The Official 2013 Fall/Fall Advantage Thread!!

CONGRATS! I'm actually quite envious as I'm an Engineering (and Biology) major who would absolutely LOVE that role! Did you say anything specific that geared towards being place in the Transportation role?
Well I've had experience as a ride operator for two coasters at my local Six Flags park, so that probably helped a bit. I emphasized my love for spieling and such, which was my favorite part of operating, along with the fact that many guests at the park enjoyed it as well.

I was actually a bit surprised that I landed the role as my main was Attractions, but looking back I did emphasize spieling quite a bit which is prevalent in Transportation (I have no experience with a radio, but the mic at Six Flags isn't much different).

Looks like it's a pending party! I just interviewed yesterday, and got that email tonight. I said my top three were merchandise, attractions, and custodial. It took me almost the whole two weeks before my interview to decide those, lol.

Looks like it's a pending party! I just interviewed yesterday, and got that email tonight. I said my top three were merchandise, attractions, and custodial. It took me almost the whole two weeks before my interview to decide those, lol.

WOOT! PENDING PARTY! Hopefully we all get in though!

Just accepted today for Fall Advantage for Custodial! So incredibly excited!! :yay:

Congrats!! Everyone I talked to loved custodial so I think you'll have a great time. And it's great to see someone else from NJ get fall adv. For a while I thought I was the only one!

:banana:

I hope we all get good news in the end! Maybe our party will make the wait more bearable :woohoo:

surferdude said:
Did you get accepted as attractions or do you not knw for sure (I new to this so idk if they tell your right away)? But my interviewer was Caralynn, she seemed nice but gave NO feedback, she only said anything to ask a question and stayed very monotone-ish. I started upbeat (saying I was fantastic, and asking her how she was which she responded with something like fine or good), I think i stopped smiling as much towards the middle cause I was so nervous and focusing on my answer but finished smiling. It lasted 19mins, 51 secs (checked my cell phone timer), so Im not really sure what I did wrong or w.e, I thought I had good answers and all.

I got accepted as quick service food and beverage

I got accepted for custodial yesterday, and just five days after my interview! Can't wait to see you guys down there! I'll be doing the Fall Program. :)

MegCasey said:
I got accepted for custodial yesterday, and just five days after my interview! Can't wait to see you guys down there! I'll be doing the Fall Program. :)

Yay custodial! Congrats! :)

I interviewed yesterday morning and had Kim. She was super nice, and like others have said, she didn't give me much feedback. (I guess that's a thing this semester?) It lasted 25 minutes, which I hope is good! A LOT of my questions were pertaining to my last CP (or maybe I just brought it up a lot?) so I kind of expected that. Had one or two that I wasn't planning for, but I think it went pretty well! The only thing I regret not mentioning was my experience as being a trainer on my last CP, but hopefully that'll be okay. We also spent a good amount of time talking about my current job, which is working as a ticket seller/greeter/Guest Relations person/turnstile person at a local Aquarium, and I did select MEO as my number one choice, so I guess we'll see!

Now it's time to wait! I feel like I check my dash every 5 minutes but I know it won't change that much. :rotfl:

MegCasey said:

Congrats! Btw i love you avatar. :P

Nensense said:
Does anybody know what time-frame acceptances usually get sent out?

I haven't really noticed a pattern, but that's probably because I don't know exactly when folks have gotten their emails. I know I got my pending one at 9:44 last night, anyone else have a close time for an acceptance? It seems like evenings and mornings to me but I'm just guessing.

I got my pending one around noon yesterday which would of been February 25th. I am not sure there is a pattern. My top three roles were attractions, character attendant, and merchandise. My interviewer was not as upbeat either. She was nice, but really gave no feedback or gave a small laugh when I made a joke. The interview lasted around 26 minutes or so. Congrats to all of the people who got accepted!

I got my pending one around noon yesterday which would of been February 25th. I am not sure there is a pattern. My top three roles were attractions, character attendant, and merchandise. My interviewer was not as upbeat either. She was nice, but really gave no feedback or gave a small laugh when I made a joke. The interview lasted around 26 minutes or so. Congrats to all of the people who got accepted!

Hm, I got my pending email exactly at 7:00pm PST last night. I've noticed that a lot of us who had Attractions as our first choice have been put on Pending. I wonder if there is a correlation.

Hm, I got my pending email exactly at 7:00pm PST last night. I've noticed that a lot of us who had Attractions as our first choice have been put on Pending. I wonder if there is a correlation.

Attractions was my second choice... perhaps there is a pattern, but I've already given up looking for it. (What time zone are you guys? I'm in EST.)

Also, I read this a bit ago:
Don’t waste time after your interview trying to speculate about what a decision may be or try to figure out some sort of pattern for roles being offered (one doesn’t exist).
source

It'll happen when it happens.

So I hadn't applied because I didn't think that my mom would be happy about it, but I was talking to her yesterday about a friend who did Spring 2012 and she said that I should apply! So I applied earlier today and passed the Web Interview just now! Now just have to wait for the email to schedule my phone interview! I can't believe that this is happening! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter