The Non-Nightmare Before Christmas.. Two Disney Sisters in WDW - December 2009 01/24

Day 6 – the last day... just a few more hours of Disney magic to squeeze in before we head back to chilly England!

Monday 14th December 2009

We did most of our packing before going to bed the night before – so this morning, we got up at 7am – had showers & then called bell services to come collect our luggage & store it for us until our Magical Express coach came (at about 4pm).

We said goodbye to our room..

DSC01696.jpg

And headed to the conference centre – we had a present to post to a friend in the US.. it was nice to see another part of the Boardwalk resort!

DSC01697.jpg
DSC01698.jpg

It was just before 8am, time to get a taxi to.. The Grand Floridian! We had a breakfast ADR at 8.25am at 1900 Park Fare. :thumbsup2

Neither of us had been to this resort before – it was beautiful! Particularly with the Christmas decorations up.

DSC01699.jpg
DSC01700.jpg

We checked in for our breakfast and walked straight up to have our photo taken for the souvenir photo package.
Unlike Tusker House, there was no character to have our picture with (I wonder if sometimes there is?) so it was just us with a Christmas tree – we decided not to buy the photo this time.

Then it was time for breakfast!
We both really enjoyed this meal – there was so much choice!
I was keen to try the strawberry soup that I'd heard was a speciality of the resort..

DSC01708.jpg

Another great thing about the meal was the mix of characters we got to meet!

DSC01703.jpg
DSC01704.jpg

Mary Poppins asked us if we'd “left the boys at home this morning?!”

DSC01706.jpg
DSC01707.jpg

… and when we told Alice we were from England, she said “oh my, you must have fallen down a very long rabbit hole to get here!”

DSC01710.jpg
DSC01709.jpg

The Mad Hatter was really good fun to meet, he asked us where our travels were taking us today – we said MK, and he said we had to ride his favourite, the teacups!
As he left our table he said “well, it was a pleasure to meet me!!” :lmao:

DSC01714.jpg
DSC01713.jpg

We got to see Winnie the Pooh twice!

DSC01712.jpg
DSC01711.jpg

After a delicious breakfast, we did a little exploring around the hotel.

DSC01716.jpg
DSC01715.jpg

We walked up to the next floor to take a look at Victoria & Alberts and the shops.. then we headed out to the monorail – on our way to MK for the last time this trip!

We arrived at the Magic Kingdom and headed to some of the attractions that we'd not done yet.. first up was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

We got Fast Passes for Winnie the Pooh – and we had a little more Disney magic..

DSC01717.jpg

The machine gave us two passes each! One for Pooh, and the other for Mickey's Philharmagic!

Next to Cinderella's Carousel (this was my first ever ride on this!)

DSC01719.jpg
DSC01720.jpg
DSC01721.jpg

We also saw an usual character... Scrooge McDuck!
DSC01723.jpg

We spent some time in Mickey's Toon Town Fair, before it is gone forever when Fantasyland expands!

DSC01730.jpg
DSC01729.jpg
DSC01727.jpg
DSC01726.jpg
DSC01725.jpg

We rode Goofy's Barnstormer for the first time ever too …

DSC01724.jpg

Then to Fantasyland to go to Philharmagic, we almost met Peter Pan but he had to go back to Never Never Land, just as we joined the line.. never mind!
Next we visited 100 acre wood with Pooh and friends.

Back around to Tomorrowland to do a new favourite... Monsters Inc Laugh Floor.

We stopped at the hub to get an essential Disney snack that we'd not eaten yet.. popcorn!

DSC01732.jpg
DSC01731.jpg

By then it was time to head over to Epcot, so we reluctantly left the Magic Kingdom.. I always get a little choked up when I leave MK for the last time of the vacation!

As we exited through the turnstiles, a CM was stood there waving with a Mickey glove on.. and he said to me “see you soon! … you work here, don't you?!” … I was so thrilled! (secretly hoping he'd mistaken me for a princess or tinkerbell!) .. I replied “no, but I wish I did!” .. he laughed and said that there was a CM who worked in MK that looked just like me! So apparently I have a Disney twin. :cutie:

We hopped on the monorail (the new teal train!) and made our way to Epcot.

DSC01733.jpg

We had time to do about two attractions, so we picked one each... I wanted to find Nemo and then talk to a turtle – so first we headed to the Living Seas pavillion.

Verity wanted to go on Soarin' for her choice – unfortunately the queue time was well over an hour, so she opted for another family favourite – Ellen's Universe of Energy!

DSC01735.jpg

I hadn't done this for many trips so it was fun to do again.

We wandered around to World Showcase to do our last attraction of the vacation, and a classic favourite of our family... O Canada!
We both really enjoy the new film with Martin Short, and know all the words to the theme song at the end.. which we sang along to.

DSC01736.jpg

By now it was after 2pm and we knew we had to back at the BW by 3.20pm ready for our DME coach.

We decided to get some lunch in the bakery in France, I had a cheese & ham baguette, Verity had a toasted sandwich. We had a French beer each too (When in France.. !)

We wandered back to International Gateway, finished our drink – then exited the park.

Back at the BW, we asked bell services for our luggage, repacked our hand luggage.. and waited for the bus to arrive that was going to whisk us away to the airport.. :sad1:

DSC01737.jpg

DSC01738.jpg

The journey back to MCO was quite quick, again the driver was surprised by our personalised 'thank you' envelope for his tip!
We checked in for our flight, stopped for some last minute shopping at the Disney Earport store (I needed the P&tF soundtrack cd and some of the plates shaped like Minnie!)
Through security, then waited at our gate for our 7.50pm flight back to London.

So... that's all folks!!

I had an absolutely wonderful trip... we'd planned every detail for months & months, yet there were those little extra Disney things that happened that added to our magical vacation! :wizard:

We did some attractions neither of us had done before, which amazed several of my friends at home who assume I must have done everything in WDW because I've been 'so many times' :rolleyes:

All our ADR choices were great – every meal was excellent! I think I'd go back to all of them again.

It was fun to meet the podcasters, bloggers and writers that we have listened to/read for many years – everyone was so nice & welcoming! :goodvibes

And most of all.. thank you to Verity, it was fantastic to spend a vacation with you in our favourite place in the whole world!
Thank you for being a wonderful friend & the best little sister ever :hug:

Verity's next trip is May 2010 and mine is December.. so watch this space for future trip reports!

Luv & pixie dust

Emma princess: x x

The Madhatter looks like fun! I so want to meet him! hehe

I always am sad when I leave MK for the last time. It will always be my favorite park of all!

I had never seen these posters! (Muppets) Did not even know that this line was there. Gotta go see it this year.

These posters are have changed. The ones you posted pictures of are spoofs of more current movies. I have photos of this area and posters from March 2005 and they're different. There was for instance, a poster of Miss Piggy as Princess Lea from Star Wars. The poster with Beaker had a beach scene. I'm glad they changed them. Gives me a reason to go back there again and look.

Oh Emma, how sad! I hate the last day of a Disney trip!! Seeing that picture of the ME bus almost brought tears to my eyes!

You had such an awesome trip with your sister, something you will always treasure, especially now that you are getting older and on your way to starting families of your own.

Can't wait for you next trip! Keep me posted on your NYC plans! And good luck with all the wedding (and honeymoon!) planning!

Awww! I hate to see your TR coming to an end, Emma!! But I have really enjoyed reading and getting to know you better!! :goodvibes

We did the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare in Oct 2008. We never saw or were offered to take a souvenir photo package. Hmm?

I did not know that Fantasyland was expanding into Toontown and it was going away. I hope it is there in March when we visit. We'll have to say goodbye. Before that, it was Mickey's Birthdayland, and I have photo of it from that incarnation in 1990.

I clicked on the link for podcast 140. The page loaded, and the list of podcasts came up. I clicked on 140 and it said "buffering" for a very long time, then it said loaded, but wouldn't play. I could get any of the other weeks selections to play, but not that one. ??:confused:

People also think I must have done everything there is to do at DisneyWorld too, but not even close. I haven't even more than just walked through Canada. I've never ridden Space Mountain or Astro Orbiter (not sure I'm brave enough).

I like your description of the Tomorrowland motor speedway being on the wrong side of the road. I thought it was kind of in the middle.. but the driver is on the left. I can't imagine driving from the right.

Now I want to try Paradiso 37! I'd love to do KTK but Heidi is only 7, and unless someone is with us who can watch her... we'll have to wait.

Thank you for a lovely report. I enjoyed reading it and it makes me even more excited to not only for my trip, but to change some of my plans to do some things I didn't think of. :3dglasses

Oops, almost forgot to ask.... these podcasts... how do I find them. I found the one you posted a link to. Although the selection with your voice on it wouldn't play. I don't have an ipod but I did listen to some of one of the others on my laptop. I assume I can listen to the other podcasts on my laptop too. How do I find the other ones?

Oops, almost forgot to ask.... these podcasts... how do I find them. I found the one you posted a link to. Although the selection with your voice on it wouldn't play. I don't have an ipod but I did listen to some of one of the others on my laptop. I assume I can listen to the other podcasts on my laptop too. How do I find the other ones?

Hi Mindy!
Lol there was a problem with that podcast episode, the presenters had to post it again the next day..

I first found Disney podcasts on iTunes - just by typing in 'Disney' in the search box I think!!

Most of the podcasts are also available from their websites, just stream from the internet :surfweb: .. our favourites are..

All About the Mouse www.allaboutthemouse.com

WDW Radio www.wdwradio.com

Inside the Magic www.distantcreations.com/insidethemagic

and WDW Today www.wdwtoday.com

I listen to them on my way to work every day - much more fun than normal radio stations.. puts me in a good mood for the day at work! :cloud9:

Emma princess: xx

Oooh--thanks for the links to the Podcasts!!! I've just started listening to some and I'm hooked!!! :goodvibes Do you listen to the DIS podcast?!

Oooh--thanks for the links to the Podcasts!!! I've just started listening to some and I'm hooked!!! :goodvibes Do you listen to the DIS podcast?!

Lol glad you are enjoying the podcasts! I have learnt soo much from them :goodvibes .. I sometimes listen to the DIS podcast but not as regularly as some of these others.

Oh Emma, how sad! I hate the last day of a Disney trip!! Seeing that picture of the ME bus almost brought tears to my eyes!

You had such an awesome trip with your sister, something you will always treasure, especially now that you are getting older and on your way to starting families of your own.

Can't wait for you next trip! Keep me posted on your NYC plans! And good luck with all the wedding (and honeymoon!) planning!

Thanks Nikki! I almost cried when the DME bus showed up.. the trip was over too soon! :sad2: .. at least I have two more trips in the planning stage at the moment :woohoo: ... and I've ordered a guide book on NYC to start December trip planning! I will need expert advice from a local though too :cutie: !

The Madhatter looks like fun! I so want to meet him! hehe

I always am sad when I leave MK for the last time. It will always be my favorite park of all!

The Mad Hatter was really good fun! I'd seen a youtube video (posted by a DISer!) of the MH play fighting with Pooh at 1900 Park Fare.. it was so funny, made me want to try out the restaurant! :laughing:

DF always laughs at me when we leave MK for the last time of a trip.. he says "you know you'll be back in 'x' months time!" :rotfl:

I really enjoyed reading about your trip!! Thanks for sharing with us.
If you need any help/advice planning your NYC trip, I live an hour north of the city and go quite frequently. I'd be happy to answer any questions!!

So sorry for the end of your tr. I will be looking forward to the next. It was fun reading and seeing how our paths crossed on our very magical trips. Please send me a pm when you start your next report. :goodvibes

Excellent report Emma - loved every minute of it. Such a shame it is all over xx

So sorry for the end of your tr. I will be looking forward to the next. It was fun reading and seeing how our paths crossed on our very magical trips. Please send me a pm when you start your next report. :goodvibes

I really enjoyed reading about your trip!! Thanks for sharing with us.
If you need any help/advice planning your NYC trip, I live an hour north of the city and go quite frequently. I'd be happy to answer any questions!!

Thank you all for reading along and for the lovely comments!

KLacey also thanks for the offer of NYC advice! I am so excited about visiting New York.. it's been on my 'dream list' for so many years now-and followed by a trip to WDW, could be another perfect vacation! :cloud9:

My next thing on the DIS will probably be a PTR for that vacation mixed in with a wedding & Disneymoon PJ!!
Once we've booked the venue I think I'll start the PJ.. get some advice from other brides about adding subtle disney touches to our Big Day!! :bride:

Luv & Pixie Dust

Emma princess: x x

Hi! Your TR is so much fun! I love the way you write. It looks like you had an excellent time. I can't wait to visit "chilly" London someday!

Hi! Your TR is so much fun! I love the way you write. It looks like you had an excellent time. I can't wait to visit "chilly" London someday!

Hi! Thanks for reading along.. we had an amazing trip and it was great fun writing up this TR :cloud9:

Emma princess: xx

Hi Emma know I'm a bit late...but really enjoyed your last report and just read this one in about hour...

i'm glad you had such a good time with your sister, i felt bad about some of the incidents which upset you on your last report so this trip must have been the perfect disney remedy!!!

i though both you and your sister looked lovely either in the casual outfits or the more dressy ones! possibly the nicest dresses i've ever seen in disney!

I can't wait to see the characters from 'up', i feel such strong love for russel, no idea why...he's just so cute!!!

and i had an lol moment :rotfl:at your statement 'there are just some things a disney girl doesn't need to see!' when your sister pointed out Woody's human head...i'm with you on that one much more fun to pretend thy're real!

Hi!! Thanks for reading along... I can't believe the December trip was nearly 3 months ago now.. we had such an amazing time, 100% Disney magic!

It was really nice to get 'dressed up' to go out for meals ... I know it's not theme park 'norm' to dress up, but we'd agreed for MVMCP & Verity's 'birthday party' around World Showcase that we needed to have nice outfits!

Hehe glad you agree that you'd look away if you say a character without their head backstage... no need to ruin the magic!! :wizard:

Emma princess: x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter