The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there were definately a combination of factors that affected the overall outcome of your trip. I feel bad that you had these experiences as vacation time should be smooth and painless.

Sounds like Bell Services blew it with your rice cooker and from what you said, they made nice on it.

Sounds like Magical Gatherings pooched your reservation requests and the lodge did whatever they could to accomodate you.

As for the wet carpet, I know that they also shampoo the rugs in the rooms. Could that be why the floor was wet? In this case, we like to walk around bare foot so I would simply have mentioned the dampness to the desk crew or housekeeping.

What bothers me most is that the front desk said you could not see the MK. We all know that is untrue. In this case, without being nasty, I would have asked for the desk manager.

If we can help make your return trip to WL any better, just let us know! We're here to help!! (Just like the Koala Brothers...heheheh)

Fred

Originally posted by Coko
Well then! Able to spend the nights at WL was wonderful experience. I stayed at Polynesian before, but WL room was much better, but since we got there right after hurricane Jeane (=sp?) left, floor was a bit wet. Did not bother to let hotel know.

Our Not so great experience occured due to Magical Gathering.

Originally posted by Coko
Everyone at WL said, "Welcome Home!", that made us feel so special!

UGH!! Now I am in tears!!! Everytime the security checks me in and says "Welcome Home"...it gets me....WAAAA!!!! I can't wait to go back to the Lodge in February!!!!!

Gosh Darnit!! All these tears and memories...I just booked my February trip...

January 31 - February 4th! WOO HOO!!

Hi everyone!
We are heading to the WL in December for a week. It will be our first tiem staying there. We have a woods view, but I did not put in any request....I think I may have said non smoking though. Maybe I should call back to check. Hopefully we will have some pixie dust and get a MK view.....

I was wondering if there are any fun activities for children? (at WL not FW)We stayed at the AKL in May and they had a fun bead necklace activity that you could do. We ended up staying one whole day just at the resort lounging and participating in what they had to offer.

Also - will the FW petting zoo and things be open in December?

I am in the process of making my PS right now...so far I have two down....California Grill and Ohana's.....I timed CG for fireworks and that will be our anniversary dinner....oh so much planning.....

You may want to check out the cubs den there. I would say it depends on the ages of your children.

Anyone have some input for the cubs den?

Fred

Originally posted by lillygator
Hi everyone!
I was wondering if there are any fun activities for children? (at WL not FW)We stayed at the AKL in May and they had a fun bead necklace activity that you could do. We ended up staying one whole day just at the resort lounging and participating in what they had to offer.

Lilly - Mmmm...California Grill is my all time favorite...may I suggest the pork medalions with the polenta!! OH MY!!! Now I am very hungry!!

The Cub's Den has arts and crafts each day from 2-4pm...They always have different projects to make. By the pool, they have the Duck races ( rubber ducks race down the Silver Creek) and the winner gets a prize.

WOW That was fast! :) Thanks Betsy!

Originally posted by DisneyDmbNut
Lilly - Mmmm...California Grill is my all time favorite...may I suggest the pork medalions with the polenta!! OH MY!!! Now I am very hungry!!

The Cub's Den has arts and crafts each day from 2-4pm...They always have different projects to make. By the pool, they have the Duck races ( rubber ducks race down the Silver Creek) and the winner gets a prize.

Originally posted by Majestic
WOW That was fast! :) Thanks Betsy!
Cubs Den Arts and Crafts is my favorite activity! It is my little secret as no one seems to ever be in there....but I guess I just let THAT secret out of the bag!

Our children will be at the Cubs Den on Nov 1, while DH and I dine at Artist Point. I will let you know what they think of it when I return.

Thanks Majestic on the floor request information.

Do you have to pay for the kids to do arts and crafts in the afternoon at the cubs den?

Thanks.

Lauren

Originally posted by joshua4
Do you have to pay for the kids to do arts and crafts in the afternoon at the cubs den?

Thanks.

Lauren

Nope...A&C are free, but you must stay and supervise your child...the evening babysitting service I have never used but maybe someone else can tell you what they do..I have heard nice things

Originally posted by joshua4

Thanks.

Lauren

Lauren

The afternoon crafts program at the Cubs Den is free.

:)

Here is a list of all the activities for the children while staying at the Lodge:
On select days Wilderness lodge has programs for children: Duck Races on Upper Silver Creek, Pool Games, Fireside Storytelling, (Meet in your pajamas at the Mercantile Fireplace) Beach Games, Penny Toss & Duck Rings.
Daily Activities: Open Crafts and Games in Cub's Den (free)
Children must be accompanied by an adult.

*For good rainy day activities, ask for a Kid's activity/coloring book at the bell station or a list of Hidden Mickeys at Guest services.

And yes ::yes:: the Petting Zoo will be open during December.
:wave:

We are getting so excited about our upcoming trip I just can't stand it! This weekend I plan to wash the new shirts I got all of us, and start packing some of our items for our trip. You all have been so helpful! I am sure I will have a few more questions as we get ready to go - but for now, a HUGE THANK YOU goes out to all of you!

Hi All...getting very exicited about my stay at WL in 55 days!!! YIKES! And we are staying in a Deluxe/Jr.Suite (thanks to WDW CRO mess up!!!)
I was checking out your new WL home/thread and wanted to access the WL Map on page 1, but I wasn't allowed access to it? I was trying to figure out where the end of the wings are, that you describe the suites are on.
Could you chec it out for me Majestic? Wondering if it's me, my computer or if it's just not working correctly?
Thanks a million!
Debbi

Originally posted by Lambert808
We are getting so excited about our upcoming trip I just can't stand it! This weekend I plan to wash the new shirts I got all of us, and start packing some of our items for our trip. You all have been so helpful! I am sure I will have a few more questions as we get ready to go - but for now, a HUGE THANK YOU goes out to all of you!

excited for you; just remember to come back and post all about your vaca!

(Besides, if I DO say so, we are the most informative, friendliest bunch on the 'DIS'....but that's JMHO!)

Debbi,

Have a great trip! And please report back about your room. We're very interested in staying in a Deluxe on trip!

Thanks! :wave:

Originally posted by Majestic
So there were definately a combination of factors that affected the overall outcome of your trip. I feel bad that you had these experiences as vacation time should be smooth and painless.

Thank you, Fred! I knew I was going to get warm feedback from everyone. I just did not like the fact that the rest of family member did not have a good impression about Disney anymore...
One employee was talking to my FIL that Disney was going down for over all customer service. To me, I still see many employees in WDW are still trying to make our "Wish Come True"! At store at WL, I was very late for meeting with my family and a cashier immediately senced that I was in hurry.... She told the person in front of me if she could ring me 1st since I was in a hurry!!!!
Because of her, I made it to MGM bus w/my family!!!! Many things we experienced were wonderful! I could not thank MGR@WL that she got me brand new rice cooker! It's not just reguler rice cooker. They went their beyound to get my kind of rice cooker (from local Asian market!!! I was very impressed!)
Daily Towle art was our #1 excitement. We showed off each room's Towle Art everyday. House Keeping did very great job! I would defnately want to go back to WL if my budget allow for my future trip! (We were able to get an employee discount this time....) Anyway, thank you for all of your advise. You guys rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter