***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

I think I heard DVC is only on 5th floor as well?

Yes, DVC is on the 5th floor at Jambo although they also have the 6th floor but that is only the 5 concierge 2 BRs lockoffs. Jambo standard, savannah and value rooms are on the 5th.

Does any one know what the current Quick Service options at the Maja Pool Bar are? I've looked at the menu online via the Disney site and it looks to be hot dogs, etc...., but I'm curious as to whether the Bento box option is still available? Thanks!

My family and I will be staying at Kidani Village for the first time July 5-10th. I was just wondering, how far of a walk is it actually to the Jambo House or how inconvenient is it to get there for the quick service restaurant? Also what would be the best option for a room request? We know we want to be close to the lobby but I feel like we may need to be much more specific than that to ensure we get that. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!!

My family and I will be staying at Kidani Village for the first time July 5-10th. I was just wondering, how far of a walk is it actually to the Jambo House or how inconvenient is it to get there for the quick service restaurant? Also what would be the best option for a room request? We know we want to be close to the lobby but I feel like we may need to be much more specific than that to ensure we get that. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Walking from both resorts is about 7 minutes or so for us. They also have a shuttle van that goes back and forth every 10 minutes or so. If you want to be close to the lobby I think you can request that and that should be fine. I never minded walking the length of the resort...its beautiful! Have a great time!

We check into Kidani this Friday and I have a couple of questions. Since there is not a cleaning service every day, what do we do with our trash? Also, how far is the closest grocery store? On the map it looks like maybe ten minutes?? Thank you!

We check into Kidani this Friday and I have a couple of questions. Since there is not a cleaning service every day, what do we do with our trash? Also, how far is the closest grocery store? On the map it looks like maybe ten minutes?? Thank you!

Hi David,

There are trash room dispersed throughout the resort, just ask the front desk and they'll highlight the closest one for you on the map.

The closest stores, there are two: a super target on 530, and almost across the road from it is Publix, which if Disney would install a path would be an easy walk out the front door from Kidani.

Google directions - not sure why google didn't take the left into the parking lot :)

There is no dispenser afaik. You just put it in the tub so either will work. DVC provides a small box of powder.
And if you look around the sides of the machine on the ground (and have long arms) you may find a few more boxes, along with miscellaneous articles of clothing. :rolleyes1

Thinking about renting a 2 bedroom villa. Do most people do the dining plan? I'm thinking we wouldn't eat out more than 1 a day with the kitchen.

Thinking about renting a 2 bedroom villa. Do most people do the dining plan? I'm thinking we wouldn't eat out more than 1 a day with the kitchen.
I think it's quite the opposite with DVC. More folk use the convenience of the fridge, stove etc that the full kitchen offers so they can not only save, but eat healthier than they would on a dining plan. Disney's restaurants are not noted for offing a large variety, and we find when we eat out just three meals our bodies are screaming for just a decent meal it's used to.

Even if you do choose to eat a number, or almost all your meals out, paying out of pocket is almost always cheaper (and far easier to keep track of.)
There's a nice little calculator that helps to estimate the costs of eating out verses paying cash at http://www.distripplanner.com/

We haven't done the dining plan in approx 10 years, back with free dining and when it included apps and the tip. We will have breakfast in the room and just pay out of pocket for anything.

Many DVC members actually do get a dining plan but it really depends on intended use. The dining plan does not really save you anything unless you actually use almost everything that is in it. If you intend to do some meals in the room via purchasing groceries, then it is likely you will be better off without a dining plan. Moreover, it is not the best plan to have if you have children who have recently reached the "adult" priced dining plan age of 10.

Another room request question. We will be staying in a Savannah View Studio at Kidani Village for the first time. My main concern is the lack of a counter service at the resort and the distance of the room possibly from Jambo House and possibly to the lobby. When we stay DVC we usually stay at Wilderness Lodge so we're used to the distance that the counter service is from the DVC section there. Is a there a section of rooms or specific room numbers that people would recommend if we wanted to be equal distance from the Kidani lobby/buses and Jambo House? Thanks so much!

Another room request question. We will be staying in a Savannah View Studio at Kidani Village for the first time. My main concern is the lack of a counter service at the resort and the distance of the room possibly from Jambo House and possibly to the lobby. When we stay DVC we usually stay at Wilderness Lodge so we're used to the distance that the counter service is from the DVC section there. Is a there a section of rooms or specific room numbers that people would recommend if we wanted to be equal distance from the Kidani lobby/buses and Jambo House? Thanks so much!
Well, I can't give you exact room numbers but there is a passenger van that goes back and forth from both resorts so you don't have to walk. It runs every 5-10 minutes. Hope this helps!

The distance from the front door of Kidani to front door of Jambo is about 1/2 mile and you can take shuttle or bus from that area. You can bring the walking distance down to about 1/4 mile by requesting and getting your request for a room near the Zazu elevator, the last elevator on the Kidani south wing which is the wing closest to Jambo. You take that elevator down to street level and walk over to Jambo. However, rooms in that area have a long walk to lobby, although not quite as long to the bus stop, and you will have a very long walk to the Kidani pool which is on the north wing of Kidani.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter