• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to poke my head in and say Hi to everyone. :wave2:

Fred I still owe you the pictures and info about our room from our Dec. trip, I have just been to lazy. :blush:

I hate winter. :guilty:

I have heard nothing but positive feedback from other DISers who have dropped their kid's off at the Cub's Den.

If you are interested, you should definately make a reservation to ensure they will have a space for your kids.

Have a great trip!![/QUOTE]

Thank you! We did make reservations for Valentine's Day while we are out to dinner at Artist Point and then off for a carraige ride. I don't know who's more excited--Mom and Dad or the kids!!!

Denise

Majestic said:
They do arts and crafts, play video games, interact with other children, have dinner, and watch TV. As it gets later, they break out little cushions with pillows and blankets in case the kids want to go to sleep.

My 4 year old daughter loved it last trip. We will definately use them again.

Fred
You all are so helpful--now I an go out and not worry. Thanks! :earsgirl:

mdrob214 said:
Thank you! We did make reservations for Valentine's Day while we are out to dinner at Artist Point and then off for a carraige ride. I don't know who's more excited--Mom and Dad or the kids!!!

Denise

How totally awesome!!! What a great combo and VERY romantic!! You will have a wonderful time- as will your kids!

Is there DSL/broadband hookups in the rooms at WL? Or just wireless in the lobby/building? DH needs to be able to log on at night and do some work.

Very excited about our first trip to the WL!

whats the worst standard rooms?
Im actually hoping for a discount to come out so we can switch to courtyard
If not, we may use the DVC discount and pay for a studio in VWL

No high speed at WL yet. Not in the rooms. Not in the lobby. Not hardwire ethernet or Wireless. Nothing. :sad2: :mad: :sad2: :mad:

This is something I have complained about for some time now and mind you, I don't complain about much when it comes to WL. Word has it that they are working on it but there is no date yet.

There "is" broadband access available for $9.99 a day if you are staying in the Villas at WL. Not sure why they don't just tap off of the Villas feed for the WL if it's already there. Shrug.

When I am in Orlando or travelling out of state, I use a company called MyFreeI.com. They provide up to 10 hours a month of up to 56k dialup internet service for free. Each additional hour after 10 is billed at a $1 per hour with a max of $10 per month.

They work great and I have not had a problem connecting yet.

Take note that local calls at Disney are billed at the rate of 75 cents per call flat rate.

There is no per minute charge AS LONG AS YOU DON'T DIAL A LONG DISTANCE NUMBER. I emphasize that because I have read stories of people staying at Disney with $500 to $600 phone bills because of this!! Make sure that you ask the operator or hotel desk to confirm your dialup access
number is in fact a local call FROM THE HOTEL. Local calls may be different depending on where you are staying.

The number I use for them while staying at Wilderness Lodge and was local as of January 05 is 407-379-0100.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any bills or long distance charges you may get simply for providing you with this helpful information. :) Double check your dial numbers!

Company Info from the website at http://www.myfreei.com

Access 4 Free (Myfreei.com)
Each month you get 10 hours FREE
$1 for each additional hour will apply
The maximum you may be charged per month is $10 for unlimited Internet.
Reliable & fast connection.
1 Free e-mail. POP3 and Web Mail
No ads, no banners, no Pop-ups
Pay via Credit Card, Check or Money Order
Thousands of access numbers nationwide.
Free 24/7 online support
No special software required

Fred

triplefigs said:
Is there DSL/broadband hookups in the rooms at WL? Or just wireless in the lobby/building? DH needs to be able to log on at night and do some work.

Very excited about our first trip to the WL!

Majestic said:
If for some reason the 7th floor is full, they can make arrangements for you to be on a different floor and still have card key access to the concierge floor via the elevator.

Fred

Can you get a "concierge room" on a different floor even if the 7th floor is not full?

This will be my first trip to WL (!) and I want to stay concierge but prefer a balcony from which my two-year- old can see out. He couldn't possibly see over the privacy balcony that I understand are on all 7th floor rooms. Ideally I'd want to have a clear view of the water pagent/geyser from the balcony.

This FAQ is great! I am learning much and I'm getting excited about our trip. Its nice to see how everyone loves the WL :love:

Earlier I had posted about my sons injured ankle. It is not broken! He just got his x-ray back and he is starting to walk on it. We are so relieved because we are leaving on Sun. :cloud9: We lucked out this time. No more jumping off the top of the stairs for him. :rolleyes: Now we just have to get out of New England without another blizzard.

Tara :wave:

Great news about your son!! :cheer2: That has to be a load off your mind. Here is hoping you have a great trip. :wizard: Can't wait to hear about it.
Debbie

Leaving Soon!!!! I have learned so much from this thread and I thank you all. Any last minute tips/advice. Thanks again.

In case it is warm enough to swim- do they have swim vests for children at WL like they do at AKL? Thanks Lynda

lynda_oz said:
In case it is warm enough to swim- do they have swim vests for children at WL like they do at AKL? Thanks Lynda

Lynda

Yes the Lodge has life vest avaiable for your use for your length of stay. They can be picked up over at Teton Boat & Rental, Hope you have great weather for your trip.

Wow you guys! I just found this new FAQ thread and it's already on page 59!!! Awesome front door work, Fred.

Last night at around 7pm I sent off an email to the IPO email address that Majestic gave me. This morning I woke up around 6:30am and there was already a reply from them. I'm impressed in the response time. They emailed me a copy of the new Wildlife Discovery Excursion pamphlet, as well as the Personal Vacation Itinerary. Now the fun starts of deciding which PSs and shows we want to do! :)

Glad to see you back. You went MIA for some time there. :)

BluOrchid2 said:
Wow you guys! I just found this new FAQ thread and it's already on page 59!!! Awesome front door work, Fred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter