour and loved the pics and model of AKV, so decided to buy there. It sounds great though! And my kids LOVE animals (we frequent zoos!) and are excited at the possibility of seeing animals walking around on the savanna!

Nope, we have only been to Disney once and LOVED the whole place. We went on the DVC tour and loved the pics and model of AKV, so decided to buy there. It sounds great though! And my kids LOVE animals (we frequent zoos!) and are excited at the possibility of seeing animals walking around on the savanna!

I think you made a great choice!!!:thumbsup2 While I love all of WDW and am sure I will like each resort (haven't stayed at too many yet) the AKV are magical! There is truly no other hotel in the world like it. Where else can you see animals grazing all day from a balcony. They are amazing! I could watch them all day. The rest of the resort is great too. THere is so much to do and so many ways to relax! Welcome home!!!:)

Hello all! So we've just purchased our first DVC points. We actually went through Disney. We were on a cruise and the incentives were pretty great. I made the decision onboard knowing I had 10 days to do some(more) due diligence. :surfweb:

I had looked about 5 or 6 years ago at SSR and we'd decided to pass...ah regret! I've always wanted to join, but knew hubby wouldn't go for it. On the cruise, however, I got more info, plus our daughter (12) is old enough to give her input. After going through all the numbers and advantages, we're in!! I'm waiting on our package to arrive on Thursday. Woohoo!! :woohoo:

So, 220 pts at AKV! Lots of points to play with, trade or rent. I'm super excited!!! Oh, and they broke the deeds into two 110 pt contracts so they'd be easier to sell if wanted later.

Well, I guess I'm home now! :dance3:

Hello all! So we've just purchased our first DVC points. We actually went through Disney. We were on a cruise and the incentives were pretty great. I made the decision onboard knowing I had 10 days to do some(more) due diligence. :surfweb:

I had looked about 5 or 6 years ago at SSR and we'd decided to pass...ah regret! I've always wanted to join, but knew hubby wouldn't go for it. On the cruise, however, I got more info, plus our daughter (12) is old enough to give her input. After going through all the numbers and advantages, we're in!! I'm waiting on our package to arrive on Thursday. Woohoo!! :woohoo:

So, 220 pts at AKV! Lots of points to play with, trade or rent. I'm super excited!!! Oh, and they broke the deeds into two 110 pt contracts so they'd be easier to sell if wanted later.

Welcome home! Can't beat those deals on the cruise. We have bought additional points on two of them so far. Can never have enough points!

Congratulations!! I love that you obviously did your homework before you bought...congrats on that too! Enjoy you new home!

Welcome Home!

Welcome home Winksst!:cool1:

Ahhhh, youth....thinking you have enough points:lmao:
Soon, you will notice the itch and the beginnings of Addonitis!:goodvibes

Just got word that seller accepted my offer for 150 pts at AKV. Hope to check out my new home in june.:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter