~*~*~The Oct 2014 waiting patiently (or not so) for a discount thread ~*~*~

I know we will be going sometime in October 2014. We want to avoid Columbus Day and my sister's birthday on the 23rd (she's not going but my Mom is coming with us).

Count me in for Oct 14 also... not sure on exact date. Gonna float it to the discounts come out. No discount would likely mean offsite, but FD would move me into a Disney resort.

A few years ago, I actually missed the inital free dining offer for this time of year. It came out in Nov/Dec of the prior year (!). Luckily they did a second round of it in the late spring that solved my problems. I doubt they would run that again.

We are doing the Disney Cruise (1st time on a Disney cruise) and then a few days in the park after. So it looks like we'll be there around Oct 2 2014! Can't wait!!! Just gotta narrow down where to stay, keep our budget down, and have TONS of fun!

We're planning for Oct 13-17th with my daughter and her husband. Then driving down to Miami on the 17th to catch the Wonder. I really, really hope for Free Dining!

We are also hoping for an oct 2014 trip - while I wish all of you super free dining, I have fingers crossed for simultaneously room/tix discount b/c we may be trying club level for first time, so at least some of our dining needs will be included. Good luck all!
. We went last year 10/25 to 11/5 and we had free dining. We are going again in 2014 same dates. Wishing and hoping

Welcome everyone!!!! Well Columbus day is the 13th next year so probably no discount that weekend BUT I am hoping PIN's will be emailed soon. Yes you can book now and call and get a discount added.

I have to figure out which days I wanna be in which park so I can work on my ADR's.... only 6months to go til I can book those LOL

Help!! We MUST have free dining for our next trip. My daughter and her husband is going with us....SO...which week would be best to go for?

Monday Oct 6-10
or
Monday Oct 13 (Columbus Day) -17

Help!! We MUST have free dining for our next trip. My daughter and her husband is going with us....SO...which week would be best to go for?

Monday Oct 6-10
or
Monday Oct 13 (Columbus Day) -17

You are more likely to get free dining during the first week of October. Here are the past 3 years dates:

Free Dining is being offered to guests ARRIVING during the following dates.

Oct 1 - 6, 2011
Oct 22 - Nov 3, 2011

September 30 – October 4, 2012
October 19 - November 1, 2012

29 – October 2, 2013
October 18 – November 2, 2013

Hello from Canada! :)

What a surprise, I too am planning for October 2014!

Dates are flexible, but I was hoping to go over Canadian Thanksgiving, but I'm just realizing this is also your Columbus Day. I'm thinking maybe it'll be busier then and perhaps I should go BEFORE the holiday? Anyone have input?

My original plans was to eat OOP (it's just me and 2 boys, when we go they will be 8 and 6). I've paid twice for dining, and they just don't eat enough. OOP is cheaper since I can just get 2 meals and split (and still have goodies to go with us). And if that's the case, then I'm homing for a ROOM discount. HOWEVER, if Free Dining is offered, well that's pretty much a no brainer.

Plan is to stay at POP again, although the boys really want to stay at AoA, but I know AoA usually doesn't offer any discounts.

Waiting, no so patiently.... popcorn::

Hello from Canada! :)

What a surprise, I too am planning for October 2014!

Dates are flexible, but I was hoping to go over Canadian Thanksgiving, but I'm just realizing this is also your Columbus Day. I'm thinking maybe it'll be busier then and perhaps I should go BEFORE the holiday? Anyone have input?

My original plans was to eat OOP (it's just me and 2 boys, when we go they will be 8 and 6). I've paid twice for dining, and they just don't eat enough. OOP is cheaper since I can just get 2 meals and split (and still have goodies to go with us). And if that's the case, then I'm homing for a ROOM discount. HOWEVER, if Free Dining is offered, well that's pretty much a no brainer.

Plan is to stay at POP again, although the boys really want to stay at AoA, but I know AoA usually doesn't offer any discounts.

Waiting, no so patiently.... popcorn::

I would try for before Columbus day!

My daughter booked her October trip on line yesterday. She's hearing impaired so she asked me to call and add that her husband's birthday will be celebrated on this trip. While I was on the phone the Cast Member told me to check back in July/August for a special discount for October bookings. I hope it's Free Dining!

My daughter booked her October trip on line yesterday. She's hearing impaired so she asked me to call and add that her husband's birthday will be celebrated on this trip. While I was on the phone the Cast Member told me to check back in July/August for a special discount for October bookings. I hope it's Free Dining!

Great news! So if I book now, I can still call Disney when the discounts come out and apply them to my existing reservation, correct?

I hope it's a room discount! :)

anyone start planning anything yet? I was looking at this years dates to get an idea of free dining. I have heard that in previous years FDing wasnt really offered in Oct.... anyone know if this is true?

Sorry, I'm late to the thread, but I wanted to toss out there that we had free dining this year for our trip Oct. 20-26!

I'm really crossing my fingers for a return free dining next year for Oct. 11-18 :goodvibes

We are tentatively planning an October trip. It depends on several factors (including my husband work schedule and DS's school schedule).

Right now we are thinking of an arrival between October 1 and 4th, depending on the dates for discounts. We are really, really hoping for free dining, and will may be taking my two nephews, so free dining would be a huge help.

Count me in! We're travelling Oct 25 - Nov 8, but only staying onsite for the first week, in a family suite at ASMu. Second week cost us bumpkins, as it was a timeshare from a family member so we only had to pay the transfer fee.

We're hoping for a discount of some type for our week in Disney. We'd be thrilled with free dining but at this point anything would be great.

How early will PIN's or other discounts show up? Would I need to call and book directly through WDW travel to see if I have one? Or is it too early? And if you already have a ressie is there any chance you'll get a PIN added to your account at some point? Or no?

We are planning a trip Oct 18-26th. Right now trying to figure out if it's cheaper to take the room discount that usually comes out or rent points from a DVC Memeber. We are a family of 5 and there are not many hotels that can get us into one room. Although, the Art of Animation looks nice. But that's almost as much as a standard room with the discount at some of the Delux hotels. Decisions, decisions.......

We are planning a trip Oct 18-26th. Right now trying to figure out if it's cheaper to take the room discount that usually comes out or rent points from a DVC Memeber. We are a family of 5 and there are not many hotels that can get us into one room. Although, the Art of Animation looks nice. But that's almost as much as a standard room with the discount at some of the Delux hotels. Decisions, decisions.......

I stayed with 3 other adults at AOA last November in a Finding Nemo suite. We were able to use a discount, though I've read now that sometimes AOA isn't included in discounts. I looked at the family suite rates at AOA now and couldn't believe the difference, we got such a deal! We loved having the bedroom, and more importantly 2 full baths, for 4 adults. The Murphy bed was comfortable. The sofa bed was okay - it's a sofa bed, after all - I don't think any of them are too comfortable. It was great to have a kitchenette, and we loved the resort. The pool is fantastic, and we liked the food court offerings. The theming is amazing. It's definitely the best value resort, IMO. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter