~*~*~The Oct 2014 waiting patiently (or not so) for a discount thread ~*~*~

I noticed that BC/YC are all booked for the week of 10/18 and the BWI only has standard and CLGV rooms. Wow! I'm suprised that week is so busy with no FD. I'm thinking the chance of RO that week for those resorts is pretty slim since they are filling the rooms at RR :headache:

I wonder if the Mods and values are booked for that week too? If so it's going to be crazy down there that week :eek:

I noticed that BC/YC are all booked for the week of 10/18 and the BWI only has standard and CLGV rooms. Wow! I'm suprised that week is so busy with no FD. I'm thinking the chance of RO that week for those resorts is pretty slim since they are filling the rooms at RR :headache: I wonder if the Mods and values are booked for that week too? If so it's going to be crazy down there that week :eek:

People usually book the epcot resorts up for Food and wine. Maybe thats why YC/BC are booked.

I noticed that BC/YC are all booked for the week of 10/18 and the BWI only has standard and CLGV rooms. Wow! I'm suprised that week is so busy with no FD. I'm thinking the chance of RO that week for those resorts is pretty slim since they are filling the rooms at RR :headache:

I wonder if the Mods and values are booked for that week too? If so it's going to be crazy down there that week :eek:

We are staying at ASMu Oct 18 - 22. I tried to call and move to another value resort due to the construction going on. We have 2 rooms. My options were pay another $200 to go to POP or $160 to go to Sports.

I declined since I have already paid a small fortune for this trip. I say small fortune, it's a lot of money for us. We won't be doing this again for some time. The CM that I spoke to was not very pleasant about it. I was not being rude, I just did not want to pay more for the rooms.

I'm concerned about crowd levels. I better get a hang of this FP+ thing!

I think the people fleeing the Poly and WL because of construction and pool closures are really having an impact on availibility at the other resorts and also keeping the rates high (RR).

I'm glad I booked my Dolphin reservation a few months back and switched from RR at YC as the Dolphin is now booked for that week too! (and the rates went up!) :eek: I am paying at the Dolphin what I would pay with 35% off at the YC. Phew... glad I jumped ship early!!

Help me decide my dates please! Oringinally we were going to go October 22-28, but now that free dining is out we are thinking of switching to October 30-nov. 5. At pop century or sept. 27- October 3 at SS for the room only discount. Which week is the best in your opinion and why? I need to book soon. Thanks!

I think the people fleeing the Poly and WL because of construction and pool closures are really having an impact on availibility at the other resorts and also keeping the rates high (RR). I'm glad I booked my Dolphin reservation a few months back and switched from RR at YC as the Dolphin is now booked for that week too! (and the rates went up!) :eek: I am paying at the Dolphin what I would pay with 35% off at the YC. Phew... glad I jumped ship early!!

You know that is an excellent point. Also many schools are out 10/23 and 10/24 making it an extremely busy time. Not expecting RO discounts. I would change our plans to September in a heart beat it we weren't traveling with a party of 16 from two states. We never considered either WL or Poly after hearing about construction, I'm sure eliminating two major Deluxe resorts off everyone's wish list fills up all resorts.

They opened up the free dining in October at more resorts today!

yesterday I was paying rack rate at the Animation suites and today still rack rate but with FREE dining!!! Yay!! It really is free food now! ;) :woohoo:

They opened up the free dining in October at more resorts today!

yesterday I was paying rack rate at the Animation suites and today still rack rate but with FREE dining!!! Yay!! It really is free food now! ;) :woohoo:

Where are you seeing this? As far as I know, there are blackout weeks in Oct (including the one we're coming on Oct 19th)

Where are you seeing this? As far as I know, there are blackout weeks in Oct (including the one we're coming on Oct 19th)

I wish they had some dates in the middle of Oct. there's free dining right after I leave!

~October 18-26, 2014~

Nice...so this within the free dining dates that were announced back in May. Great that you have free dining. Enjoy your trip!

Nope, originally there was no free dining at value resorts during this time. They opened it up this morning for the Animation suites & suites All Star Music.

I wish they had some dates in the middle of Oct. there's free dining right after I leave!

~October 18-26, 2014~

Keep checking back, maybe they'll open it up for your dates too!! Hope your able to get it!!

I split my reservation so that I could get the free dining plan. Staying at Pop from 10/26-11/1 (free dining). We arrive on 10/25, so I booked the POR for that one night. Would really like to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Has anyone seen/heard of any discounts floating around for that timeframe????

Has anyone heard any news about room only discounts for the blackout period in October?

Has anyone heard any news about room only discounts for the blackout period in October?

I'm starting to get discouraged. My dates are 10/10 - 10/18... seems like the busiest week in October. I wish I hadn't booked my flights so early because I would have switched my dates for free dining, but with the flight penalties, it's just not worth it. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter