The "Official" 2014 Stay/Play/Dine thread

Has anyone figured out what the discount actually is? I'm heading down over the MLK weekend for 4 nights/5 days. DH,DS & I have AP's, so the room only is the only discount for us. However, my parents are joining us and they will need tickets. I thought this might be a good deal for them.

My TA sent me a quote & it doesn't seem to have any discount on the tickets/dining. The only discount is the RO. I've emailed back to her to check it, but was just hoping someone here had figured out what the discount really is.

We are looking at Pop Preferred room from 1/16-1/20 (4 nights) and 5 day hopper tickets for 2 and the standard dining plan. I calculate rack rate at $1804.52 and the quote was for $1690 which looks like just the 20% off the room rate.

Just an update - I got more info from my TA. The $1690 was NOT the S/P/D package. However, the package only saves about $90 - it is $1599

Summary: 2 adults @ Pop from 1/16-1/20 (MLK weekend)
Room only - $477
Room only + 5 day PH tickets - $1221
Room only + 5 day PH tickets + Dining (std plan, not quick service) (using S/P/D) - $1599

For us, for this short trip, the package just doesn't make sense. We don't want a bunch of sit-down meals and even it we did, I don't ever feel the dining plan really fits us (not into desserts & it just doesn't add up)

As far as the discounts - it looks like the room part of the discount is the biggest. The discount on the tickets/dining portion calculate to about 7.5% off. If you are planning on using the dining plan anyway, that is certainly better than no savings, but at least for us, it is not worth adding the dining plan for that small a discount.

And AOA is not included at all this year. We stayed last year on the S/P/D deal and it was pretty good. Discounts are thinning out for sure. I think I'll have to start saving to buy DVC.

If the S/P/D is where adults pay kids prices for tickets and dining, my total package price isn't adding up. If I'm getting park hopping tickets, is that at kid prices too or only for the base ticket? I'm making myself more confused by the minute!

February 19 - 24th - 2 adults & one 17 year old
Coronado Springs - Standard Room
Basic Dining Plan
2 day base tickets

Total = $2,152

Tried for Port Orleans or French Quarter and Standard Rooms were not available only water view.

Also priced out Pop Century for the same as above but basic dining not quick service and was given this price:

$1966

I figured the Moderate was worth the price difference.

You are right. Is has been reported in other threads that this years offer is different than last year. If enough people post their package specifics and cost quoted, hopefully we can figure out the actual discount.

I've played with deconstructing the S/P/D package price I got yesterday for All-Star Sports.

In the weeks leading up to the expected offer, I had calculated an original estimate based on:
1. room rack rates
2. Child (3-9) prices for base tickets and 2014 quick service dining.

My estimate was approximately $48 more than the actual package price I got yesterday, so I felt pretty good about booking.

To try and take the actual price apart, if I still assume the tickets and dining are at kids prices, then the room rate is discounted at an almost 4% off rack. But, that's just one attempt at making the math work.

I guess the main thing is that the offer met my expectations, but it'd be cool to really know the actual formula.

2 adults, 1 Disney adult. POFQ standard view. Wednesday, March 5-Sunday, March 9. 5 day base tickets. DDP. 4 nights. $2199. Does that seem rather high?

Just got back from a trip with DH on September 21. This is a quickie spontaneous I wanna go back to Disney World trip, and since DGD can't take off more than 3 days since she's in middle school now, we're going to have to settle for a shorter trip than I'd like this spring.

I ran the numbers for rack rate room, childs price dp & tix, and came up with $167 less than what you were quoted. Not sure exactly what the discount is this year.....:confused3

Rack rate room: $942.76
5 day base child tix x 3 people: $862.65
4 night child $ DP x 3 people: $226.56
Total: $2031.97

I ran the numbers for rack rate room, childs price dp & tix, and came up with $167 less than what you were quoted. Not sure exactly what the discount is this year.....:confused3

Rack rate room: $942.76
5 day base child tix x 3 people: $862.65
4 night child $ DP x 3 people: $226.56
Total: $2031.97

Yep, you are absolutely correct. I called and re-booked with different dates, arriving on March 1 rather than the 5th, and the total now is $166 less than my first attempt. :) The difference was that regular season flips to peak season on March 6, thus the higher price for the room.

If the S/P/D is where adults pay kids prices for tickets and dining, my total package price isn't adding up. If I'm getting park hopping tickets, is that at kid prices too or only for the base ticket? I'm making myself more confused by the minute!

What are your specifics? What $$ were you quoted? We'll try and help you out!

I have tried to figure out what the discount formula is for s/p/d, but I can't.
Here are the numbers for my family of 2 adults and 2 Disney adult kids travelling in January:
6 nights CBR
5 day base ticket
Regular dining plan
$2,988
Non-discounted price was $3,829.24

I have tried to figure out what the discount formula is for s/p/d, but I can't.
Here are the numbers for my family of 2 adults and 2 Disney adult kids travelling in January:
6 nights CBR
5 day base ticket
Regular dining plan
$2,988
Non-discounted price was $3,829.24

What are your dates in January?

I called last night here is my info. I have no idea if it is good or not. :) Too many running of numbers has my brain mushy.

2 adults and 2 children over 10 (13 and 16 I am guessing they are "adult" prices)

Jan 4 to 5 POFQ Garden View AAA discount ($170.11 per room. We have 2 rooms)
Jan 5 to 12 POFQ Garden View S/P/D 5 day pass NO park hopper - Disney Visa $2317.43 per room (we have 2 rooms)

Total for all days, 4 people and 2 rooms = $4975.08

Does that sound right? I don't have my confirmation email yet to tell me if the discount was applied.

It was all on the same reservation. She had to work a little bit to get the AAA discount on the room for the one night until the package began.

What are your specifics? What $$ were you quoted? We'll try and help you out!
We are going 2/17-2/22: 4 adults
POR FQ-5 nights
5 day MMY PH tickets
DDP
$3170.20
Thank you so much for taking a look at the numbers. I tried breaking it down and come up with different numbers every time...ugh! It seems like if I'm paying rack rate for the room and kid prices for the tickets and dining, it should be cheaper. Thanks again for any help ;-)

We were already booked at POR 2/22 - 3/1 in a Royal Guest room, pool view. 2 adults, 2 kids (9 and 5), 7 day hoppers and regular dining plan. Originally $4826.

After calling yesterday, the CM said there were two possible discounts we were eligible for - the Disney Visa or the S/P/D. S/P/D saved us more, bringing the total down to $4124 - a savings of $702.

We are going 2/17-2/22: 4 adults
POR FQ-5 nights
5 day MMY PH tickets
DDP
$3170.20
Thank you so much for taking a look at the numbers. I tried breaking it down and come up with different numbers every time...ugh! It seems like if I'm paying rack rate for the room and kid prices for the tickets and dining, it should be cheaper. Thanks again for any help ;-)

$1378.14--POFQ rack rate for 4 adults (18+)
$1401.56--5 day PH tickets child's price
$377.60--5 night dining plan child's price
=$3157.30

or (wasn't sure if you meant 18+ adult or disney adult)
$1209.36--POFQ rack rate for 2 adults & 2 disney adult kids
$1401.56---tickets
$377.60---DP
= $2988.52

Either way, your quote is close to how everyone has been trying to figure the discount....again, I have yet to see any numbers that exactly match the above formula....:confused3

$1378.14--POFQ rack rate for 4 adults (18+) $1401.56--5 day PH tickets child's price $377.60--5 night dining plan child's price =$3157.30 or (wasn't sure if you meant 18+ adult or disney adult) $1209.36--POFQ rack rate for 2 adults & 2 disney adult kids $1401.56---tickets $377.60---DP = $2988.52 Either way, your quote is close to how everyone has been trying to figure the discount....again, I have yet to see any numbers that exactly match the above formula....:confused3
The second scenario is exactly how I broke it down...which is still almost $200 less than what they quoted. I think I'm going to call tomorrow and try to get some clarification. Wish me luck! Thank you again for running my numbers!!

The second scenario is exactly how I broke it down...which is still almost $200 less than what they quoted. I think I'm going to call tomorrow and try to get some clarification. Wish me luck! Thank you again for running my numbers!!

Good luck! Let us know what they have to say.

February 19 - 24th - 2 adults & one 17 year old
Coronado Springs - Standard Room
Basic Dining Plan
2 day base tickets

Total = $2,152

Tried for Port Orleans or French Quarter and Standard Rooms were not available only water view.

Also priced out Pop Century for the same as above but basic dining not quick service and was given this price:

$1966

I figured the Moderate was worth the price difference.

Since I have some time to kill until Oct 8th.....

CSR $1234.12 Rack rate
$549.54--Child's price 2 day base tix
$283.20---Child's price DP
=$2066.86

$85.14 difference. Still can't quite crack the code:rotfl:

Ok guys I may be doing the math wrong but I figured the S/P/D is saving us about 16% (2 adults & a 13yr old)

Rack rate: Pop Century standard room x 4 nights $459
2 day base ticket (3 adults) $592.08
Reg Dining plan (3 adults) x 4 nights $703.92
Total Rack rate $1755

S/P/D Total package with QS dining upgraded to reg dining $1465.40

Savings = $289.60 or 16% for the up graded dining package.
The S/P/D could be a bigger % off w/o upgraded dining but I don't have the figures for that. I wish I did, so I could know if the % is higher with QS dining.

All Star Sports 02/03/2014 - 02/07/2014 (4 nights)
2 Adults
5 day tickets with park hopper option
QS Dining plan

Rack Rate: 1445.32
S/P/D Rate: 1234.84 Savings $210.48 About 14.5%

Room Only: $384.20 rack rate
20% Discounted rate: $307.36

Any chance *free* dining will happen for these dates or is this pretty much what we will get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter