The Next Five Years of Disney Movies

The Disney Movie Review

Disney Movie Lover.
Okay, there are some amazing titles here. But I count three original titles coming from four different studios. Everything else is based on pre-existing material. It won't matter if they tell a good story though.

January 29, 2016 The Finest Hours
March 4, 2016 Zootopia
April 15, 2016 The Jungle Book
May 6, 2016 Captain America: Civil War
May 27, 2016 Alice: Through the Looking Glass
June 17, 2016 Finding Dory
2016 The BFG
August 12, 2016 Pete’s Dragon
November 4, 2016 Dr. Strange
November 23, 2016 Moana
December 6, 2016 Star Wars: Rogue One
March 17, 2017 Beauty and the Beast
May 5, 2017 Guardians of the Galaxy 2
May 26, 2017 Star Wars: Episode 8
June 16, 2017 Cars 3
July 7, 2017 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
November 22, 2017 Coco
February 16, 2018 Black Panther
March 9, 2018 Gigantic
May 4, 2018 Avengers: Infinity War Part 1
May 25, 2018 Star Wars Anthology: Han Solo
June 15, 2018 Toy Story 4
July 6, 2018 Ant-Man and The Wasp
2018 Unnamed Disney Pictures Movie
March 8, 2019 Captain Marvel
May 3, 2019 Avengers: Infinity War Part 2
June 21, 2019 Incredibles 2
2019 Unnamed Disney Pictures Movie
2019 Star Wars: Episode 9
April 2019 DisneyToon Studios Movie
2019 Unnamed Disney Pictures Movie
May 1, 2020 Unnamed Marvel Movie
July 10, 2020 Unnamed Marvel Movie
November 6, 2020 Unnamed Marvel Movie
2020 Unnamed Pixar Movie
2020 Unnamed Pixar Movie
November 2020 Unnamed Disney Animation Movie

Find out more on the website. http://www.thedisneymoviereview.com/disney-movie-release-dates-announced/

It seems crazy that we're going to have a Star Wars movie every year for the next 5 years. I hope they do well enough, and are diverse enough in their stories to keep that up! It's like when we were getting a new Harry Potter movie every year and a half. It was always this big event to look forward to.

Frozen 2 (announced back in March) is also probably in there somewhere between 2018-2020. (No official date announced yet, but I would be shocked if they waited any longer than that to capitalize on the success of the first?)

There are a lot of Disney projects in the works that we have no time frame for which a couple could potentially sneak in here too. Genies the live action Aladdin prequel, Tink the live action Tinkerbell movie which Reese Witherspoon was cast for (unless she bails yet again) are probably the most likely to be somewhere between 2018-2020. Disney seems to be releasing 1 live action adaptation of an animated film per year, and yet none are currently showing for 2018-2020. If not those three then there is the live action Dumbo, Pinocchio, Mulan, and Winnie the Pooh(!!!) which were also announced as all being in development phase in Aprl of this year and The Sword and the Stone that was announced in July.
There is also a script being worked on for Enchanted 2 (Which is finally moving forward and recently got the working title Disenchanted) and Maleficent 2 (Linda Woolverton now attached to script writing duties as of this June) Then of course the also recently announced Night on Bald Mountain, more recently announced Mary Poppins 2, and even more recently announced Cruella live action movies. And lets not forget the period musical Triblyville, John Favreau's Kingdom Keepers adaptation Magic Kingdom, Matt Fogel's Prince Charming (finished script greenlit by Disney), and the Something Wicked This Way Comes remake (supposedly on hold until the director finishes his Beetlejuice movie).

Finally there is the live action Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers which was announced January of last year, with not a word said about it since....so maybe dead or on hold? Also OZ the Great and Powerful 2 which they were exploring in 2013 although I don't recall hearing if that ever made it to the scripting phase so again most likely dead as nothing has been said about it since? You have to think that Indiana Jones will wait until Ford is completely wrapped with Star Wars pics and thus not be in this window, unless Disney is brave enough to move forward completely without the actor in the franchise?

Last edited:

So much Star Wars... so much excitement..

Oh and excited for the rest too of course :)

some of these I want to see and some should not be made cars 3 really cars 2 was not even that good of but it is not for my age rage but still what can cars 3 even be about has for toy story 4 no toy story 3 ended just fine.

There are a lot of Disney projects in the works that we have no time frame for which a couple could potentially sneak in here too.

I wonder how set in stone those movies are. The Haunted Mansion and the Darwin picture added to your very comprehensive list maes almost 20 Disney Pictures films. And that doesn't include ones like Tron 3 which is thought to be on hold until Disney can take more of a risk on it. The point is, if they make our list, why aren't they on Disney's released calendar? We obviously already know they are working on them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter