The No-Way-I'm-Going-Solo-This-Time Solo Trip, a Sept PTR *Home & TR Link 9/15 x2*

The tigers are my favorite too!:lovestruc

We also missed Flights of Wonder, and at the moment that's the only thing that's making me think we absolutely _need_ a day at AK this next trip. Since we only have 4 park days at WDW (+2 at Universal, and 1 potential water park/pool day), I really want to just do two solid days at Epcot and 2 at DHS but we need one for MK since DS wants to do Pirate's League and we may need one AK day to see Flights of Wonder ... ah, Disney decisions. Such a great first world problem to have.

The tigers are my favorite too!:lovestruc

We also missed Flights of Wonder, and at the moment that's the only thing that's making me think we absolutely _need_ a day at AK this next trip. Since we only have 4 park days at WDW (+2 at Universal, and 1 potential water park/pool day), I really want to just do two solid days at Epcot and 2 at DHS but we need one for MK since DS wants to do Pirate's League and we may need one AK day to see Flights of Wonder ... ah, Disney decisions. Such a great first world problem to have.

I have 5 park days. I knew right away I'd do one day at each park, but deciding which to repeat was difficult for me! It is definitely a first world problem! :rotfl:

Hello all! I hope everyone is having a great week. I, on the other hand, am not. My crazy work schedule has finally caught up to me. I've been working 7 days a week, 12-17 hours a day since April 2012. I finally hit a wall earlier this week and started feeling sick and exhausted, physically and mentally. Unfortunately due to the nature of my job and the fact that we are still in our busy time I have to keep working every day, all day. There is too much work to get done without my help. And hiring someone isn't an option since school starts in just over a week here and then we slow way down. So I just have to make it thru until then while tired, sore, sick and exhausted. Oh,and with a migraine I've had 3 days now that no medication is helping. I'm just hoping I can get this illness cleared out then be healthy for my trip in 3 weeks.

Also, since I've been so busy with work I'm way behind on pre-trip stuff. Things I'd normally have long done haven't even been started. I don't feel as excited as I normally would with the trip being this close as it almost doesn't feel like the trip is real since I've gotten so little done.

Alright, enough complaining from me. Hope you all have a great weekend and I'll be back soon with more trip plans.​

Hello all! I hope everyone is having a great week. I, on the other hand, am not. My crazy work schedule has finally caught up to me. I've been working 7 days a week, 12-17 hours a day since April 2012. I finally hit a wall earlier this week and started feeling sick and exhausted, physically and mentally. Unfortunately due to the nature of my job and the fact that we are still in our busy time I have to keep working every day, all day. There is too much work to get done without my help. And hiring someone isn't an option since school starts in just over a week here and then we slow way down. So I just have to make it thru until then while tired, sore, sick and exhausted. Oh,and with a migraine I've had 3 days now that no medication is helping. I'm just hoping I can get this illness cleared out then be healthy for my trip in 3 weeks.

Also, since I've been so busy with work I'm way behind on pre-trip stuff. Things I'd normally have long done haven't even been started. I don't feel as excited as I normally would with the trip being this close as it almost doesn't feel like the trip is real since I've gotten so little done.

Alright, enough complaining from me. Hope you all have a great weekend and I'll be back soon with more trip plans.​
I think this week is rough for a lot of us ... its the end-of-summer, back-to-school-crunch for all of us at work, then at home doubly so for those of us with kids. It was my DS7's first week of school, and I've been working late nights with DH working mornings too early to take him to school, and I actually set the alarm wrong so I took DS to school an hour and a half late today. :headache:
I feel really terrible about missing any school, since I want to save all his missing days for our Disney trips! :upsidedow It also made me realize I've got to get more organized about this parenting thing since we were completely unprepared with the back-to-school supply shopping, snacks, etc; the only things I had in place were the essentials like his after school program/lunch acct/etc. I got spoiled over the summer with my folks and my in-laws taking care of him and his every want and need.

Hope you feel better soon! :flower3: Need to get back on that pre-trip planning! One more week til things slow down right ... ?

I think this week is rough for a lot of us ... its the end-of-summer, back-to-school-crunch for all of us at work, then at home doubly so for those of us with kids. It was my DS7's first week of school, and I've been working late nights with DH working mornings too early to take him to school, and I actually set the alarm wrong so I took DS to school an hour and a half late today. :headache:
I feel really terrible about missing any school, since I want to save all his missing days for our Disney trips! :upsidedow It also made me realize I've got to get more organized about this parenting thing since we were completely unprepared with the back-to-school supply shopping, snacks, etc; the only things I had in place were the essentials like his after school program/lunch acct/etc. I got spoiled over the summer with my folks and my in-laws taking care of him and his every want and need.

Hope you feel better soon! :flower3: Need to get back on that pre-trip planning! One more week til things slow down right ... ?

Sounds like you are right, bad week for everyone! Hopefully this weekend will turn things around, for both of us. At least he won't be late for school on the weekend! :thumbsup2:rotfl:

Yup, after next weekend it will slow down a lot, and hopefully I'll be able to sleep!!!

I'm sorry you feel sick. I'm surprised you lasted that long working that hard before feeling like that. I hope you feel better soon!

I'm sorry you feel sick. I'm surprised you lasted that long working that hard before feeling like that. I hope you feel better soon!

I'm kind of surprised too. I've gotten sick a few times in the past year and a half, but not like this. I'm just 100% exhausted in every way.

I'm sorry that life is a little crazy for you right now, but I'm certain that it will be worth it if you can just get through these next 3 weeks! Good luck and I hope you're feeling better.

Better to get sick now than later!! Your body is probably trying to tell you to take a break though... I hope you are already better!

I'm sorry that life is a little crazy for you right now, but I'm certain that it will be worth it if you can just get through these next 3 weeks! Good luck and I hope you're feeling better.

Thanks! It's slowing down some this week, which is great. School starts a week from today in my county so not as many people are going away which means I don't have to work 5 hours a day. More like 11-12 hours this week, which is much better.

Better to get sick now than later!! Your body is probably trying to tell you to take a break though... I hope you are already better!

I am definitely feeling better, still a bit sick but much improved over Friday! :goodvibes

CHANGES TO DAY 2, MONDAY SEPTEMBER 9TH

I have a couple dining changes for my first park day, at Magic Kingdom. First is that I got a breakfast ADR for Crystal Palace for 9:10am. I'm going back and forth on whether or not I will keep that, since it will take a chunk out of my park day. I keep hoping to find an earlier time, but nothing yet. I will keep looking and decide closer to my trip if I will keep that or not.

The one I'm really excited about though is dinner. I am cancelling my Crystal Palace dinner ADR, because I just now got a 6:25pm ADR for Be Our Guest!!! :dance3: I'm so, so excited I'll get to have dinner at BOG. I will probably change my lunch plans to Pecos Bills versus eating lunch and dinner at BOG, but I'll decide that on that day!

I hope everyone has a good Monday, and I will be back soon with my Day 5 plans! :goodvibes

That's awesome!!!

ETA - I would keep looking for a CP ADR - they always have a long wait...

SAT887 said:
That's awesome!!!

ETA - I would keep looking for a CP ADR - they always have a long wait...

Thanks! :banana:

I will keep looking for sure. The long wait is my biggest concern.

DAY FIVE, THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 12

I'll get up around 7am and do my usual morning routine. I hope to be at the bus stop by 8am and wait for the bus to arrive and take me here:

Once the gates are opened I will try to be at the front of the pack of people all heading to Toy Story Midway Mania. I'll grab a Fastpass then get in the stand-by line. I'm hoping to get in quickly. The last 2 trips I've waited less than 5 minutes since I was able to get in the line quickly, while everyone else was still walking there or getting FPs.

After hanging out with Woody, Buzz and the gang I will walk down to do these 2:

Since I should be getting an early FP for TSM I should hopefully be able to get a FP for RnRC by then and then go ride TSM via the FP line. Around that time, either right before or after (depending on the FP return time) I will stop by Starring Rolls for a cupcake breakfast! :cloud9:

I'll probably hit the Great Movie Ride, Backlot Studio and Muppets 3D next. I plan on skipping Star Tours this trip. I like the ride, but every time I have ridden it since the rehab I have gotten a bad headache afterward that forces me to take it easy for at least 30 minutes after. Don't want to lose that time again this trip.

I have a 1:50pm Fantasmic lunch package ADR at Mama Melrose. I'll more that likely get this for my entree...

...and this for dessert!

I plan on seeing Beauty and the Beast live at some point during the day, which will be the only new attraction for me at DHS. I also want to see Indy, and may do LMA if I have time. The only other thing I absolutely have to do is the Animation Academy, probably more than once!

At 6pm I have my dinner ADR at Sci-Fi Dine-In, which is a new restaurant for me! I'm looking forward to the cheesy old clips. :rotfl: Oh, and the onion rings, since I've been told they are fantastic, by Kathy and a few others.

Whatever time I have after dinner and before I have to head to the package line for Fantasmic I will spend on ToT and RnRC. If I get lucky and get a 2nd FP for TSM that works I will do that too, but I probably won't have time to do standby again with how long the wait will surely be.

At around 7:45pm I will head to the package line and find a good spot to watch

It starts at 8:30pm. I like Fantasmic, but not enough to wait an hour plus in the regular line. Two trips ago I walked in 30 minutes before it started and was still the first person in the reserved seating area. :thumbsup2

After Fantasmic I will slowly make my way to the exit, since closing time for DHS that day is the same as the start time for Fantasmic. I won't rush since I know the bus stops will be crazy from everyone leaving at the same time. Once I do get back to CBR I will play it by ear. If I'm tired I'll go to bed. If not maybe I will swim, maybe I will just explore the resort and OPR shop more, or maybe I will even head to DTD and see what I want to do there. I will be able to sleep in the next morning, so if I'm not tired I'll stay up a while doing whatever I want!

NEW THINGS THIS DAY:
Beauty and the Beast show
Sci-Fi Dine-In

NEXT TIME: I get to sleep, and go backstage! :goodvibes

Congrats on scoring a BOG ADR. :thumbsup2

I'd probably lean towards canceling the 9:10 ADR for CP unless something else opens up. I just have a really, really hard time with spending the first hour or 2 of the day in a restaurant instead of taking advantage of the lower crowds during that time. Keep checking though, even a day or 2 before. Maybe something will open up before 8:30. I've got to think your odds will be good since it is just for 1. :confused3

And if that doesn't work, you could always try tables of 3 or 4 and just be the only one that shows... :rolleyes1

I just saw the Beauty and the Beast show in DHS for the first time on our last trip and I really enjoyed it. It really is a great show. I'm also a big fan of Sci-Fi, so I like your firsts for your DHS day. I know Sci-Fi has a lot of detractors, but it is great at being what it is. It certainly isn't a gourmet restaurant, but for drive-in type food it is great and the atmosphere is fun. I hope you enjoy it!

afwdwfan said:
Congrats on scoring a BOG ADR. :thumbsup2

I'd probably lean towards canceling the 9:10 ADR for CP unless something else opens up. I just have a really, really hard time with spending the first hour or 2 of the day in a restaurant instead of taking advantage of the lower crowds during that time. Keep checking though, even a day or 2 before. Maybe something will open up before 8:30. I've got to think your odds will be good since it is just for 1. :confused3

And if that doesn't work, you could always try tables of 3 or 4 and just be the only one that shows... :rolleyes1

I just saw the Beauty and the Beast show in DHS for the first time on our last trip and I really enjoyed it. It really is a great show. I'm also a big fan of Sci-Fi, so I like your firsts for your DHS day. I know Sci-Fi has a lot of detractors, but it is great at being what it is. It certainly isn't a gourmet restaurant, but for drive-in type food it is great and the atmosphere is fun. I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks, I'm super excited for the ADR at BOG!

I severely doubt I will keep that Crystal Palace ressie. I agree that wasting that much of the day does not sit well with me. I will keep looking for an earlier one for sure.

I'm easy to please and don't care at all that Sci-Fi isn't gourmet. I don't expect it to be, I just want good food and the fun atmosphere.

You've never seen the Beauty & the Beast show? :eek: It's a not-to-miss show in my opinion. Lots of great dancing and songs. :thumbsup2

Congrats on getting that BOG ADR! I'm actually not interested at all in their dinner menu, so I'd probably have to take the macaroni from the kids menu. I'm picky. :rotfl:

You've never seen the Beauty & the Beast show? :eek: It's a not-to-miss show in my opinion. Lots of great dancing and songs. :thumbsup2

Congrats on getting that BOG ADR! I'm actually not interested at all in their dinner menu, so I'd probably have to take the macaroni from the kids menu. I'm picky. :rotfl:

I know! And since it too is now under rumor of being gone after the end of this year I have to see it this trip for sure! Seems like 75% of DHS is on the chopping block. Rumors are that Little Mermain, B&tB, Indy, LMA, Idol, Muppets, Backlot and Streets of America are all gone within the next year.

I am mostly excited to meet Beast and have the desserts! :lmao:

My lesson of the day: You snooze, you lose. I was just playing around with my flights yesterday and saw one for later in the day on my departure day that would work and give me another 3 hours at WDW. The price difference was almost nothing, but I got busy and never switched the flight. Today I looked and the price jumped to being a difference of $55. I want 3 extra hours, but I think that is a bit much to pay for it. I'll just keep the flight I have, and maybe check to see if the price goes back down to a reasonable difference. If not I will be okay with what I already have booked.

Hope everyone's week is going well so far. Mine is looking like it might be great, but I'm just being cautiously optimistic for now as to not be disappointed if things change, which they seem to do often! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter