The No Distractions, Never say Never and let's eat a garbage can while we're at it TR

So after the Tea Cups ZIah wanted to ride Space Mountain..I hate this coaster..so Eric took her and The rest of us headed towards..you guessed it..the People Mover..LOL.. we happened upon Chip and Dale and no line to speak of. Taejan was so happy and my oh my were Chip and Dale in great form.. they picked on my kids and had so much fun with them! Sorry for the picture overload..but..well deal!
053_zpsbe8fc5b2.jpg

054_zps812c7f0e.jpg

Photo0124FourBySix_zps3ce15a06.jpg

Photo0125FourBySix_zpsa0941551.jpg

Photo0126FourBySix_zpsee5902d9.jpg

Photo0127FourBySix_zps30e1583a.jpg

Photo0131FourBySix_zps51ad7583.jpg

Photo0133FourBySix_zpsafc4ac2a.jpg

Photo0136FourBySix_zpsd897429b.jpg

Photo0139FourBySix_zps2ac54cfc.jpg

After that we rode The People Mover and Buzz then met back up with Eric and Ziah...she loved Space.. crazy child! We headed over to Carousel of Progress..love this... won't lie wish they'd update it but then again I love that it's not!

By now we were starving.. breakfast is not our meal so having breakfast ADR's is really about the characters not the food..lol.. we went an visited this guy:
055_zpsb809e8a3.jpg

Up next.. another run thru on Buzz..this time with our FP+ cards..

Declan and my mom..she'd prolly kill me if she knew I posted these pictures on here..so shhh don't tell her ok?
Photo0140FourBySix_zpsd286b8e9.jpg

Eric and Ziah:
Photo0142FourBySix_zpsbc0c6084.jpg

Taejan and I..I'm shooting his gun because I had already maxed out the score.. notice the look on his face..right then and there I am EVERYTHING and he is amazed by me..oh yeah!
Photo0144FourBySix_zps8cf5808b.jpg

After Buzz we did The Laugh Floor..so cheesy..so fun..I so wanna be on screen..instead my mother was.. she "doesnt even know where she is"..LMAO too funny!

Next we headed across the park..

So we were heading off to the other side of the park..I noticed all the wrist band spots and the slowly changing costuming and more and more guests in costumes. We originally hadnt planned to be here on a party night..but oh well.
056_zps47c9a949.jpg

057_zpsdd779199.jpg

We got some more pictures:
Photo0147FourBySix_zpsefed448a.jpg

Photo0151FourBySix_zps3366acb1.jpg

We road Pirates then headed over for this:
058_zps6fedbaa9.jpg

060_zpsa3e4511a.jpg

061_zpsff997757.jpg

We road Haunted Mansion again.. we got stopped for a few in the dinning room and the kid in the buggy next to me was unreal obnoxious.. then we moved 10 feet and stopped again..and the kid was still unreal..sometimes I wish people would at least TRY and control their kids.. I mean I have one that is a but much but no way would he be allowed to be screaming and yelling ( not scared..just nonsense and such.) during a ride! we finally got moving and stayed moving!

We came out and it was very close to party time:
062_zps1d1d0d7b.jpg

It was also starting to rain.. I was feeling bad for the party goers.. and praying our party in a few days would be drier!!

We headed back to the resort where I can only assume it was arcade for the kids, pool for the kids, adult beverage for mom and dad then bed!
and thus ends park day 5, vacation day 9 and we still haven't bought ponchos!

Up next..Epcot again!

We were at the party that night. The rain sucked! We went in at 4 and did the Princess's, Jungle Cruise, Hall of Presidents, and ate at Pecos Bills. It started pouring during dinner and pretty much didn't stop until 9. The first 2 hours of the party were a total waste. Hope yours was better!

We were at the party that night. The rain sucked! We went in at 4 and did the Princess's, Jungle Cruise, Hall of Presidents, and ate at Pecos Bills. It started pouring during dinner and pretty much didn't stop until 9. The first 2 hours of the party were a total waste. Hope yours was better!

ugh..the rain sucks..you shall have to wait and see how ours was :)

I totally agree about forcing your kids to ride something if they are not in complete meltdown and you know they'll like it. We did that a lot with my step-daughter when she was 10. There was a lot of things she didn't really want to ride that we forced her on and they ended up being her favorites (Mission Space, Rock N Roller Coaster). The only thing she absolutely did NOT want to try was Tower of Terror and we respected that... but next time we go she'll be a teen and this time we want her to try it again (she was 7 when she went on it and hated it).

What did you/your kids think of Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom? I love the Kim Possible (now Agent P) missions and was quite excited when I heard about Sorcerer, but I read mixed reviews...

I totally agree about forcing your kids to ride something if they are not in complete meltdown and you know they'll like it. We did that a lot with my step-daughter when she was 10. There was a lot of things she didn't really want to ride that we forced her on and they ended up being her favorites (Mission Space, Rock N Roller Coaster). The only thing she absolutely did NOT want to try was Tower of Terror and we respected that... but next time we go she'll be a teen and this time we want her to try it again (she was 7 when she went on it and hated it).

What did you/your kids think of Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom? I love the Kim Possible (now Agent P) missions and was quite excited when I heard about Sorcerer, but I read mixed reviews...

Yep...and anything they went on last year they were going on again ( HM, Splash etc).. I would never force my kids on something I know they may not like.. Declan rode EE because he forced himself..not cus we did kwim?

My 10 year old loved to Sorcerer missions.. the other 2 not so much..they all loved Agent P..

Hey just found and read your trip reports. Yes I went back and read the older ones... Great reports.. Your kids are adorable.. Love how you tolerate being a passenger!!!!! Lol want to do that myself sometimes...
Can't wait for more!

Nooooooo......I finally got a chance to continue reading about your trip and I just caught up with your last post :sad1: Now I'll have to wait until you post more updates but it's okay because I can't wait to read more. I have been lurking and reading this TR for two days because my little ones insisted on me going back and showing them every single photo all over again. :lmao: I'll continue checking in to see updates of your wonderful adventure.

Oh and I loved the baby outfits, I'm glad your son pulled through the pain and continued on "without" a stroller, I can't wait to do the teacups (It's been on our to do list forever, lol) and your kids are awesome and I wish I could make a long drive like that without the complaining. :thumbsup2

Hey just found and read your trip reports. Yes I went back and read the older ones... Great reports.. Your kids are adorable.. Love how you tolerate being a passenger!!!!! Lol want to do that myself sometimes...
Can't wait for more!

thank you!! Yeah..The last 3 years of driving down was not fun for me..this year I learned the trick and it was much easier..LOL

Nooooooo......I finally got a chance to continue reading about your trip and I just caught up with your last post :sad1: Now I'll have to wait until you post more updates but it's okay because I can't wait to read more. I have been lurking and reading this TR for two days because my little ones insisted on me going back and showing them every single photo all over again. :lmao: I'll continue checking in to see updates of your wonderful adventure.

Oh and I loved the baby outfits, I'm glad your son pulled through the pain and continued on "without" a stroller, I can't wait to do the teacups (It's been on our to do list forever, lol) and your kids are awesome and I wish I could make a long drive like that without the complaining. :thumbsup2

More coming now...it's bittersweet to be on the second half of the trip..almost don't want to write about it because it means it's going to end all over again!

Saturday Sept 22 2012~

We took our time getting ready today..we had ressies for mid day so no rush. Somehow thought even no rush means we are ready fairly early. We are def early to move people and early nights.. at home and on vacation!

We head to the bus stop and run into the same family from Animal Kingdom..lol..we were at and thru Epcot by 9:37. Noah followed behind us and we met up with him at some point..lol

First up was Space Ship Earth..we got stopped for a good 5 minutes just as our pod was turning back forward facing...wonder if I will ever get through this or Haunted Mansion without a stop of some sort...lol

Now we did something we have never done..Innoventions:
001_zps9edd6e1e.jpg

The kids wanted to play this game so we split girls verses boys:
002_zps29220ab2.jpg

005_zpsc7574a7d.jpg

BTW the girls won..Declan blamed it on Taejan.. Declan and I are both super competitive..so there WILL be a rematch!

like my husband rocking that backpack..LMAO..He kept taking it from me all trip and I was like..dude..it's pink.. lol..but hey if he wants to carry it fine by me!
006_zps62a406f4.jpg

By now World Showcase was open and Declan wanted to do an Agent P mission:
007_zpsa388af42.jpg

008_zpsb384e82f.jpg

It was off to Mexico!
009_zpsae0579ed.jpg

010_zps82e2c0c5.jpg

012_zps81a826fd.jpg

We rode Grand Fiesta and then Noah met up with us because he needed a new back for one of his pins..LOL.. then he was off again and we were meeting up later for our meal.

I really could stay in Epcot all day..most days..Love this place!
013_zpsb10c7c8e.jpg

Declan loves the Agent P Missions
014_zps4cd2d68a.jpg

015_zps7188e506.jpg

Norway mission..
016_zpsa0024f8c.jpg

017_zps04ebc836.jpg

018_zps07aae21e.jpg

019_zps01260038.jpg

we , of course, rode Maelstrom..I really think they need a Tshirt that says "disappear disappear" with the trolls..cus I'd buy that!
Declan finished up that mission:
021_zps5e09a535.jpg

022_zps89dfaa1f.jpg

Taejan wanted to see the trains because last time we were near them it was pouring!
023_zpsf861fcac.jpg

024_zpsc14349f1.jpg

025_zps1fdaca8a.jpg

026_zps57398202.jpg

Up next...we meet a man from Pensacola Japan!

So we headed to Japan to do the Agent P mission there.. what I saw of it ,it was very much the same at the Kim Possible one ( the only one I saw last year) but Declan didn't care..lol I strolled around..

027_zps4e7511b5.jpg

028_zpsfdb4f868.jpg

before long the mission was over and Noah met up with us for our meal at Teppan Edo..his Bday meal..lol.. Now I was rather nervous about the potential language barrier here. We have Hibatchi at home and love it..all the waitstaff is american and the chefs speak fairly decent English. So we go brought to our table by the cutest little proper girl.. very polite..very proper. We had the back room all to ourselves..at least at first.
029_zpse00af494.jpg

I ordered my suishi and drinks and oh yummy the suishi was..lol. Next out came our chef.. and he says his name and I can already tell he doesn't have much if any accent..yes.. and he says he's from Pensecola Japan..I almost spit my soda across the room laughing..LOL.. well he was super nice and did an amazing job. I had already prepped the kids for the fact this was authentic Hibatchi style and what we had at home is less authentic..lol.
030_zps46235656.jpg

the food was great..service stellar and the food amazing!

At this point we were all done. We started headed to the gate./Noah had left before us and was in mousegears and wanted something so we headed there first.. BUT I wanted a picture so..
Photo0152FourBySix_zpsda3b69fe.jpg

031_zps43499dbf.jpg

032_zps8b047c7a.jpg

033_zps04151942.jpg

We left , hopped a bus and were back at the resort before we knew it.
here's what our windows looked like by now:
034_zpsc76762c9.jpg

I know..poor Mickey Mouse eh?
035_zpsae588377.jpg

Our mousekeepers didn't do anything special but the kids still like to see where all their stuff is!
036_zps357e2e9f.jpg

037_zps042c97c5.jpg

Up next.. really..he's peeing where?

So before Noah had come to Epcot he had told me he wanted to do the mouseboats... I had told him pre-trip i would pay for one session. So he walked up to Riverside..got the price etc.

Once we were back to the room everyone got in the swimsuits ( ok all the kids..lol) and we walked up to Riverside.. Noah took Declan and off they went:
038_zpsa25cbf97.jpg

i took the kids to Ole Man Island.. they loved it..and yes..I had an adult beverage..just one..it was only 4pm afterall! The kids swam and had a blast..
039_zps3887988d.jpg

040_zps19ea998c.jpg

041_zps2df3a755.jpg

right about then I see this little kid come over to the chair I was sitting in.. and the bushes behind it.. drop his drawers and peed in the bushes.. yep..and he had to have been 4 or 5. Where was mom..over yonder on her phone and ipad..lovely. One of the other moms and I were like are we really seeing this? Really people..at a pool with your kids..get off the phone, get off the ipads..pay attention to your kids!

About now Noah and Declan were due back and I wanted a picture...so I left Eric and the kids.. I wanted a picture of them and of course I had to pay..lol

043_zps04289c49.jpg

Still alive..sweet..
044_zps4369229b.jpg

no worse for the wear..
045_zpseba663d7.jpg

Declan joined the others at the pool..Noah went back to his room:
047_zps8e90860c.jpg

After they were done it was back to POFQ..the kids played on the green for awhile..love that they activities!
048_zps8f967113.jpg

051_zpsbc0266a5.jpg

052_zps97132e0a.jpg

We ate at the food court. Now by day 6 we were getting a little sick of the food I will say. The food is great..but the selection at POFQ is much smaller than it was at POP.. but we all survived!

Next 6 of us ( noah didnt feel like it) hopped a bus for Epcot.. mission.. Illuminations. My mom and I and Ziah staked out a great spot to the right of the shop ( going counter clockwise) between 2 kiosks.. bathrooms across from us and a food counter. Eric and the boys went and did Mission Space. I had NO pictures but one I took in the dark. Not sure why I didn't take pictures..my bad. We patrolled our zone until Eric got back. I gave the kids all kinds of glow bracelets and such... here's the one pic I have..lol
Here'z Ziah all glowed out..lol
385691_10151134908571655_1440886049_n.jpg

we kept the area by the railing for us.. except when a young lady in a scooter came in behind us. At first I was like..no we staked this place out for an hour..u can watch behind us..but then ya know..I got human again and had the kids squish down ( eric ended up going behind the building even..lol..) and let her up. Taejan originally was going to listen to my ipod..he doesn't do fireworks well and we were mighty close.. but he ended up fine..loved it. We had stuff shooting off from right beneath us!

The show was great...kids loved it! We headed out of the park , got in line and ended up letting a bunch of people go ahead of us because I will NOT pack on a bus. We were first for the next bus and all had seats ( well we make Taejan sit on a lap). We finally got back and crashed..HARD!

up next..um..the day with the best meal EVER!

So Sunday we slept in, had breakfast at the food court then hopped a bus to AK..the bus stop was packed..but not with many going to AK..lol

Now it's nearly 10:30 in the morning and here's WHY we don't do many late nights at the parks:
out cold!
001_zps333e7cbe.jpg

002_zpsd7411801.jpg

Up first..of course..was the safari..prolly the only one that wasn't good. Our driver drove too fast and had no personality and it was already way too hot out for the animals..it was lackluster at best..oh well.
004_zps5364f89d.jpg

006_zpsa67ed9ba.jpg

009_zps4daba018.jpg

011_zps16555597.jpg

012_zpsdb3974da.jpg

014_zps04a232f8.jpg

015_zps2b0c4fe0.jpg

016_zpsba4c8ee9.jpg

After the safari we headed in the direction of Asia and ran into ( whom I have never seen before so I was excited!)
020_zps6324b6fc.jpg

021_zps72894fc2.jpg

022_zps17304b8c.jpg

023_zps2408f96d.jpg

Everyone was hungry ( and a few were grumpy!!) so we grabbed some food:
024_zps74f0cfb6.jpg

darn ducks are everywhere!
026_zpse2dd385c.jpg

After we ate my mother and Noah decide they are done..it's hot and they both are kinda grumpy..lol.. Declan jumped on this and asked to go back with them.. sure dude! This was the point in the trip I knew next time we come..it's just us. I've never not taken my mom and I do have some guilt now, but with just 5 of us we only need ONE room if we stay at PORS and the cost difference will be huge for us!

So off they went and we decided all we wanted to do was explore all the trails and such..Taejan had been wanting to this since last year!

Up next just the 4 of us..

I've really enjoyed reading your report - especially since we were there 9/17-22 and so many things you've mentioned have me remembering our experience.

The day you were in DHS and it rained, we were in the MK and ohhhh boy it was murder! We were walking through Frontierland and my husband said "Is that Splash Mountain...or actual thunder?" Well soon we had our answer! That was fierce!

The following day we were also in Epcot - I wonder if we ran into each other! :lmao: We got caught in the downpour just as we were coming off the monorail at the TTC. No way we were walking to our room at the Poly in that, so we dashed for the resort monorail - and don't you know by the time we went through that ONE stop, it had stopped raining? Sheesh! :crazy2:

That rain on Thursday night was insane, too. DH and I were waiting for Illuminations but I wasn't feeling well so I wanted to head back to our room. Not three minutes after walking into the building and walking out onto the balcony I saw that it was pouring! It was like someone flipped a switch. I felt sorry for the people on the beach watching Wishes, but even worse for DH (he didn't have his phone with him and I was pretty fretful for him AND our camera). Turns out he made it through Illuminations with no rain at all - isn't it weird that it didn't start raining in both parks at the same time? He walked from Italy to Canada before it even started to rain.

Oh, and when the monorail was down...that was super fun (not!). But we got to take a big boat from MK to the Poly, rather than the launch, so that was something different anyway.

Looking forward to reading more about you and your family!

I have enjoyed reading your trip report- as we were there 09-21-25th.. Only 4 nights/5 days.... I am just curious, what do you all do where you can take 14 days off for vacation? I am so totally jealous!! I can't even tell you the last time I have even missed a whole week of work! :(

Cute children! How do you pronouce Teajan? Like Tay-Gen? A girl I went to school with has a daughter named Teagan but they say it like above.

Have been waiting for this report as I have really enjoyed your others. Thanks for continuing the tradition!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter