• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** The Official 2014 - DLR -July Thread ***(We All Have Been There & Back Home)

We booked our Walk in Walts Footsteps tour yesterday!!! Its getting so close, Im so ready for vacation at this point

You will LOVE IT!!!!! Have so much fun =)

Well my story is and I am sticking to it...:rolleyes1 I have been wearing a medium priced pair of tennis shoe for that past 14 Disney Trips.. and they get hot and hurt by the end of the day...

I have flat feet and I mean very flat.. I bought a pair of 2.00 Old Navy Flip Flops and I thought I went to heaven..

My feet did not hurt at all last year..

You are lucky!!

We will be there July 15 - July 22. I know it's going to be busy but I was just wondering what everyone thinks would be the best days to do the parks while we are there? Would it be better to go Wednesday, Thursday and Friday rather than the weekend? The last four times we went we were there over the weekend and it wasn't too bad. That was in June. One time it was the week after Carsland opened. I am still deciding whether or not to get a 3 or 4 day park hopper ticket. Thanks for your help! See you there!

:welcome:Dis Family - I have your information updated on the front page and the special thanks thread also... I believe the DLR veterans would be able to assist you with your inquiries.

Thanks for joining...:goodvibes Oh - would you be so kind to share with the group your Resort / Hotel choice?

Thanks

So I have a question for you all! What shoes do you wear to the parks? I have 2 pairs of Skechers go walks I plan on wearing but am thinking I might want another pair of shoes as a back up. I wore my Skechers at the 24 hour event and boy did my feet hurt at the end. They usually never hurt that bad, so thinking I may need to change up my shoes mid day or something.

I had foot surgery 2 years ago that actually made things worse, so I have almost constant foot pain. I bought the Skechers go Walks Mary Jane style last year for WDW and they were like walking on air! Loved them!! However, there is just so much walking at the parks, that even they were uncomfortable after a few hours. I switched at least once a day to either my Keen sandals or a pair of regular tennis shoes. I do think the switching helped and would recommend it.

At one time I wore Crocs throughout WDW, but recently I have been wearing Spira sneakers and they seem to keep my feet pretty comfy. I have had issues with plantars fasciitis in both feet, so foot pain is common. I was wearing the Spira's on spring break when I fractured my foot zip lining. They kept me relatively pain free for the remaining two hours of the tour and the walk back to the cruise ship!

I love seeing everyone's photos and I'm finally at my actual computer (instead of iPad) so I'm going to post mine as well.

As you may remember, my travel group is my parents, me, and my 4 nephews. 3 of the nephews belong to my sister and the other belongs to my brother. My parents, my sister's family and I all traveled to WDW last July 4th week for the oldest nephew's baseball tournament at Wide World of Sports. Lots of fun! So these pictures are from that trip.

My parents, my sister's two youngest, and I. We had breakfast with Pooh and Friends during one of my oldest nephew's ballgames.

Me and all 3 of my sister's kids at the July 4th fireworks on the beach at Fort Wilderness. My oldest nephew has his fake smile/hurry up and get this photo over with faces on, lol.

This is me with all 5 nephews at home last Nov. My two youngest nephews were born only 6 weeks apart. My sweet little youngest red headed nephew is not ready to leave Mom and Dad yet so he's not going with us. :sad1:.

So I have a question for you all! What shoes do you wear to the parks?

I have 2 pairs of Skechers go walks I plan on wearing but am thinking I might want another pair of shoes as a back up. I wore my Skechers at the 24 hour event and boy did my feet hurt at the end. They usually never hurt that bad, so thinking I may need to change up my shoes mid day or something.

I always wear a broken-in pair of athletic shoes. Due to working in retail, I've had issues with my feet for the past several years. Thankfully, I no longer work in retail, but my feet have never returned to their former condition. I spent so much money on different combinations of insoles and expensive athletic shoes in an attempt to decrease the pain in my heels and feet when walking/standing for long periods of time, and I had no success...until I discovered Orthaheel insoles! I tried on a pair at a shoe store in a mall one year and experienced instant relief. I just had to buy them. Now, I can wear any shoe that I want as long as I have the insoles inside. On this year's DLR trip, I'll be wearing a pair of Asics with some Orthaheel insoles that are only a month old. However, I do want to mention that because everyone's feet are different, what works for others won't necessarily work for you. A lot of the shoes and insoles that I tried before finding the Orthaheels were from suggestions here on the DIS or from satisfied customers who posted reviews on other websites. It's a good idea to change your shoes or take a long break mid-day and to wear moisture-wicking socks. I'm not bringing two pairs of shoes, but we're going to be napping mid-day and that should be sufficient.

We will be there July 15 - July 22. I know it's going to be busy but I was just wondering what everyone thinks would be the best days to do the parks while we are there? Would it be better to go Wednesday, Thursday and Friday rather than the weekend? The last four times we went we were there over the weekend and it wasn't too bad. That was in June. One time it was the week after Carsland opened. I am still deciding whether or not to get a 3 or 4 day park hopper ticket. Thanks for your help! See you there!

I'm having a similar dilemma. We have 7 full days in Anaheim from Friday-Thursday (this does not include arrival/departure days). We will have 4 park days, 1 Angels game day, 1 beach day, and 1 L.A./Hollywood day. I'm leaning toward doing L.A./Hollywood on Saturday or Sunday because the traffic is supposed to be less on the weekends. Right now, my plan is:

Friday - DCA (and possible hop to DL)
Saturday - L.A./Hollywood
Sunday (nephew's 11th b-day) - Surf's Up Breakfast and Angels game
Monday - DL/DCA
Tuesday-DL/DCA
Wednesday - Beach (to break up the park days since I'm touring with elderly and young folks)
Thursday - DL/DCA

I've considered switching the Angels game to Saturday and the L.A./Hollywood day to Sunday. However, that means a late Sat. night because it's a night game, then we would have to be up for breakfast with Mickey and get a later start to L.A on Sunday morning.

Any thoughts/opinions would be welcome.

I mentioned it in this thread once before, but Orbitz is running a special where you get a free 4th day when you buy 3 day park hoppers. Same money and you can choose to use the 4th day or not.

Cali girl, have you looked into dakine bags? They have wonderful duffle bags that aren't too pricey. I got my boys on amazon. There's no wheels on the one we got but it's pretty big and made well. They make tons of different styles. Just a thought ;)

Thanks, Crystal! I really appreciate the suggestion on the dakine bags. I will check those out for sure! :thumbsup2

To All July Disers

Since Rachel posted some family pictures while at Disney, I thought I would ask...... If anyone feels comfortable in sharing a Disney photo of your family, please post so we can share with you, your Disney Magical Moment.

Thanks Rachel.........................:thumbsup2

Wow....guess I did start something pretty cool! :cool1: I absolutely love seeing everyone's pics. Such adorable DisFamilies! :)

For those that are interested or keeping track of my ankle drama, I had my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon this morning. He said no surgery and that I could start physio and weight bearing.

This is fantastic news! So glad you don't need surgery, and wishing you get better super quick! :)

Wow....guess I did start something pretty cool! :cool1: I absolutely love seeing everyone's pics. Such adorable DisFamilies! :)

I would say, YES!!! :thumbsup2 super neat Idea. This thread was hoping yesterday afternoon. We even recruited a couple of new additions to our group. :cool1:

The thread moved from page 57 to page 60 in a matter of 4 hours..

I'm having a similar dilemma. We have 7 full days in Anaheim from Friday-Thursday (this does not include arrival/departure days). We will have 4 park days, 1 Angels game day, 1 beach day, and 1 L.A./Hollywood day. I'm leaning toward doing L.A./Hollywood on Saturday or Sunday because the traffic is supposed to be less on the weekends. Right now, my plan is:

Monday - DL/DCA
Tuesday-DL/DCA
Wednesday - Beach (to break up the park days since I'm touring with elderly and young folks)
Thursday - DL/DCA

I've considered switching the Angels game to Saturday and the L.A./Hollywood day to Sunday. However, that means a late Sat. night because it's a night game, then we would have to be up for breakfast with Mickey and get a later start to L.A on Sunday morning.

:woohoo: - Pretty good looking itinerary.

Monday - DL/DCA
Tuesday-DL/DCA
Thursday - DL/DCA

I would consider keeping it the same because you don't always know how late a night baseball game can go. When I see a Baseball team as part of my travels, I actually prefer a day game because the seem to be less weather dependent.

Monday - DL/DCA
Tuesday-DL/DCA
Thursday - DL/DCA

I like your plan! We've gone to California the last four years for vacation, we love it. The traffic is lighter on the weekends so that should work out for you! Have fun! I still haven't decided what we are doing yet. I'm going to have to soon, I want to make our ADR's.

:welcome:Dis Family - I have your information updated on the front page and the special thanks thread also... I believe the DLR veterans would be able to assist you with your inquiries.

Thanks for joining...:goodvibes Oh - would you be so kind to share with the group your Resort / Hotel choice?

Thanks

Thank you! We are staying at the Fairfield Inn!

jacobsmommy said:
I can't figure out how to post a picture :(

Good Morning - I am at work roght now and can't coach you through the steps but the easiest way is to use Photo Bucket, up load the pic's and copy the image link and post to Dis.. Hope this will help...

Djmeredith, love the Mickey tie dye shirts! So cute.

The are so easy to do! I made them for my family a few years ago. Click here is a link to the thread on how to.

Here is a family picture of us in our tie dye shirts at the airport in 2011.
402405991.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter