The Official 2013 Fall Professional Internship Thread!

Devux said:
Bit of an update. I talked to a manager from the resort I worked at as a CP. He told me that this is the final stage. The panel interview.

What do you mean by the coaching in the second round?

I do recall some fellow CMs who went for MI's having rigorous "training" seasons for the panel by front desk managers. This seemed a but biased to me, if the managers liked you, you got favored and given more coaching.

Recruiting was coaching the candidates after the 2nd round. They told you if you made it to the 3rd round right away and then gave you things to brush up on and told you what things the leaders would want to hear about. Just because you ace an exam that doesn't mean you actually know anything about a subject and could perform well in it, yk?

I've tried to find more information but I guess they aren't as popular, has anybody else applied for the science internships under the animal programs category? A lot of them seemed to only be for alumni, but I applied for 2 and I'm still In Progress for both.

I applied for some, but am NLIC for all but the Environmental Program Management, under animal programs. There hasn't really been any dashboard movement.

I've tried to find more information but I guess they aren't as popular, has anybody else applied for the science internships under the animal programs category? A lot of them seemed to only be for alumni, but I applied for 2 and I'm still In Progress for both.

I applied for one PI in Animal Programs. One thing to keep in mind is that AP does not do phone screenings or traditional 1st and 2nd interviews. They contact you directly via email and may ask you to fill out a questionnaire and once they receive that you get a confirmation email that your application is complete. This is kind of like passing the initial screening and then they make contact you for a phone interview, which will be very specific to the position you applied for.

Being IP is a good sign, they don't use the dashboard much. I'd suggest checking out the facebook page for Fall 2013 PI applicants. There's a lot of info on there. I know AP has started phone interviews for some positions and some people have already gotten offers. Good luck! :)

Anyone have a second interview yet?
I had my screening interview, and was accepted for the college program as well, but had to turn it down because I'd rather have the PI. My dashboard still says "In Progress" for the PI I applied for but I'm still waiting to hear about a second interview :/
It isn't one of the usual ones though - it's for a product development position at the Wonderground Gallery in Anaheim and the interviewer told me that this position was a bit different than the usual ones and might do things a bit differently, so I'm wondering if maybe they're already offering it to people...

Anyone have a second interview yet?
I had my screening interview, and was accepted for the college program as well, but had to turn it down because I'd rather have the PI. My dashboard still says "In Progress" for the PI I applied for but I'm still waiting to hear about a second interview :/
It isn't one of the usual ones though - it's for a product development position at the Wonderground Gallery in Anaheim and the interviewer told me that this position was a bit different than the usual ones and might do things a bit differently, so I'm wondering if maybe they're already offering it to people...

Hey, I have only had a screening/1st interview. I got an email yesterday requesting my transcripts for a second time. The interviewer said that there normally is not a second interview for the position I am trying to get (a business position). All we can do is wait. There seems to be a few different methods of hiring being applied to the PI program. I wish you the best.

I've applied for 7 PIs that I feel I qualify for on March 3rd. NLIC for 2 of them after about a week and the remaining 5 "in progress". I keep hoping for a phone interview but no such luck yet. Anyone else waiting on an initial interview? I'd like to think I'm not the only one, and that I'm not out of the running without so much as a phone call. Thanks.

I have 2 internships which are in progress but no email for an initial interview. Last year I had one interview which was the screening interview I think because she said it was for all the PI's I applied for then I received a follow up call asking additional questions regarding 2 specific internships. I was in "interview" stage up until the final week for their decisions then got NLIC'd for the final 2. This year it seems much different. I would def love to be interviewed at least - I hope you get an interview too!

I have three PI applications and a job app. Still in "submission" phase for all four. Seems a bit strange; I applied to the job well over a month ago. I've been working my professional network as hard as I dare trying to get the one internship. It's rare I get so excited about looking for a job.

Anyone else stuck in "submission" torture chamber?

I am new to posting, but have been following the professional internship board for a while.

I havent found anyone who has applied to the HRIS call center internship for fall of 2013... wondering if anyone has?

I also have had one phone interview for the general 5 PI's I have applied for. Currently I am NLIC on the majority, but the HRIS call center I am IP.

Hey everyone!

I am still waiting on a bunch of responses from the PIs I applied for, but in the meantime I accepted the position in Attractions for Fall Advantage!

I've already done my PI Screening interview.

Here is what I am still 'in progress' for:
Management: Theme Park Operations
Yellow Shoes Copywriter/Concept (Glendale, CA)
Disney University Products and Services
Distribution Marketing Services (Graphic Design)
Workforce Insights and Evaluation

I also applied to the 'Entertainment Tech' internships a few days ago and I am still in 'submission' for those.

My main goal is the 'Management: Theme Park Operations' internship. Has anyone gotten their second interview for that particular one? If not, does anyone know when they might be occurring? I am so scared it will sit 'in progress' and then be turned into NLIC before I have a chance to talk to the folks down in Lake Buena Vista.

Any news on the Entertainment Tech position? That's the one that I'd really like to get. Applications ended last night.

I have three PI applications and a job app. Still in "submission" phase for all four. Seems a bit strange; I applied to the job well over a month ago. I've been working my professional network as hard as I dare trying to get the one internship. It's rare I get so excited about looking for a job.

Anyone else stuck in "submission" torture chamber?

Me. I've got one left that I'm still in submission for. I was nlic'd from the other 2 I applied for within a week or 2

I've been NLIC'd for 6 of the 7 PIs I applied for without a phone interview. Finally got an email today for an initial phone screening on Wednesday for the last PI I'm still eligible for. This is my only shot at a PI since I graduate in May so I'm really crossing my fingers for this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter