~*~The OFFICIAL 2014 Dates Thread - Come Join Us!~*~

Hello everyone. Ive been a lurker here, and finally decided to join a couple months ago. I have been driving the wife crazy with my obsessive planning. I've had way too much to plan already, so hopefully the next year will go by quick.

Resort: Beach Club Villas
Dates: March 2nd - March 8th

The 15th will be my oldest 5th birthday. We intended to go this March (2013); however, the additional of son number 3 pushed the plans to next year. What started as just me, the wife, and our three boys, has flourished into 17 of us going.

At the time of the trip the boys will be 4(5 in a week), 3, and 1.

Hello everyone. Ive been a lurker here, and finally decided to join a couple months ago. I have been driving the wife crazy with my obsessive planning. I've had way too much to plan already, so hopefully the next year will go by quick.

The 15th will be my oldest 5th birthday. We intended to go this March (2013); however, the additional of son number 3 pushed the plans to next year. What started as just me, the wife, and our three boys, has flourished into 17 of us going.

Wow!! 17!! Who else is going??

As of right now. It's going to be the following.

Me, wife, our 3 boys
My mother and father
Aunt and Uncle and cousin (10)
Cousin and her boyfriend
Family friend, his wife, and 3 daughters (6,5,2)

Me, wife, our 3 boys
My mother and father
Cousin and her boyfriend

That's great. It sounds like so much fun. We had a great trip with family in Dec but there was only 8 of us :)

Me, wife, our 3 boys
My mother and father
Cousin and her boyfriend

:welcome: to the DIS and to our group! So glad you decided to come out of lurking and join us! This is a very active thread - if you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

A group of 17, huh? Sounds like you have a lot of planning ahead of you! Not to worry - we on the DIS never get tired of Disney talk! :teeth:

I'll get you added to the master list. ::yes::

I lived in the Poconos! I also lived in FL for like 8 months. After moving here we have had enough winter to last us a lifetime! Also, my SIL is in NC, and it seems like a fairly affordable place to live. The school system seems decent and we will at least be an 8-10 hour drive to all of our family (minus my BIL who is in Northern Cali) DH wants to go to AZ, he loves it out there - however our current plan suits our whole family best :)

Sounds like NC would be a good place to be especially since you have family there and 8-10 hours is nothing to visit the rest of the family. Plus you will be SO much closer to WDW!!! :cool1: It's really expensive to live here in New England but we are settled and happy so I am content to wait till the kids graduate before we move out west. I am originally from Erie, PA and I drive my kids and I to visit 4-5 times a year, it's only 8 1/2 hours and thankfully my kids are great travelers. We go visit my parents and my sister and her 3 kids. I really want my children to know my family and be close to their cousins so to me it is worth the drive down.

Welcome to the Dis!!! Our trip we will have a total of 12 people. Always fun to have a large family group spending time together in such a great place!!

gracer9977 said:
Sounds like NC would be a good place to be especially since you have family there and 8-10 hours is nothing to visit the rest of the family. Plus you will be SO much closer to WDW!!! :cool1: It's really expensive to live here in New England but we are settled and happy so I am content to wait till the kids graduate before we move out west. I am originally from Erie, PA and I drive my kids and I to visit 4-5 times a year, it's only 8 1/2 hours and thankfully my kids are great travelers. We go visit my parents and my sister and her 3 kids. I really want my children to know my family and be close to their cousins so to me it is worth the drive down.

!!

I agree with wanting to be near family. We anticipate having MIL living with us too. So this way at least two of her kids would be close. Im also closer with DHs family than mine. We went to NJ/PA last week and I was thankful how great my kids were (3 and 18m) We want to move before they are in school (we do preschool now) I don't want to have too many disruptions for them . And a huge bonus to live in NC - no more flying to MCO!! Although MHT is my fav airport so far.

I agree with wanting to be near family. We anticipate having MIL living with us too. So this way at least two of her kids would be close. Im also closer with DHs family than mine. We went to NJ/PA last week and I was thankful how great my kids were (3 and 18m) We want to move before they are in school (we do preschool now) I don't want to have too many disruptions for them . And a huge bonus to live in NC - no more flying to MCO!! Although MHT is my fav airport so far.

I love the Manchester airport. Such a perfect size and parking is never an issue. So easy to get in and out. :thumbsup2

I get wanting to move before the kids get into school. We tossed around the idea a few years ago about moving to PA. I am really close to my family and would have loved to live closer. My DH is from MA so I already dragged him out of MA to NH and he wasn't thrilled about moving even farther away to PA. We thought about it for a about a week though cause it would have been helpful to be near my family when the kids were so little. But in the end we decided it was better to just stay where we are, especially since we just love our house and our neighbors.

I have dates and a new resort!

May 3rd through 10th - 2014 - at the Beach Club!

Finally had time yesterday and today to go through everything I wanted.

The hubby does NOT want to stay on-site....not even for a few days. He's not Dis-crazed like me! However I have always wanted to stay on-site to experience this "Disney magic bubble" everyone talks about! ::yes::

So we have decided that it would be better to go back to the Girls Only vacation plan that we had before.

I was all set to go with the Poly -- so I could have access to the monorail system, since our youngest daughter has special needs, and my HUBBY started reading the resort reviews after dinner and said, "Why don't you stay at the Beach Club? Then you could walk to a few of the parks or take a boat?"

I think he's trying to get rid of us...what do ya'll think? :rotfl:

We just got home today from a week at the World! We are already planning our next trip for October 2014! Not sure of dates but thinking about AofA and hopefully free dining! Can't wait to get back!

HI! I am planning a trip for late August/early September 2014! My daughter and I have been three times, but not since 2010! I have since added twin boys to my brood, and we will be taking my parents along! So 3 adults, DD will be 10 at time of travel, and my twin boys will be 2 years and 8 months old at time of travel! I wanted to slip them in before they turn 3!

Any thoughts, suggestions on where to start with a group like this? I do not wish to share a room with my parents, and I don't have a resort preference - though I would love to stay on the monorail since my twins will require strollers, but unless there is a great deal for one of those resorts, I am thinking Moderate or one of the new Animation resorts. I need to brush up on my Disney education as a lot has changed since 2010!

Anyways, I will be checking back from time to time, so any info would be great!!

I have dates and a new resort!

May 3rd through 10th - 2014 - at the Beach Club!

Finally had time yesterday and today to go through everything I wanted.

The hubby does NOT want to stay on-site....not even for a few days. He's not Dis-crazed like me! However I have always wanted to stay on-site to experience this "Disney magic bubble" everyone talks about! ::yes::

So we have decided that it would be better to go back to the Girls Only vacation plan that we had before.

I was all set to go with the Poly -- so I could have access to the monorail system, since our youngest daughter has special needs, and my HUBBY started reading the resort reviews after dinner and said, "Why don't you stay at the Beach Club? Then you could walk to a few of the parks or take a boat?"

I think he's trying to get rid of us...what do ya'll think? :rotfl:

Yay! :yay: You're going to get your BC vacation afterall! :woohoo: I'll get all your stuff updated. ::yes::

We just got home today from a week at the World! We are already planning our next trip for October 2014! Not sure of dates but thinking about AofA and hopefully free dining! Can't wait to get back!

:welcome: to the DIS and to our group! If you have questions about anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

Once you get your dates figured out, just post them and I'll update the list. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for a FD promo. ::yes::

In the meantime, this is an active, friendly group, so jump on in and start posting!

Yay! :yay: You're going to get your BC vacation afterall! :woohoo: I'll get all your stuff updated. ::yes::

Thanks! You're so sweet! :flower3:

Everyone is VERY happy this morning!!

But my youngest son is already trying to worm his way into the trip! As soon as he heard that we were flying, he wants to go. (He loves to fly!) I tolerate it -- so does my oldest daughter - youngest daughter has never flown before!

I said, "But, son, it's supposed to be a girls only trip."

Him: "I'll braid my hair."

:rotfl2:

I'll probably end up taking the little squirt. He's a good boy -- and a straight A student -- I have to give him some reward for that I think. ;)

HI! I am planning a trip for late August/early September 2014! My daughter and I have been three times, but not since 2010! I have since added twin boys to my brood, and we will be taking my parents along! So 3 adults, DD will be 10 at time of travel, and my twin boys will be 2 years and 8 months old at time of travel! I wanted to slip them in before they turn 3!

Any thoughts, suggestions on where to start with a group like this? I do not wish to share a room with my parents, and I don't have a resort preference - though I would love to stay on the monorail since my twins will require strollers, but unless there is a great deal for one of those resorts, I am thinking Moderate or one of the new Animation resorts. I need to brush up on my Disney education as a lot has changed since 2010!

Anyways, I will be checking back from time to time, so any info would be great!!

:welcome: to our group! Glad you decided to join us!

A moderate would give you more room space over AoA, but AoA is new and fresh and the decor is adorable! :scratchin I personally haven't stayed there, but there's at least one person in this group who has who could advise you better if you need detailed info. ::yes::

I guess it comes down to what you want from the resort. If you stay at one of the PO resorts (FQ or POR), you can share amenities, including the pools. These sister resorts couldn't be more different - one is large, one is small, one has a TS restaurant and QS, the other just a QS ... on and on. What they do both have going for them is the boat service to DTD, if that's something that interests you.

CB and CSR are both fairly large resorts as well, each with their own +/-. CSR has a conference center, so checking into who or what might be there during your stay is important.

If you don't want to share a room, you could request connecting rooms - that would give you all your own space, but you'd share a door. If that's something that interests you, remember that it's only a request, not a guarantee, and if you want it make sure that's your only request when you make the reservation.

I've probably managed to confuse you even more, yeah? :blush: Anyhow, once you get your details narrowed down more, make sure to post them and I'll get you added to the list.

Thanks! You're so sweet! :flower3:

Everyone is VERY happy this morning!!

But my youngest son is already trying to worm his way into the trip! As soon as he heard that we were flying, he wants to go. (He loves to fly!) I tolerate it -- so does my oldest daughter - youngest daughter has never flown before!

I said, "But, son, it's supposed to be a girls only trip."

Him: "I'll braid my hair."

:rotfl2:

I'll probably end up taking the little squirt. He's a good boy -- and a straight A student -- I have to give him some reward for that I think. ;)

:lmao: How old is he? That is so funny! That's quick thinking there! :laughing:

Random question, fellow '14ers. When do EMHs and park hours get released? Like how far in advanced? :cool1:

Welcome to the thread/group, hsmamainva, drirun, PrincessDreams2, and anyone else I've missed! :goodvibes

Well ya'll, I have a little update of my own that's completely :offtopic:

My husband couldn't get the dates off in May, so we can't go to WDW for the F&G Festival. :sad: He's asked for a different week, in June, and after looking into airfare for Summer, we've decided not to go to WDW at all this year. We're going to drive and do a trip to Myrtle Beach instead! :banana:

I'm happy and I'm sad. I've been to MB, but my husband never has, so it should be a fun trip. I'll miss going to WDW this year, but I know we have our trip next year, so that helps! :laughing:

Random question, fellow '14ers. When do EMHs and park hours get released? Like how far in advanced? :cool1:

Welcome to the thread/group, hsmamainva, drirun, PrincessDreams2, and anyone else I've missed! :goodvibes

Right now, you can get to the hours up until May on the TA calendar, so I'm thinking 3-4 months out. :confused3

Well ya'll, I have a little update of my own that's completely :offtopic:

My husband couldn't get the dates off in May, so we can't go to WDW for the F&G Festival. :sad: He's asked for a different week, in June, and after looking into airfare for Summer, we've decided not to go to WDW at all this year. We're going to drive and do a trip to Myrtle Beach instead! :banana:

I'm happy and I'm sad. I've been to MB, but my husband never has, so it should be a fun trip. I'll miss going to WDW this year, but I know we have our trip next year, so that helps! :laughing:
I live in MB - have fun! ;)

And 3-4 months out? Grrr.. how do people plan ADRs if they don't know EMH's/hours/etc?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter