***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Can I join???:cool1: We just purchased 100pts last week.:banana:

We rented points and stayed at a value studio and just fell in love. Our view of the pool was awesome and I think I always want to stay in a value.

However, we are staying at Kidani in November. We are using our 2009 points for 2 standard view studios. This will be our shortest trip but we have never seen any of the Christmas decor and can't wait.

I have only 2 questions(for now,:rotfl:) at Jambo house I walked down the hall to the wash room. How far is the laundry at Kidani? Is it free to DVC members?

TIA

Welcome!!!! I was in a 1 BR at Kidani so that I don't know where the laundry room is (or are). But I can tell you that they will be free.

Welcome!!!! I was in a 1 BR at Kidani so that I don't know where the laundry room is (or are). But I can tell you that they will be free.

I was thinking there is a washer and dryer in the unit. I didn't check, but I know Old Key West has them....

we are in a 2bdroom savanah view...

so no washer and dryer.

We also managed to score a whole week in a CL Studio at Jambo AKV for next April and hoping to do the special safari tour.

So, I have a couple of questions before our first trip "home":
- My camera happy DH is so excited for the Savanna View, and can't wait to see giraffes. Which Savannas (both Jambo and Kidani) have giraffes and which ones don't?
- We have booked dinners at Jiko and Sanaa and breakfast at Boma, just to get a "taste" of the whole resort :) We've done dinner at Boma before. What's not to be missed at these restaurants?
- We have lots of plans for the weekend but on Memorial Day, weather permitting, we were thinking of hanging out at the resort for most of the day. Do you think there will be kids/family activities on a holiday?

Thanks for your help so far everyone, and we're so excited to join as owners!

PS-where do I get the AKV avatar? I'm looking and can't find it!

Oh the sunrise safari is wonderful! do NOT miss it when you have the opportunity.:banana:
As for the giraffes, I think there is only 1 savanah that doesn't have them (but that one has the Opalki). You can always walk out from the back of either resort and be right by the savanah, so if you don't see them from your room, they are pretty easy to get to. They are inside for a little while in the morning for feeding and medical checkups.
We've only done Boma, but we love it. I'm sure they will have activities over the holiday.

I was thinking there is a washer and dryer in the unit. I didn't check, but I know Old Key West has them....

so no washer and dryer.

You should be all set.

This was in regards to my question about the laundry room if staying in a studio. Just wondering if anyone had used them or knew where they were located.

You should be all set.

This was in regards to my question about the laundry room if staying in a studio. Just wondering if anyone had used them or knew where they were located.

Hi miprender, I missed your question...

The laundry room is located close to the lobby of Kidani, right near the community center and arcade. You can use the machines for free if you are a member staying on points (which it sounds like you are.)

Welcome new members! You'll love your new home away from home! :cheer2:

so no washer and dryer.

As long as you are in a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom, then you will have the washer & dryer in the room.

All of my paperwork finally came!!!! YAY!!!!!! :cool1: It's really real, we're members!!:banana::banana:

(we aren't telling most of our friends or family about this right now, so I need to celebrate here! hehe :laughing: )

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We've only been members for 1 year and I have to say it was the best thing we've ever, ever done! We took our first trip "home" last September and we're booked at the Grand Californian for a week, the first week in October! Very happy for you!!!:dance3::dance3:

When we visited Kidani briefly last fall, it appeared that the only way to the pool was straight out the front lobby door and past the parking area. There must be another, less "public", pathway. Where is it and is it easy to use? It makes no sense for all pool-goers to have to trudge through the main lobby to make their way back to their rooms???

My husband and I visited last September and I did do alot of "nosing" around and didn't find any other way into the hotel from the pool, than right through the lobby. If someone else found a better way, I'd love to hear it too! At first it seemed weird, but I quickly got used to it and used it as a time to fill up my mug in the gift shop! Only wish they had those mango margheritas in the drink dispensers! LOL!:rotfl:

My husband and I visited last September and I did do alot of "nosing" around and didn't find any other way into the hotel from the pool, than right through the lobby. If someone else found a better way, I'd love to hear it too! At first it seemed weird, but I quickly got used to it and used it as a time to fill up my mug in the gift shop! Only wish they had those mango margheritas in the drink dispensers! LOL!:rotfl:

We were at Kidani over July 4th last summer, and NEVER went to the pool via the lobby. We took the Rafiki elevator down to the ground floor parking, then a very short walk out the parking garage and right through the gate into the pool area.

The resort wasn't quite finished at the time, but we were on the pool side of the lobby. Now that it is all open, I'm guessing whatever elevator is further down will allow you to do the same thing. If you are on the Jambo end of the resort, you should be able to just walk the hallway until you get to the Rafiki elevator and go from there without passing through the lobby (unless you are on the second floor of course).

Can I join???:cool1: We just purchased 100pts last week.:banana:

We rented points and stayed at a value studio and just fell in love. Our view of the pool was awesome and I think I always want to stay in a value.

However, we are staying at Kidani in November. We are using our 2009 points for 2 standard view studios. This will be our shortest trip but we have never seen any of the Christmas decor and can't wait.

I have only 2 questions(for now,:rotfl:) at Jambo house I walked down the hall to the wash room. How far is the laundry at Kidani? Is it free to DVC members?

TIA

:welcome: and Congratulations:cool1:
Yay another one from the littlest state :banana:

In checking the available standard studio dates for Dec. 19-26 for my sister, I see that she would have to wait list for Kidani, but not Jambo right now. We can still get the 1BR Savannah we want at Kidani, so what are the chances of her getting off the Kidani wait list for the studio since we are still 6 months out?

Thanks.:confused3

Many thanks to Harlemgirl720 for pointing me towards this thread. We are owners and big fans of Kidani! Looking forward to reading up on your views.

I just learned my first lesson about Kidani. Don't be stingy on points..book the savannah view. I booked standard view and totally regretted it once we got there.

I just learned my first lesson about Kidani. Don't be stingy on points..book the savannah view. I booked standard view and totally regretted it once we got there.

Were you able to upgrade?. We made sure when we bought the points at Kidani that we budgeted for the savannah view. Stayed in a 2 bed last year and it was wonderful!

Were your regrets based on the quality of the room or because you would rather have been on the savannah once you got there???

We just returned from a 7 day 2 bedroom lockoff sunset savanah view. It was wonderful. I hated using all those points, but boy I would have been kicking myself in the rear had I booked standard.

Plus, the ability to have 3 bathrooms was wonderful at well.

Well I was trying to save points so I booked the standard view. We were providing a one bedroom for my best friend too, plus we had 2 nights at BLT prior to Kidani. Our standard view at BLT was great..the fountain and pool..loved it. The view of the parking lot at Kidani was just awful. I intended to just not pay attention to it, but I had to keep the drapes open for light since the villa was so dark and the parking space lines could be seen through the sheers. If it had been just our family I would have asked to switch, but it would be unfair to leave her with the crappy view and I didn't have enough points to get us both a savannah view. The style of the villa was awesome and the savannah view would have been a perfect match I bet!

Thanks for bringing this thread up to front page again, haven't seen it in a while. I'm glad you mentioned how the view impeded your enjoyment at kidani. I'll likely book the Savanna view when ever I stay there to avoid being driven to distraction.:laughing:

I cannot wait to have our first stay at AKV Jambo this December!!! Time is going by ultra sloooooooow. Ever since the first time I first stepped foot in that mind bogglingly gorgeous place on our first trip (to eat at Boma), I have been completely smitten and I feel the same exact way I felt the first time I saw it, each time I visit it. I never will get over how spectacular AKL is.

The second they announced sales, we bought in. I could not believe they were doing DVC there. I've been trying to stay there since then. First time I booked mom decided to actually take us to Africa that year instead. Second time had to change my dates and it was gone. 3rd time curiosity about BLT got the best of me and I was able to book a standard for our dates so I kept it but put my mom at AKV Jambo and she was in heaven as was I when we visited her and picked her up from there. This time we are locked in 5 nights THV and 5 nights Jambo) and I am darn near besides myself with glee!!!:banana:

Although my first love is Jambo, I fell in love with Kidani and so did my mom when we visited last year (she's staying there this year). It truly is a beautiful, exclusive and private feeling resort.:love: I am so glad we have the option of staying at both these phenomenal places.:wizard:

I dont know if ill get a savanah view next time. I was at kidani in may and the animals were very rarely by my balcony. we spent most of our animal viewing time at the main lobby viewing area by the fire pit.

I completely agree! I tried a trip without savannah view to save points and for me at least, never again! I really love the animals, even if I only see them about an hour a day, I think its worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter