~*~*~The Oct 2014 waiting patiently (or not so) for a discount thread ~*~*~

We are planning a trip Oct 18-26th. Right now trying to figure out if it's cheaper to take the room discount that usually comes out or rent points from a DVC Memeber. We are a family of 5 and there are not many hotels that can get us into one room. Although, the Art of Animation looks nice. But that's almost as much as a standard room with the discount at some of the Delux hotels. Decisions, decisions.......

You should get better pricing if you rent points (I'm pricing a trip for 4 families next October 18-24) but you will find it hard to cancel if you need to. In 2010 and 2011 we were able to get 30% off a villa at BCV or Free DDP.

Count us in! Me and DFi (who will be DH by the time we leave for our trip :) ) will be going to Orlando on October 14th, 2014 and staying until approximately the 21st/22nd. First night will be at Loew's RPR, then Pop.

We are going regardless of whether or not we get a discount, but definitely would take advantage of one :)

We are planning on being there Sept 29 - Oct 2...hope to stay at POFQ for a mother-daughter trip with fingers crossed for free dining.

DH and I are hoping for free dining, we are thinking about going sometime during the first 2 weeks of Oct. :cool1: It would be our first real trip (aside from a few day trips) since 2008!

I know that PINs are very random, and there are no guarantees for a discount. However, how far in advance do PINs come out. For instance, when would you expect PINs for October, 2014? Thanks

I know that PINs are very random, and there are no guarantees for a discount. However, how far in advance do PINs come out. For instance, when would you expect PINs for October, 2014? Thanks

They can come at anytime. I had a PIN for my Sept. 2013 trip and I received it (by email in August 2012) so I got mine a whole year in advance. I haven't received one for my Oct. 2014 trip yet but I'm still holding out hope. I don't think there is a set time--that's why they are so elusive--nobody really know how they work. But Disney released discounts do tend to be released at fairly predictable times. Mousesavers dot com has distorical data when Disney discounts are released, but as far as PINs go, ya' just never know :confused3 when you will be the lucky one selected. :cheer2:

I just received a pin last week for 35% off resorts on select days from January - September and Free Dining for select days from January - March.

I am really hoping for a pin for my October trip. I seem to get them ALL the time!

froggy922 said:
They can come at anytime. I had a PIN for my Sept. 2013 trip and I received it (by email in August 2012) so I got mine a whole year in advance. I haven't received one for my Oct. 2014 trip yet but I'm still holding out hope. I don't think there is a set time--that's why they are so elusive--nobody really know how they work. But Disney released discounts do tend to be released at fairly predictable times. Mousesavers dot com has distorical data when Disney discounts are released, but as far as PINs go, ya' just never know :confused3 when you will be the lucky one selected. :cheer2:

Thanks for the info. I got one previously and it was close to a whole year in advance too but I wasn't sure if that was "normal." Hoping for a pin this time around but if we don't get it we will still be going :). I did check out mousesavers and it seems that Fall discounts come out at the end of July, beginning of August if there are any.

October 17-26 Here. I got a free dining PIN for this time period for 2013 but wasn't near ready to go then. Here's hoping.

We have a trip booked at AoA for Oct 25-31. I'm considering doing a split-stay though if FD becomes available, and staying at POR the first few nights. Does anyone know, can I modify my dates online, or do I have to call and do it?

I'm taking my daughter for her 9th birthday. We will be at Disney Oct. 18 - 24. Currently booked at AOA, but will bump up to a moderate if free dining is offered.

Just got next year's school calendar and it looks like our fall break falls during the Gartner Symposium week. We are going Oct. 4-11. Not really counting on anything better than AAA discount, but it sure would be nice!

We went the week of the Gartner conference in 2011. I didn't think it made the parks more crowded. It just makes it harder to get a good discount because the rooms get booked. That week is blacked out of the current bounce back offer.

We are going Sept 25 - Oct 15 (including a one week Caribbean cruise). AOA in a LM room mind you. Can't wait.:dance3:

We went the week of the Gartner conference in 2011. I didn't think it made the parks more crowded. It just makes it harder to get a good discount because the rooms get booked. That week is blacked out of the current bounce back offer.

Did you end up getting any discount? Like even a room only. Thank you. I really hate to pay full price

Hi! We went again this year the 27th through Nov. 3rd. Its our favorite time to go. :thumbsup2 Our MNSSHP was on the 31st. The party was so much fun that our plan is to be at the party every Halloween!:cool1: Lets hope for free dining again this October.:thumbsup2 Now I need to decide where we are going to stay...let the fun begin.:cool1::thumbsup2

Sorry to hijack..just wanted to say :wave2: Hi PrincessP!!

We went in October of this year too..missed you by a few days...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter