~*~*~The Oct 2014 waiting patiently (or not so) for a discount thread ~*~*~

Why do you have a reservation at YC if without a discount if you won't stay there without a discount?:confused3

I would cancel and book the Dolphin. Then if FD opens up at YC, or a good RO comes out or you get a PIN then you can book YC.

I had booked the YC back in January without the thought of any discounts and was ok with it.

We aren't interested in the FD and the last few months I remembered what great trips me and my Mom had to the Dolphin for so many years and looked at the price and it's much less than the YC but was hoping there would be 30-35% off YC so it would be closer to the cost of the Dolphin. I can't justify $1,200 more for the week for a hotel room and am being indecisive! :)

I know I need to cancel it but it's like a painful breakup :( :rotfl2:

I had booked the YC back in January without the thought of any discounts and was ok with it.

We aren't interested in the FD and the last few months I remembered what great trips me and my Mom had to the Dolphin for so many years and looked at the price and it's much less than the YC but was hoping there would be 30-35% off YC so it would be closer to the cost of the Dolphin. I can't justify $1,200 more for the week for a hotel room and am being indecisive! :)

I know I need to cancel it but it's like a painful breakup :( :rotfl2:

Now that makes sense. I understand completely.

I was able to get free dining for Oct 3-11 with my Visa Card. The family traveling with us called yesterday and, after an hour wait, was told that no rooms are available at POP for those dates anymore. Is there anything else we can do? I feel bad for us getting the FD and them missing out on it. :confused3

I was able to get free dining for Oct 3-11 with my Visa Card. The family traveling with us called yesterday and, after an hour wait, was told that no rooms are available at POP for those dates anymore. Is there anything else we can do? I feel bad for us getting the FD and them missing out on it. :confused3

Nothing but keep trying. Some people may drop and rooms open up.

Booked yesterday on a FD Pin. Got two rooms at POR for eight nights starting 10/3 through 10/11, five adults, three children (one of which is a Disney adult) with a 5 day base ticket for $6900.:banana:

Just got a free dining PIN too! Our dates were not eligible for FD originally, so I was beyond thrilled to get the PIN even though I have to adjust our dates a bit.

I just wanted to throw this out there. I was booking first thing when the promotion came out on Wednesday for October 3-11 and the only value that showed availability was Sports. But if I changed the date to October 2-11, then POP Century showed as available so I booked that and then called later to remove the first day. It worked like a charm.

I just wanted to throw this out there. I was booking first thing when the promotion came out on Wednesday for October 3-11 and the only value that showed availability was Sports. But if I changed the date to October 2-11, then POP Century showed as available so I booked that and then called later to remove the first day. It worked like a charm.

We want to book from 10/1-10/10 and it tells me no rooms are available. But when I book from 9/30-10/10 they are. I wonder if I could book 9/30-10/10 and then call and get 9/30 removed?

8/25–10/3,
10/19–11/1,
11/9–11/22
12/12–12/23/14

Looks like more time in October & less exclusions on hotels. I was able to have them apply it for us to stay at POFQ. I changed my dates from 9/30 - 10/9. I really hope I can somehow get 10/1 - 10/10 because we would like to start off with Universal rather than end with it. I also already booked Cabana bay for 9/30!

8/25–10/3,
10/19–11/1,
11/9–11/22
12/12–12/23/14

Looks like more time in October & less exclusions on hotels. I was able to have them apply it for us to stay at POFQ. I changed my dates from 9/30 - 10/9. I really hope I can somehow get 10/1 - 10/10 because we would like to start off with Universal rather than end with it. I also already booked Cabana bay for 9/30!

So they were the same dates that were offered to the general public?

GP Dates:

August 31 to October 3, 2014
October 26 to November 1, 2014
November 9 to November 20, 2014
December 12 to December 23, 2014

PIN Dates:

August 25 to October 3, 2014
October 19 to November 1, 2014
November 9 to November 22, 2014

PIN added 6 extra days in August, an extra week in October & 2 days in November. Also, you can book up to a month later & at POFQ, POR, All Star Movies.

GP Dates:

PIN Dates:

PIN added 6 extra days in August, an extra week in October & 2 days in November. Also, you can book up to a month later & at POFQ, POR, All Star Movies.

Oh my gosh! I was mixed up with the dates! Sorry! That's a nice pin to get! I hope they send out more! :D

GP Dates:

PIN Dates:

Also, did you get the pin by regular mail or by email?

Oh my gosh! I was mixed up with the dates! Sorry! That's a nice pin to get! I hope they send out more! :D

No problem! I am in a FB group for October DISers & it seems that most people had planned on going during that extra week that the pin offers FD for! I hope that more people get a PIN. Ever since we came back from our first trip we always get them but they always have my boyfriend's name attached!

No problem! I am in a FB group for October DISers & it seems that most people had planned on going during that extra week that the pin offers FD for! I hope that more people get a PIN. Ever since we came back from our first trip we always get them but they always have my boyfriend's name attached!

Did you get the pin by mail or by email?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter