~*~*~The Oct 2014 waiting patiently (or not so) for a discount thread ~*~*~

I narrowed down my dates for Oct 21-17 and Mom request off! Happy dance! I got about $1000 saved up so far!!!

Does anyone have experience with renting DVC points. How do you make reservations and FP+? Do you still get magic bands? How does that work?

Does anyone have experience with renting DVC points. How do you make reservations and FP+? Do you still get magic bands? How does that work?

I was wondering this as well. We were going to rent DVC points for this next trip but there were only 2 resorts that had openings.

I narrowed down my dates for Oct 21-17 and Mom request off! Happy dance! I got about $1000 saved up so far!!!

I was wondering this as well. We were going to rent DVC points for this next trip but there were only 2 resorts that had openings.

It's essentially just like having a RO reservation. You'll link your room reservation to MDE. Buy your tickets separately and link your tickets.

Anyone with a linked room/ticket combo is eligible for FP+ and anyone with at least a room will get a MB.

Nothing really different at all.

It's essentially just like having a RO reservation. You'll link your room reservation to MDE. Buy your tickets separately and link your tickets.

Anyone with a linked room/ticket combo is eligible for FP+ and anyone with at least a room will get a MB.

Nothing really different at all.

Thank you!

So got the disney visa discount for June-Aug. Hopefully the next rounds of discounts will be Sept-Nov!!! :wizard:

We booked our airfare so there's no turning back now.
Will probably book rooms in a few weeks and then keep checking back for pins periodically. If no FD, a play/stay/dine wouldn't be to bad either. Here's hoping it follows the same pattern as last year.

Can I have someone's opinion? Is it better to have a 25% off room discount or free dining? Which is the better value?

Can I have someone's opinion? Is it better to have a 25% off room discount or free dining? Which is the better value?

It depends on how many people are in your party. For us, a family of 5, FD is a great thing mixed with a moderate resort stay. A deluxe stay even with 35% off for 6 nights still doesn't give us a good enough savings compared to the free dining. My in-laws have 1 child, so a deluxe stay with a 30 or 35% discount is more savings than free dining. :)

Soooo bummed. Southwest has finally released prices for October, they are CHEAP right now, and our school district still hasn't released the 2014-15 calendar. In fact, they are having meetings about it to discuss making radical changes such as taking away FALL BREAK. :( I will be so sad if we can't go to WDW at our favorite time of the year again...

Carry on... just had to vent somewhere! :worried:

Waiting to see if there will be some good discounts for late September/early October. Seriously thinking about a solo trip this year. If I can't afford it this year, then hopefully next year. :goodvibes

Fingers crossed! It should definitely be this week :D

The current park hours only go to Sept 22, which is only 180 days minus 11 days...so it doesn't look like it goes out much different than the 180 days...which is a pain for figuring out ADRs and which park what day.

The current park hours only go to Sept 22, which is only 180 days minus 11 days...so it doesn't look like it goes out much different than the 180 days...which is a pain for figuring out ADRs and which park what day.

We are referring to Disney's calendar release to the travel agents. All of September has been out for about a month now. :goodvibes I must have checked for October about 50 times on Friday. :rotfl2: Hoping tomorrow is the day! popcorn::

We are referring to Disney's calendar release to the travel agents. All of September has been out for about a month now. :goodvibes I must have checked for October about 50 times on Friday. :rotfl2: Hoping tomorrow is the day! popcorn::

Would this info be released to the public? My whole schedule is based on last year's dates to predict when the MNSSHP will fall (since MK closes at 7pm on those nights).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter