*** The Official 2014 - DLR -July Thread ***(We All Have Been There & Back Home)

21 days from today for us - we can't wait! I am just trying to decide if I should spring for an "in-room" Mickey surprise celebration (through disney floral and gifts) for the kids. Has anyone tried that?

We did a few years ago when my nieces turned 9... They loved it... And we did too :goodvibes

21 days from today for us - we can't wait! I am just trying to decide if I should spring for an "in-room" Mickey surprise celebration (through disney floral and gifts) for the kids. Has anyone tried that?

I always do my own in-room surprise for my nephews. Here is what they found in their room last year

I have a lot of fun creating the surprise myself, and I personally can't justify paying the price of the official Disney surprise. Whether you do it yourself or order one, I think the welcome surprise just adds a little more magic to the arrival! pixiedust:

This is the countdown reminder I have hanging on the refrigerator. I made it for last year's trip, to WDW and have recycled it for this year's trip to DLR!! My youngest nephew loves it, and always has to be the one to change it when he visits.

djmeredith…those surprise/treat buckets are really cute---what a nice thing to do!

SpacecadetNZ…I am printing out those chain links! How fun, and Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup2

18 days to go! :cool1:

Wow, look at all those families on Bob's list. I'm sad we will be there too early to join in. But I look forward to seeing big happy smiling group photos :)

Wow - 18 Days... I want to go!!!!!!!

The list looks awesome, just hope everyone is able to meet at some time... Here's hoping............:goodvibes

We finally finalized some plans :cool1:. We are getting very excited :banana:

Saturday 7/26 - Arrive VGC, grocery shopping, check in, etc.
Sunday 7/27 - DL; F! Dessert Package (pending ressie)
Monday 7/28 - CA
Tuesday 7/29 - Storytellers Breakfast 9:30 am; Napa Rose Chef's Table 5:30 pm
Wednesday 7/30 - CA; Wine Country Trattoria 1:20 pm
Thursday 7/31 - Free Day
Friday 8/1 - CA Powerwalk 7:30 am; DL; Big Thunder Ranch BBQ 5:50 pm
Saturday 8/2 - Depart for LAX

Hoping to meet up with fellow DISer's during our trip...

We finally finalized some plans :cool1:. We are getting very excited :banana:

Saturday 7/26 - Arrive VGC, grocery shopping, check in, etc.
Sunday 7/27 - DL; F! Dessert Package (pending ressie)
Monday 7/28 - CA
Tuesday 7/29 - Storytellers Breakfast 9:30 am; Napa Rose Chef's Table 5:30 pm
Wednesday 7/30 - CA; Wine Country Trattoria 1:20 pm
Thursday 7/31 - Free Day
Friday 8/1 - CA Powerwalk 7:30 am; DL; Big Thunder Ranch BBQ 5:50 pm
Saturday 8/2 - Depart for LAX

Hoping to meet up with fellow DISer's during our trip...

WOW!!! Lots of great eateries....Making me hungry updating your ADR's. Got your information logged in..... Have fun...:banana:

I made these super cute countdown chains yesterday for my kids. They came out perfectly - such an easy but effective idea. https://www.getawaytoday.com/blogs/2013/11/19/Disneyland-Vacation-Countdown-Chain 18 days to go! :cool1: Wow, look at all those families on Bob's list. I'm sad we will be there too early to join in. But I look forward to seeing big happy smiling group photos :)

Thanks for sharing the countdown chain idea! That is so cute!!

And I too am sad that I'm going to miss Bob and his group! But you're right, it will be cool to see photos of the July Dis meets that occur from this thread.

We're finally under the one-month mark! And I've finally made the last needed reservation--the one for the F! dessert package. Very excited!

Dinner at Goofy's Kitchen at 7 p.m. on 7/14
Dinner at Blue Bayou at 5:30 p.m. on 7/15
F! Dessert package (1st show) on 7/15
Lunch at Rainforest Cafe at 12:00 p.m. on 7/16
Breakfast at Surf's Up at 10:00 a.m. on 7/17
Dinner at Carthay Circle at 6:00 p.m. on 7/17

Can't wait! Hoping that other folks on this thread might be dining at the same time!

I need to take pictures of our Mickey surprise that will be awaiting our son when he wakes up on his birthday morning but I don't know how to lay all the stuff out without him seeing. LOL

:offtopic:

Yes, I am a newbie.

For whatever reason (probably operator error), I can't seem to figure out how to upload a picture--a really cool countdown calendar my DW and DD made. The forum FAQ says to click on "albums and pictures" in the user control panel. My CP doesn't have "albums and pictures" anywhere on it. Any ideas? :idea:

We're finally under the one-month mark! And I've finally made the last needed reservation--the one for the F! dessert package. Very excited!

Dinner at Goofy's Kitchen at 7 p.m. on 7/14
Dinner at Blue Bayou at 5:30 p.m. on 7/15
F! Dessert package (1st show) on 7/15
Lunch at Rainforest Cafe at 12:00 p.m. on 7/16
Breakfast at Surf's Up at 10:00 a.m. on 7/17
Dinner at Carthay Circle at 6:00 p.m. on 7/17

Can't wait! Hoping that other folks on this thread might be dining at the same time!
Tanya - WOW!! - you guy's are really busy. :goodvibes I have your information updated... :thumbsup2

I'm bummed that we will miss the Dismeets! :( We arrive at LAX on the 18th, but we're headed up North to see family and friends in the Central Valley. We don't actually get to the DLR until the 23rd. I hate to miss out, but I hope we'll see pics of the groups that do get to meet up. :grouphug:

Good Morning To All

Update on the Dis-Meets - Ok, so far it is not going to well and I figure so after I posted the Dis-Meets. The reasons are listed below.

The times are to restricted.
Right in the middle of dining reservations times.
Will be departing home.
Will not be in the area yet.

Sorry everyone.. did not think this through very carefully. :rolleyes1

I'll let it run for a couple more days and then change strategies.

Maybe it will be easier if I posted who will be in the parks each day. Since everyone during the time we are at Disney has my phone #, we could just text and have smaller Dis-Meets...

What do you think July Dis-Group?

Hi everyone! We are so excited to be coming back to Disneyland (were there during the winter break!) in July!! We will be there July 28-August 2 spending 3 nights at the GCH and 2 nights at the DLH. We've never done the GCH so we thought we'd give it a try this time! We also are doing a cabana at the DLH for a 1/2 day on Thursday . I. Pregnant so I'm really looking forward to that! Lastly, we also decided to venture out and try something new this time and we are spending one full day away from DL (faints). We are going to Knotts Berry Farm and then to Medevil Times for dinner. We are bringing our DD7 and her best friend so we are hoping they both enjoy KBF...anyone been??

We will be there some of the same time!! We are also doing medieval times dinner were doing ours on the 30th!! We are going to do a beach day and a LA day to split stuff up a little but were not doing any other theme parks just sight seeing.

40 days until we are in Cali and 38 til we leave!!!! My kids got a great thing for the parks from Subway Sat Night

Its a drawstring back pack!! I didn't even know they had them there so I was excited when they came out!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter