• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

This October, we are finally going to be able to stay at AKL as owners (stayed twice before), and we were wondering if anyone else from this thread would be there at the same time.
The reason?
We would like to rent the Magic Kingdom Fireworks cruise but the cruise costs $150 for the entire boat, we have 4 people and would like to know if anyone would want to share the cost. The boat holds 10 people, so each person would be $15.
Am I giving bad information, or has anyone else done this?

This October, we are finally going to be able to stay at AKL as owners (stayed twice before), and we were wondering if anyone else from this thread would be there at the same time.
The reason?
We would like to rent the Magic Kingdom Fireworks cruise but the cruise costs $150 for the entire boat, we have 4 people and would like to know if anyone would want to share the cost. The boat holds 10 people, so each person would be $15.
Am I giving bad information, or has anyone else done this?

What are your dates?

we are flying in oct 11 (sat) in the evening, and leaving sat morning, Oct 18.
we wanted to do this on friday night to end our vacation with a "bang" but we are willing to change if need be.

We'll be there from 10/3 to 10/13. So that wouldn't work for us. :sad1:

Can anyone tell me what I can expect as far as dishes, flatware, glassware in an AKV studio? I heard most of it is paper/plastic? If that's the case, is there enough for a week? How do we get more? We'll be there in January. Thanks![/COLOR]

I booked my first trip to my home last week. We'll be at AKV from 5/30-6/5 next year. I'll be calling on 8/10 to switch to Kidani. I did a little dance at the mailboz yesterday when I got the confirmation letter in the mail.

After years of thinking about it, we decided to become members. :thumbsup2We bought at AKL, I can't wait to stay. We have such a long time, we stayed last week off site and view the model. We fell in love with the place, so me and dh are planning a trip for Dec. 09. I love this site, everyone is so helpful. :rotfl: :rotfl: :love:

After a tour of the preview rooms of the new Kidani Village last week we finally took the plunge and bought!!!! I am so excited I can't wait for our first visit, probably for my daughter's BD in August 09. In the meantime the hubby and I will visit the world and use our developer points to stay at SSR. Anyway just had to add my adoration of AKV and how happy I am to be part of the AKV family!!! Hope to meet some of you there!

Congratulations & Welcome Home! :welcome: party:

I just found out today that my wait list for two days in mid-August came thru. I am booked in a standard view studio at AKL. I have never stayed there before (home property is VWL) and I think two days is perfect to find out if I really like AKL. From reading this thread, I think my view is of the pool. The pictures look great. I am spending 4 nights in VB and then 2 days at WDW. After all, it is on the way back to MCO! Most of the two days will be spent in the parks. I am open to any advice/guidance the AKL experts can suggest for ways to learn about the property and things to do. I plan on eating at Jiko. I have dined there before and loved it. BTW, this is a solo trip.

I know there was glasses in the studio when we were there in June but I did not pay attention to anything else. DH used one glass and we had bottled drinks and never ate anything in the room.
Can anyone tell me what I can expect as far as dishes, flatware, glassware in an AKV studio? I heard most of it is paper/plastic? If that's the case, is there enough for a week? How do we get more? We'll be there in January. Thanks![/COLOR]

I will be there in 36 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo: I do not think I have ever needed a vacation so badly!! I love AKV!!!:cheer2:

Have a GREAT time and make sure you fill us in with pics and reports when you get back!:banana:

I will be there in 36 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo: I do not think I have ever needed a vacation so badly!! I love AKV!!!:cheer2:

Oh I am so very envious... have a wonderful time. We're now at 105 days til our WDW trip.

BUT...we'll be at DLR in 10 days - staying at the DL Hotel, and we'll be viewing the finally opened models of VCG while there! DW has already agreed that we need to add-on there when they go on sale before we add-on more at AKV - but when we're finally on-site at WDW again, I'm pretty sure the add-on at AKV will happen. ;)

Does anybody know how far the Jambo portion and the Kidani portion will be from each other? That is, if you stay in Jambo could you reasonably expect to use things like the pool over in Kidani. I have two little kids so a nice leisurely walk for an adult may not be such a good idea for us! Just trying to plan for our trip next summer. I'd love to try concierge but really want to check out Kidani. What to do?? Such problems :rotfl:

Does anybody know how far the Jambo portion and the Kidani portion will be from each other? That is, if you stay in Jambo could you reasonably expect to use things like the pool over in Kidani. I have two little kids so a nice leisurely walk for an adult may not be such a good idea for us! Just trying to plan for our trip next summer. I'd love to try concierge but really want to check out Kidani. What to do?? Such problems :rotfl:
From the main entrance of one building to the main entrance of the other will be about half a mile. Kidani's pool will be a bit beyond the front entrance. I don't know if there is a way out of Jambo House along the Ostrich Trail but if there is, that would make for a slightly shorter walk for someone staying in Value villa in that section but for the majority of those staying in Jambo House, they would be exiting via the main entrance.

i want to stay here so badly but i think i am going to get out-voted again. it seems that m DW really wants to stay at WLV next trip so AKV will have to wait.

i am going to tell them that the next next trip will be here.

Have you considered staying at both? :confused3 We just did that and spent half our time at VWL and half at AKV! It was GREAT!!

Has anyone heard if some of the Savanah view rooms are facing the new construction? We have a trip coming up in 85 days, and we would hate to be put in a room where all we saw was construction out our window.

Has anyone heard if some of the Savanah view rooms are facing the new construction? We have a trip coming up in 85 days, and we would hate to be put in a room where all we saw was construction out our window.

Are you staying at AKL or AKV? At AKL, I think that they changed the status of the rooms facing the construction to standard view until the construction complete. At AKV, there are rooms that face the construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter