*** The Official 2014 - DLR -July Thread ***(We All Have Been There & Back Home)

I ordered PP+ over a month ago and I still haven't received it :confused: I emailed about it yesterday but didn't hear anything back yet. I don't know if that is normal but glad I ordered it so far in advance :(

Bob, did you try look at pics of food on Y*lp or Tr*padvisor? I often do that as my kids are so picky I like to see how 'plain' some dishes can be for them :lmao: but you might see something that you would like and/or sway you towards a restaurant?! But if the restaurants a few blocks away look good, you should give them a try :thumbsup2

I had planned doing two character meals but I think dd's aren't that into it anymore so might just do one ::yes::

Good Day To Everyone..

WOW!! it won't be long before we are in front of Mickey and the Gang...:cool1:

I know I have posted tentative dining plans but going over Dis-Menus, Disney Site Restaurants and Posted Menus - I am having a hard time which ADR's to actually book.

Just don't know right now... nothing looks good.... I have even tried not eating dinner and looking at menus all night and STILL nothing grabs me... :confused3

The only thing that really stands out are the Restaurants on the east side, 2 blocks north and south of the parks. :rolleyes1

The CS is Disney normal and we like it, but the TS is a bit off the beating path for us other than a steak here and there..

I guess we can live off of Turkey Legs and Chicken Nuggets :lmao: OR make Peanut Butter Sandwiches.

We are going to be making reservations for DS's birthday breakfast and dinner (Surf's Up and BTMR BBQ) because we want to make sure we have a seat. I think every other day we will go with the flow and if we have to wait, we'll wait. The only other reservation I may make is Cafe Orleans but I haven't decided which day we are going there. I've never had that long of a wait though.

RHMH, our favorites TS are:

DL: Carnation and BB. I've heard wonderful things about BTR BBQ as well.

GCH: Storytellers

DLH: Steakhouse 55

CS at DCA we love FLo's and Pacific Wharf Cafe.

And we Always get corn dogs at the little red wagon too!

Count us in! Staying at Stovall's BW 7/2-7/6, park days 7/3-7/5.
Celebrating DD's 11th birthday, it's a ladies trip - my mom is joining me and DD :)

I can make reservations this week! :cool1::cool1:

But the times arent available for that week yet so I dont want to make ressies going in blind......

please excuse my ocd disney world planning habits :rotfl2:

I hope everyone enjoys the last day of april!!

Count us in! Staying at Stovall's BW 7/2-7/6, park days 7/3-7/5.
Celebrating DD's 11th birthday, it's a ladies trip - my mom is joining me and DD :)

:welcome:Dis Ladies..... Sounds like FUN :banana: Thanks for joining our July thread... We all love Disney to the MAX.....:dance3: Updated the front page with your information...

Our favorite TS are: Carnation Cafe, Big Thunder BBQ!

Our favorite CS are: Plaza Inn, Flo's, and Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta!

Heck, who am I kidding???? We mostly like everywhere/anywhere we eat at the resort;)!!!

We're going be there July 8-16. Wife, Mother in law (yes we get along great!! lol), Sister in law, my 9 yr old nephew and me :) it'll be the first time wife and I have been back to DL since late 2007. Last couple years we've gone to WDW. Can't wait to see all the new stuff and really can't wait to share it with my nephew ;) :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

It's ok, we know everyone has busy lives and it's hard to find some time to sit down rest.

Thanks for your support.. it's not my DD.. it was her friend Bailey.. She is doing super.. Thanks again for thinking of her.

Whoops! Sorry, my mistake. I'm not sure where I got the idea that she's your daughter. :confused3 In any case, I'm glad that she's doing well!

In DLR-related news, my fiance and I have finally made the finishing touches on our TS reservation plans, and I'll be able to book our reservations in three days! Here's what we have planned:

7/3: Dinner at Storytellers
7/4: Lunch at Blue Bayou
7/5: Breakfast at Carnation Cafe
7/7: Lunch at Carnation Cafe
7/10 Lunch at Storytellers (which you've already noted in this thread)

We're going be there July 8-16. Wife, Mother in law (yes we get along great!! lol), Sister in law, my 9 yr old nephew and me :) it'll be the first time wife and I have been back to DL since late 2007. Last couple years we've gone to WDW. Can't wait to see all the new stuff and really can't wait to share it with my nephew ;) :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:welcome:Jedihuhi - to our Super July DLR thread... Glad you have joined us...

Please share your Resort / Hotel choice when you have decided... I have updated your information on the front page.. :thumbsup2

Whoops! Sorry, my mistake. I'm not sure where I got the idea that she's your daughter. :confused3 In any case, I'm glad that she's doing well!

In DLR-related news, my fiance and I have finally made the finishing touches on our TS reservation plans, and I'll be able to book our reservations in three days! Here's what we have planned:

7/3: Dinner at Storytellers
7/4: Lunch at Blue Bayou
7/5: Breakfast at Carnation Cafe
7/7: Lunch at Carnation Cafe
7/10 Lunch at Storytellers (which you've already noted in this thread)

It's ok - WOW!!! great restaurant choices... :cool1: I have listed your ADR's - thanks and have a great day

Hello Everyone - Hope your Friday will be the best...

I have decided to move the "Question of the day" to Saturday's.

Hope it's ok with everyone.. I know Sundays are very busy and it's a special day for Families...

Question # 9 will be posted tomorrow morning.. Watch out for it..:cool1:

:welcome:Jedihuhi - to our Super July DLR thread... Glad you have joined us... Please share your Resort / Hotel choice when you have decided... I have updated your information on the front page.. :thumbsup2

Residence Inn GG.

Thanks RHMH for starting this thread and all the time you're taking updating it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hello Everyone - Hope your weekend is relaxing and you are able to spend it with Friends and Family.

Question of the Day.....

Do you and your family have to be at the park at rope drop?, or do you take it easy and get to the park at a leisurely pace.

Our answer - Rope Drop all the way :moped:..... may not be the first group at the gate but we are one of them. :crowded:

Hello Everyone - Hope your weekend is relaxing and you are able to spend it with Friends and Family.

Question of the Day.....

Do you and your family have to be at the park at rope drop?, or do you take it easy and get to the park at a leisurely pace.

Our answer - Rope Drop all the way :moped:..... may not be the first group at the gate but we are one of them. :crowded:

I normally am a rope drop person, however that was before I had a slow kid ;) I also will have a slow grandma with me as my mom has had foot issues this year. I'd rather take it easy on them then rush. My whole traveling style will be turned upside down this trip anyway so I'm interested in seeing what wil happen and how it will go.

Question of the Day.....

I am hoping to make one day rope drop as well as magic morning. Crossing my fingers that the teens will be able to get out of bed :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter