• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Office used to be my favorite show

ebtbmom

DIS Veteran
now, just, :sad1::sad2:. Why didn't they just let it die a quite, peaceful, natural death when Michael left? Why drag it out and torture us and make us embarrassed for it wishing it were out of it's misery?

I watched last night, honestly I can't even remember it, I think I was on here talking about Busch Gardens or something. Anyone feel me? Anyone else mouring the loss of The Office that once was?

And what about Community? Do we have a hope of it coming back?

Oh The Office lost me...I make no real effort to watch it and since it conflicts with some other recordings I just get it now and then. Very disappointing these days.

The Office is like the bad relationship that I just can't let go of. I loved it once, but things have changed. I want to love it again. I refuse to let it go until I do. :headache:

I completely agree. I loved this show. Absolutely LOVED it. And then the last two or so years it just became...not funny. Even my kids don't like it much anymore. I can't believe I want it to get canceled. But I do.

Is anyone else disappointed they put Andy in Michael's job? I honestly strongly felt they needed fresh blood and a new face/personality to interact with and while they brought on James Spader isn't the same as a replacement for Michael and that really really let me down.

It lost me while sorting thru the bosses... I love it again now that Andy's the boss... not this weeks but the week when they were all in the warehouse trying to load the truck was awesome!! Probably even funnier to me and dh because he works in a warehouse.... I'm so happy its funny again!!

I"m not sure how I feel about The Office anymore. I used to LOVE the show but it lost some spark the last two seasons and that was when Steve Carrell was still there. So I don't think HE or the Michael Scott character were necessarily the glue the holds it together. It was just slipping (and I'm sure Steve Carrell saw that).

Anyway, it has taken be some time to get used to the new setup and I haven't overly enjoyed it. I will say that the Christmas show was the first one to sort of come close to being what the show used to be and I did enjoy that episode. I haven't watched this week's yet.

I think this season is just awful ~ it's rarely funny and just sort of sad. I don't bother watching it anymore. It used to be one of my favorites :(

Is anyone else disappointed they put Andy in Michael's job? I honestly strongly felt they needed fresh blood and a new face/personality to interact with and while they brought on James Spader isn't the same as a replacement for Michael and that really really let me down.

I was hoping that Ricky Gervais would do it but I'm sure he's much too famous now. And what is Robert California's purpose, his he the new Jan?

Oh well, guess good things can't last forever. It was starting to slip once Jim & Pam got married.

I need a new favorite, Community was going to be it until they took that from me too :sad2:

We watch re-runs all the time on different channels and netflix. I don't remember the last time I saw one of the new episodes. It may have been as long ago as October. We used to make a point of catching the new show, but not so much any more, sadly.

Sadly, it's just not good anymore. It was my favorite show. Now, I'd have to say it's either Modern Family of The Big Bang Theory.

I thought James Spader might be able to breathe some new life into The Office but he does not work at all in that role. Weird because he is such a great actor. As someone else said, it's more sad than funny now. I stopped watching it a few episodes ago.

It used to be my favorite show, too - I mean I really LOVED The Office. My whole family used to watch it together. I'm still watching it because I'm sort of attached to the characters. :laughing: However, it's not nearly as funny as it used to be, and I just plain don't like the Robert California character.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter