*** The Official 2014 - DLR -July Thread ***(We All Have Been There & Back Home)

OOP's - Sorry - got it corrected - I figured you would enjoy and stay 4 extra days and send me the bill.....:lmao:

Or better yet...for some strange and unexplained reason this thread influences the DLH's booking system...and some very cool cast member decides to upgrade us to one of the signature suites for the duration of our stay...

One can dream. :rolleyes:

Hi everyone! We are so excited to be coming back to Disneyland (were there during the winter break!) in July!! We will be there July 28-August 2 spending 3 nights at the GCH and 2 nights at the DLH. We've never done the GCH so we thought we'd give it a try this time! We also are doing a cabana at the DLH for a 1/2 day on Thursday . I. Pregnant so I'm really looking forward to that! Lastly, we also decided to venture out and try something new this time and we are spending one full day away from DL (faints). We are going to Knotts Berry Farm and then to Medevil Times for dinner. We are bringing our DD7 and her best friend so we are hoping they both enjoy KBF...anyone been??

Or better yet...for some strange and unexplained reason this thread influences the DLH's booking system...and some very cool cast member decides to upgrade us to one of the signature suites for the duration of our stay...

One can dream. :rolleyes:

WOW!!!! That is soooooo COOL... You were sprinkled with pixiedust: dust..!!..:cool1:

I am so happy for you.... :cheer2:

Hi everyone! We are so excited to be coming back to Disneyland (were there during the winter break!) in July!! We will be there July 28-August 2 spending 3 nights at the GCH and 2 nights at the DLH. We've never done the GCH so we thought we'd give it a try this time! We also are doing a cabana at the DLH for a 1/2 day on Thursday . I. Pregnant so I'm really looking forward to that! Lastly, we also decided to venture out and try something new this time and we are spending one full day away from DL (faints). We are going to Knotts Berry Farm and then to Medevil Times for dinner. We are bringing our DD7 and her best friend so we are hoping they both enjoy KBF...anyone been??

:welcome: Dis-Family - Glad you joined the July thread.. Your plans looks like a lot of fun... I will add your information on the front page....:banana:

It's Count Down Time
:jumping1:
" R H M H -- 2 7 Days "
What's Yours ?? :hyper:

Hi Fferret
You are right on. Be in line before opening. Eat breakfast before hitting the parks. Move fast in the AM (no shopping or eating...only bathroom breaks if you really, really have too:rolleyes1 ) Eat lunch before the lunch crowd. Enjoy shows, nap, pool, or people watching during the heat of the day. And just like you said return to the parks in the evening. Try to see night time shows early in your stay as sometimes shows may be canceled. With teens you should be able to single rider Cars FIRST thing in the AM and go back to the Cars fast pass around 0930 to 1030 and secure FPs for night time. It's a must see at night. In between Single riding Cars and coming back for FP go over to TSMM and Scream. Your teens may enjoy single riding Scream while you enjoy a snack at the Cove Bar later in the day. I enjoy the food at Paradise Garden Grill and the Boardwalk. There are fewer crowds, shady tables and music. At DL I'm always on Star Tours 2-3 times before heading over to Space. FP Space if you have to and go back to Buzz for awhile. After I have done those 3 I FP Indy and then start planning early lunch /Pirates /HM / ride Indy depending on crowds. You should be able to FP Splash later if you like. I like the food at CO and Hungry Bear. One is in the mist of the high energy NOS the other is on the R of A...relaxing, shady and cool. Quite a few people supplement their lunch with food brought in from outside at Hungry Bear. There is so much more, but I will stop here:goodvibes
I'm a WOC junkie:yay: absolutely love it, but there are many opinions.
Come with a good attitude and you will have a blast. I love the high energy days of summer.

It's Count Down Time
" R H M H -- 2 7 Days "
You just a little excited there, Bob? :)

Our countdown is 19 days till we leave the country. OMG, 19 days :scared1: But 22 till our first Disney day. :banana:

Correction...

The front page says I'll be at DLH until Aug 8th.

I WISH! :woohoo: (2 WEEKS AND I WOULDN'T GO HOME)

Our dates should be 7/26-8/2.

---

And I just noticed that HydroGuy will be at DLH too. You might have some paparazzi nearby, dude. :smooth:

Just kidding! :thumbsup2 Like everyone else, I'm very grateful for the info. The WOC threads alone are amazing.

Yah, I have to fight off all the fans. Life is rough. I will need to wear my big hat and large, dark sunglasses. ;)

On some trips when I have time to make one I will wear a LGMH (Lime Green Mickey Head) that says HydroGuy. For some reason the hat and sunglasses stop working when I do that. :goodvibes

Hope to see some of you there!

:wizard:

You just a little excited there, Bob? :)

Our countdown is 19 days till we leave the country. OMG, 19 days :scared1: But 22 till our first Disney day. :banana:

Ok, Ok, You busted me -- yes, I am a wee bit excited. :rotfl2:

Yah, I have to fight off all the fans. Life is rough. I will need to wear my big hat and large, dark sunglasses. ;)

On some trips when I have time to make one I will wear a LGMH (Lime Green Mickey Head) that says HydroGuy. For some reason the hat and sunglasses stop working when I do that. :goodvibes

Hope to see some of you there!

:wizard:

When I made our Lime Green Mickey's head 5 years ago... After I finished I asked my DD... Well, how does it look? DD said DAD, your color blind... it is not lime green. Why didn't you ask for my help?

I had work to hard to do it over again, so been living with whatever color Mickey's Head...:lmao:

Yep going to DLR in July. Tropicana July 12 through the 17. Ive been a lurker on these boards for years...Maybe 6:rolleyes1. This wonderful thread is the one that reeled me in. I've been going to DL since the early 60's. Yep old;). I live about 2 1/2 hrs away from DL and am very fortunate that I can make a few trips during the year, but my annual July trip is my favorite....long days, water rides etc.... Can't wait. Every time I get ready for a Disney trip I turn into a little kid. Thank you RHMH for this wonderful thread.
Welcome!! I can see why this thread would pull you in, Bob is a fabulous host and the other July families are so nice!! Thanks for the tips!!

It's Count Down Time
" R H M H -- 2 7 Days "

Just 33 more days until we leave for Cali!!! :cheer2::cool1: We'll be in the parks in 38 days!!!pixiedust::tigger: Seriously so excited....but so much planning and finalizing details to do! :scared1:

Good Morning To All

I have gone over the resort list and found the possibilities of 3 Dis-Meets while we are there.

I am not trying to intrude on your family vacation, I know everyone has an agenda, I just want everyone to have an opportunity to experience a Dis-Meet if you like them, if you have never been to one and would love to just say hi...

I have Private Messaged all of the following July Vacationers and given my cell #. I do text so feel free to communicate through this thread or via text. I have a Pre-Paid Cell Phone that I load up with minutes designated just for DLR / WDW Dis-Meets that I disconnect after our vacations.

If I have left a family out, please forgive me and bring it to my attention.

The 12, 15, 18 & the 19 are the possible dates.

Dismamx2 - July 3rd - July 13th – 12
Amlad - July 6th - July 12th - 12
Cml1010 - July 6th - July 12th - 12

Katy 621 - July 7th - July 12th - 12
Joybelles - July 8th - July 12th - 12
Redwing - July 8th - July 12th - 12
Jedijuhi - July 8th - July 16th – 12, 15
Jchappa - July 9th - July 15th – 12

Chirurgeon - July 11th - 14th – 12
Coastermom - July 11th - 18th – 12, 15, 18

RHMH - July 12th - July 19th – 12, 15, 18
Anydustwilldo - July 12th - July 17th – 12, 15
Natebenma - July 12th - July 16th – 12, 15
Panthergirl - July 12th - July 17th – 12, 15
Jimmiej - July 12th - July 19th – 15, 18

Thundergod - July 13th - 17th – 15th
Disney meema - July 13th - July 21st – 15, 18
PixiePrincess79 - July 13th - July 19th – 15
Fronkfam - July 13th - July 18th - Desert Inn – 15
Jrar4ever - July 13th - July 17th – 15

94bruin - July 14th - 16th – GCH – 15
Nintfamily - July 14th - July 18th – 15, 18
Gwidener350z - July 14th - July 19th – 15, 18
Tanyaegangibson - July 14th - July 18th – 15, 18

Benswife - July 15th - July 18th – 15, 18
2boysmom1998 - July 15th - 22nd – 15 - 18

StepNJer - July 16th - July 18th - 18
DisneyAZfam - July 16th - July 19th - 18
Cathyb93 - July 16th - July 20th - 18

Califlove - July 18th - July 24th – 18 - Maybe a quick hello on the 19th before we depart.
Cali Girl At Heart - July 18th - 26th – 18 - Maybe a quick hello on the 19th before we depart.

Jacobsmommy - July 19th - July 23rd – Maybe a quick hello on the 19th before we depart.
Sokerfrog - July 19th - 28th – Maybe a quick hello on the 19th before we depart.

Thanks for the families that have already responded.

Below are pictures of our group.

We are getting super excited. My son can hardly stand the wait. He asks every day what our countdown is and is telling everyone we meet about our trip.

17 days!

::Waving:: We will be over lapping at the Tropicana :) We are there the 14th-19th Maybe I will catch you by the pool :cool2:

Hi Nintfamily. :wave2: I'm very considerate of others views around the pool....so I'll be the one with shorts and shirt on reading a Kindle. Loved reading your TR. Your family seems to have a really good time. My first time at the Tropicana...hoping for the best. Oh well it's just a place to lay down and sleep.

Can't wait, Can't wait. Suitcases are out:)

21 days from today for us - we can't wait! I am just trying to decide if I should spring for an "in-room" Mickey surprise celebration (through disney floral and gifts) for the kids. Has anyone tried that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter