The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
TiggerAllie said:
What is:
Standard Room - Old Faithful Club at WL?
Or did Disney finally type something more appropriate into the computer for "concierge-JD"?
TiggerAllie
Yes the standard room-Old Faithful Club is a Concierge room. (not a suite) I'm sure the JD is still the code they use on the reservations.

Hi everyone!! :wave: Well..I think I may be almost done with my arm being immobilized..as I only have partial tears in a tendon and a ligament..so hopefully I can start getting back here to type more! :bounce: Anyway..you may remember that I was debating an October vs December trip next year..as it would have to be very short as I am back in school and going straight through on a 15 month program. Anyway..I think we will choose October!! What weekend in October would you choose? I will probably take the girls out of school on a Friday and a Monday..so as you can see..it's a VERY short trip. Definitely staying WL Concierge again :goodvibes and would like to do MNSSHP. I was thinking of requesting "Woodsview" next time though instead of Courtyard. :love:

MAGICinMYHEART said:
DIS-Members that will be visiting the Lodge in December 2006

Brooke1-December 4-19, 2006
Leash-December 5-13, 2006 (Honeymoon Suite)
DisneyParkFan-December 6-10, 2006
Stauncie-December 7-11, 2006 Concierge
Denisekayt-December 7-16, 2006 Concierge
Ltl Mermaid-December 8-13, 2006
Ransom-December 8-16, 2006
Snogger-December 9-14, 2006
Stewart-December 10-16, 2006
Julieh22-December 11-16, 2006
Aesalsa-December 12-16, 2006 (Honeymoon Suite)
MimiofOlivia-December 13-16 2006
Brauergirls-December 13-19, 2006
STITCHes in TX-December 13-19, 2006

WOW.. Looks like 14 of us, so far at least, will be there Between the 9th & the 14th... Sorry, didn't count the ones leaving on the 9th, or coming on the 14th as the chances of seeing any of you those days is slim.. :confused3

And here I thought we were going during a slow time. ;)
party:

LisaRN said:
Hi everyone!! :wave: Well..I think I may be almost done with my arm being immobilized..as I only have partial tears in a tendon and a ligament..so hopefully I can start getting back here to type more! :bounce: Anyway..you may remember that I was debating an October vs December trip next year..as it would have to be very short as I am back in school and going straight through on a 15 month program. Anyway..I think we will choose October!! What weekend in October would you choose? I will probably take the girls out of school on a Friday and a Monday..so as you can see..it's a VERY short trip. Definitely staying WL Concierge again :goodvibes and would like to do MNSSHP. I was thinking of requesting "Woodsview" next time though instead of Courtyard. :love:

Lisa,

I would pick the weekend of October 19, 2007. Why, you may ask -- well, that is the weekend that my DH and I will be there!! We can finally meet! :)

But seriously, we always go the third week in October and I think it is a great time to go. F&W has been going for a while so it is not crazy busy. And last year the parks weren't very crowded. :thumbsup2

MAGICinMYHEART said:
TiggerAllie
Yes the standard room-Old Faithful Club is a Concierge room. (not a suite) I'm sure the JD is still the code they use on the reservations.

Funny you should say that...I looked on line yesterday and booked JD concierge on the passholder site. Looked today and it is listed as Old faithful club - standard room.

Speaking of the official Walt Disney Website, boy I dislike the new format for Resorts. And that's all I have to say about that!

dizneykid said:
I would pick the weekend of October 19, 2007. Why, you may ask--well, that is the weekend that my DH and I will be there!! We can finally meet! :)
But seriously, we always go the third week in October and I think it is a great time to go. F&W has been going for a while so it is not crazy busy. And last year the parks weren't very crowded.
Lisa
I agree ;) that's when we visit, still great weather, crowds for Food & Wine (medium) MNSSHP loads of fun.

So Jeanne I guess I'll make my reservations for October 14-21, 2007.

Party, Party
Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART said:
Lisa
I agree ;) that's when we visit, still great weather, crowds for Food & Wine (medium) MNSSHP loads of fun.

So Jeanne I guess I'll make my reservations for October 14-21, 2007.

Party, Party
Beckie

Sounds good!! I figured we would go October 16-21, 2007. :sunny:

We will be going in December and was wondering if when we check in if that is all we do to ask to be the "Flag Family". From reading the boards it sounds like alot of people ask for this request. Do they just keep a running list and maybe you get lucky enough to get picked?

dizneykid said:
Sounds good!! I figured we would go October 16-21, 2007. :sunny:

Oh..I will definitely, definitely try to plan for that time then!!! :dance3:

brauergirls said:
We will be going in December and was wondering if when we check in if that is all we do to ask to be the "Flag Family". From reading the boards it sounds like alot of people ask for this request. Do they just keep a running list and maybe you get lucky enough to get picked?

Yes..you just ask upon check-in to be Flag Family..there's no other way. I even tried to book it thru Concierge beforehand on our last stay..no luck. First come, first serve..which is only fair. Try to arrive early on your check-in day..and hopefully you will be in luck. If there isn't a spot available..put your name on the waiting list :) I've done it twice..the view and the experience, is priceless!!! :goodvibes

Hi! :wave2: I posted a Wilderness Lodge question this afternoon and was directed to this thread! What a wonderful source of information. I've wanted to stay at WL for years and just switched our package from Pop Century to WL for January 6-14, 2007. I'm so excited :goodvibes

I am booked for a standard room woods view - Beyond requesting a non-smoking room, does anyone have any recommendations? I did read through several pages of this thread and understand my chances of getting a requested room are greater if I request a general area instead of a specific room. I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you! :wizard:

LisaRN said:
Yes..you just ask upon check-in to be Flag Family..there's no other way. I even tried to book it thru Concierge beforehand on our last stay..no luck. First come, first serve..which is only fair. Try to arrive early on your check-in day..and hopefully you will be in luck. If there isn't a spot available..put your name on the waiting list :) I've done it twice..the view and the experience, is priceless!!! :goodvibes

I was wondering, will they let you be Flag family if you don't have kids? :blush:

MAGICinMYHEART said:
Speaking of the official Walt Disney Website, boy I dislike the new format for Resorts. And that's all I have to say about that!

I Totally Agree!!

And thanks for all the help!

:wave2:

It's not "picked" as in a lottery or anything. When you're checking in you simply ask if you could be a flag family for one of the days of your stay. The CM will get the flag family calendar and see if there are any openings. If there are, you're in luck. We were there August 10-20 and when we checked in the morning of the 10th, there were two open dates during our vacation. We got to pick between the two dates. You are to meet the ranger (Stan) at the counter in the lobby at the appointed time, and then it's off to the roof. You carry up the flags and hoist them in order (Don't worry, Stan leads you through every step of the way) and then Stan gives you a few minutes to look around and snap photos to your heart's content. It's a unique and wonderful experience. Upon returning to the lobby you are presented with a certificate as Flag Family of the Day and you're on your way...

"Can you be Flag Family with no kids?"

Of course! DW and I were the Flag Family on the last day of our last trip.
(That day happened to be Election Day, 2000!)
This time, we will have DD in tow, and hope there is a date available to be Flag Family again during our stay in December.

As I recall, we were to be at the counter at 8:15, and raising the flags on the roof at 8:30...

mtrak17 said:
I posted a Wilderness Lodge question this afternoon and was directed to this thread!
I am booked for a standard room woods view - Beyond requesting a non-smoking room, does anyone have any recommendations? I did read through several pages of this thread and understand my chances of getting a requested room are greater if I request a general area instead of a specific room.
Welcome Mtrak1 :wave:
With a Woods View I would request Northwing, 5th floor, overlooking the otter pond. That would give you a possible Magic Kingdom View.

Beckie

We were at the Lodge for 3 nights Sept 29 - Oct 2 - - I think we are definately "Lodge people"!!

I had a definate "trust" issue in terms of luggage transfer - and I mentioned why to the Luggage people - the response from Brian was "Ma'am, you're at the Lodge now, just relax, put up your feet, and let us take care of things"... I smiled and thought... "that's what they all say" sure, and I sighed... well he meant it!! At 4:30 when our 6 bags of luggage hadnt been transfered from BWV... well I called and asked, Brian stated "I just called BWV and I told them if it wasnt here in 30 minutes, I was going over there to get it myself, there is no excuse for this delay..." and you know, at 5:00 Brian brought up our luggage!! and apologized... I was stunned...

The lodge also gifted us with 2 chocolate champagne glasses!! We ate at Artist Pointe for our 25th Anniversary, I didnt note it on the reservations, but we were given the new "happy Anniversary " buttons upon check in - - so our waitress brought us each a complimentary glass of champagne!!

Beyond those "magical moments" the feel the lodge gave, it just felt like a vacation we just loved each moment. Sitting on the balcony - (not the best, not the worst, just sitting there looking out and seeing hawks fly over - it was just the best feeling...

Btw the pool was cool - refreshing when temps were in the 90's but for 2 of our days the nights were in the low 60's, days in the low 80's, the pool felt 'cool' and I asked a lifeguard, and the reply was the temp is set at 74 degrees, and they get complaints about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter