• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Not trying to change the current subject, but who can't wait for Kidani Village to get finished? I mean really, I'm too excited!

I am! I'm hoping to book something for a 4th of July visit! I'm willing to give up a customary fall trip for a little taste of Kidani then!:banana:

Bobbi:)

Not trying to change the current subject, but who can't wait for Kidani Village to get finished? I mean really, I'm too excited!
I certainly am. We have a trip planned for January 1-4 and I'm hoping they are far enough ahead of schedule that part of Kidani will be open by then and we will get lucky enough to be able to choose to stay there instead of Jambo House (not anything against it, just it would be nice to be one of the first to stay in our new home and put some pics out there for everyone to see). Plus, our current ressie is for a 2 BR Savanna view and it would be nice if things are a little more settled with the construction picture.

When we bought into DVC I bought SSR, which is great-but when I saw AKL...I knew I had to have it. I love the decor-the grand lobby-similar to WL, which I love and the rooms are decorated to my preference-woodsy and warm! So we tagged on 65 points!

When we bought into DVC I bought SSR, which is great-but when I saw AKL...I knew I had to have it. I love the decor-the grand lobby-similar to WL, which I love and the rooms are decorated to my preference-woodsy and warm! So we tagged on 65 points!

Same here. AKL is our 2nd favorite resort on property behind the Poly. AKL/AKV has to be one of the most unique resorts in the world. Where else can you get animals and a savanna outside your room.

The more I look through this thread the more I want to add on. I'd better exit. :laughing:

:thumbsup2 Very cool - congrats.

Sooooo :banana: !!!!

DW and I decided this morning to take DD next year for her 5th B-day, then went on DVCnews.com and found out we'll be able to get in at Kidani Village to get the 2nd bathroom in our 1BR we plan on staying in!!!!!!!

Can't wait!!!

If you haven't read/heard:

Kidani Village can start being booked by AKV owners on August 10, 2008 for stays beginning May 1, 2009; all other members can make ressies at the 7 month mark thereafter (which would be October 1, 2008).

Kidani Village can start being booked by AKV owners on August 10, 2008 for stays beginning May 1, 2009; all other members can make ressies at the 7 month mark thereafter (which would be October 1, 2008).

I was so excited to see this this morning. It was the first thing listed in my RSS feeds this morning. They must believe that they are right on or ahead of schedule to be able to start this booking.

We are looking into DVC @ AKV and taking a trip down in January to check everything out. We're hoping to stay in a standard studio. I thought I read somewhere that all of those are pool views, but CRO said they are only parking or landscape views? Can any of you AKV gurus please help me get it straight before I make (or try to make) my ressie? Thanks so much!

We are looking into DVC @ AKV and taking a trip down in January to check everything out. We're hoping to stay in a standard studio. I thought I read somewhere that all of those are pool views, but CRO said they are only parking or landscape views? Can any of you AKV gurus please help me get it straight before I make (or try to make) my ressie? Thanks so much!

A standard guest room at the lodge is a parking lot or garden view. A standard DVC studio there has a pool view. These are at Jambo house. The only DVC rooms at Jambo that have a parking lot view are 20% of the value rooms.

If you haven't read/heard:

I have concierge reserved for May 2009, so no Kidani for me that month- I'll have to wait until the family trip in Nov 09- it really is going to be so awesome!!!:thumbsup2

A standard guest room at the lodge is a parking lot or garden view. A standard DVC studio there has a pool view. These are at Jambo house. The only DVC rooms at Jambo that have a parking lot view are 20% of the value rooms.

Thanks so much for the quick reply! I was right (for a change :laughing: ).

Thanks so much for the quick reply! I was right (for a change :laughing: ).
Part of the confusion is that by definition AKV's Standard View rooms will face a pool, garden or parking lot. As it happens, all of the Standard View rooms in Jambo House face the pool but that's not the case in Kidani Village where the Standard View rooms could have a view of a pool, garden or parking lot.

Okay, here is one thing it seems I've read different things about concerning AKV. What is the situation with parking for Kidani? It seems somewhere I read that parking might be under the building (first floor). I was looking at a construction picture on the DVC site from the far side. Since it looks like Kidani is a bunch of buildings linked together to make the inverted 3 shape, instead of one continuous run out from the lobby, it makes it seem that this may be the case for parking.

Does anyone know for sure if all parking will be in a big lot so entry for everyone is through the lobby, or will each "building" in the Kidani complex have parking underneath for the guests of that building? This would eliminate the long hallway walks that some have spoken of with certain trails in AKL.

After years of thinking about it, we decided to become members. :thumbsup2We bought at AKL, I can't wait to stay. We have such a long time, we stayed last week off site and view the model. We fell in love with the place, so me and dh are planning a trip for Dec. 09. I love this site, everyone is so helpful. :rotfl: :rotfl: :love:

After years of thinking about it, we decided to become members. :thumbsup2We bought at AKL, I can't wait to stay. We have such a long time, we stayed last week off site and view the model. We fell in love with the place, so me and dh are planning a trip for Dec. 09. I love this site, everyone is so helpful. :rotfl: :rotfl: :love:

Congratulations!!!

After a tour of the preview rooms of the new Kidani Village last week we finally took the plunge and bought!!!! I am so excited I can't wait for our first visit, probably for my daughter's BD in August 09. In the meantime the hubby and I will visit the world and use our developer points to stay at SSR. Anyway just had to add my adoration of AKV and how happy I am to be part of the AKV family!!! Hope to meet some of you there!

After a tour of the preview rooms of the new Kidani Village last week we finally took the plunge and bought!!!! I am so excited I can't wait for our first visit, probably for my daughter's BD in August 09. In the meantime the hubby and I will visit the world and use our developer points to stay at SSR. Anyway just had to add my adoration of AKV and how happy I am to be part of the AKV family!!! Hope to meet some of you there!

Congratulations!!!!

Congrats and Welcome Home, Neighbor!!!

Congrats! That's awesome. Welcome Home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter